Personal connections to violent crimes?

53,901 Views | 274 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Willis
Celee04
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The other thread got me thinking.. does anyone else have personal connections to violent crimes (personally knew the victim, assailant, happened next door)?

Mine:

Personally knew the victim - good friend at summer camp
http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=41901144

Husband used to work with the murderer:
http://www.fox4news.com/news/161217969-story

Humorous Username
AG
My father murdered my mother when I was three.
Smee
There it is. I remembered teh story, couldn't remember the handle.
Gramercy Riffs
AG
Friend from high school murdered someone with a baseball bat and then hid at my apartment for a day or two. I thought he was kidding when he told me he killed someone. He was arrested at halftime of a football game we went to a few days later.
Know Your Enemy
AG
quote:
Friend from high school murdered someone with a baseball bat and then hid at my apartment for a day or two. I thought he was kidding when he told me he killed someone. He was arrested at halftime of a football game we went to a few days later.
Know Your Enemy
AG
I used to play poker with these two all the time. They were super nice.

Garland teenager gets 20 years in shooting deaths of mother, stepfather
$240 Worth of Pudding
AG
This woman is a close family friend. One of my aunts still won't believe she's guilty.

Her daughter had the hots for me when I was 18. Her mother did everything she could to try to hook us up.

Dodged that bullet. (maybe literally)

http://murderpedia.org/female.C/c/cisneros-dora.htm
45-70Ag
AG
This thread has the potential to be bad.
stroodles
AG
I posted this on another thread before, but my cousin once removed is James "Jimmy" Crumm who made his step brother dig is own grave and them murdered him. Two books written on the story are "Family Affairs" by Andy Hoffman, and "Crazymaker" by Thomas O'Donnell. They did some evil stepmothers deal on his mom Sueanne Hobson.

http://www.pitch.com/news/article/20610378/love-never-dies

http://www.tvguide.com/tvshows/evil-stepmothers/897539/
Ag03 CQE
AG
Our next door neighbors had middle/high school aged kids before I was old enough to go to school and the oldest daughter would babysit my brother and me at their house during the summers. After the parents passed away, their youngest son lived in the house with his girlfriend and murdered her (in the house) with a shotgun one night when she tried to leave him. He's in prison now and the house is still vacant.
hunterntexas
AG
I knew this guy.
Was weird seeing him on the news when he went down.

Also grew up with a guy that had an older sister that was kidnapped and murdered. His little sister was actually his niece.
OregonAggie
AG
A classmate of mine murdered the younger brother of another classmate. He was high on coke and looking to rob a house and the younger brother walked in the front door. I'm pretty sure they were neighbors. He was shot execution style in the living room. 1998ish.

A coworker of mine was killed in a murder suicide by her boyfriend in 2006. She was one of the sweetest people I've ever met.
aTm2004
AG
When I was in HS, one of the school's idiots lost at Russian Roulette.
45-70Ag
AG
The idiot and roulette thing brought back a memory of something I haven't thought of in a long time.

My senior year of high school a guy who was probably a sophomore played Russian roulette and lost because he played with a 1911. Put the magazine in, brought the slide back and chambered it and it never occurred to him what was happening.

I didn't know him but damn, the others around him were just as dumb.
$240 Worth of Pudding
AG
quote:
The idiot and roulette thing brought back a memory of something I haven't thought of in a long time.

My senior year of high school a guy who was probably a sophomore played Russian roulette and lost because he played with a 1911. Put the magazine in, brought the slide back and chambered it and it never occurred to him what was happening.

Pretty sure that game is Polish Roulette.
45-70Ag
AG
Wow
There's such a thing, actually looked that up.
Gigemchicken90
AG
Jane Calloway lived one house down from me as a child. - Houston murder for hire case

Story

Darlene Gentry from Cameron is my sisters age. - Killed her husband - catch her on Snapped sometime

Story

Neighbors brother - Kenneth McDuff - Sadistic Serial Killer

Story

My little town actually has a lot of connection to some rotten people
Human
AG
I was a good friend to a kid in Jr High who winded up shooting an assistant principal at Langham Creek HS in Houston. Good dude, don't know why he flipped out.

This was late 80s and crap like this didn't happen in the burbs.

Principal survived thank God. He also accidentally shot the place kicker from the football team in the foot.
histag10
AG
quote:

Play stupid games....

sad story though
htownag10
AG
Waitress Murdred in Bryan Apartments

Worked with the girl at Wings N More. Couldn't believe it when it happened. Remember getting the phone call. They even covered the murder on one of those shows in Investigation. Couldn't look at the crime scene photos. Probably the nicest girl I've ever met.
Professor Frick
AG
Damn, folks be murderin'.
tford12
AG
Went to Junior high with a girl who was murdered a few years ago.

http://www.kwtx.com/home/headlines/Deputies-Make-Arrest-In-Hillsboro-Womans-Murder-279295522.html
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
One of my closest uncles (considered him like a second father) was kidnapped and murdered. Still not over it, will never be.
Tursiops93
AG
My buddy and i knew Danny Rocha who was involved in a murder plot here in SA. He helped hire a hit man to kill an ex-wife of one of his golf buddies. Played golf a few times with him and he worked at the Precision Golf Range we used to go to all the time.

http://www.heraldtribune.com/article/20150724/ARTICLE/150729812

BassCowboy33
I have a cousin that came home from Iraq with PTSD. One night he flipped out on his wife and shot her through the mouth on their front lawn, then turned the gun on himself. The bullet went through her mouth and paralyzed her instantly. She lay there all night, conscious and unable to move or call for help until a neighbor saw her the next morning. She later died in surgery.
histag10
AG
Sat next to Tynesha Stewart in math the semester she was murdered.
hillcountryag86
AG
quote:
I was a good friend to a kid in Jr High who winded up shooting an assistant principal at Langham Creek HS in Houston. Good dude, don't know why he flipped out.

This was late 80s and crap like this didn't happen in the burbs.

Principal survived thank God. He also accidentally shot the place kicker from the football team in the foot.

Finally, we know what was wrong with Bertolet.
Gigemchicken90
AG
Googled Tynesha Stewart - I wish I wouldn't have
histag10
AG
It was really sad. She seemed like a really nice girl, though I didn't talk to her much. I just remember they had the profs from her classes spend a few minutes going over counseling services available through tamu, and encouraging students who knew her to use them.
45-70Ag
AG
quote:

Yeah, that was bad.

Good lord.
The Wonderer
AG
quote:
I work across the highway from where it happened.
TexasAggie73
AG
Had a former girl friend that was raped and murdered in 1975. She had just graduated from Sam Houston a few months earlier.
HBCanine08
AG
quote:
This woman is a close family friend. One of my aunts still won't believe she's guilty.

Her daughter had the hots for me when I was 18. Her mother did everything she could to try to hook us up.

Dodged that bullet. (maybe literally)

http://murderpedia.org/female.C/c/cisneros-dora.htm
quote:
She lavished attention on her youngest daughter, Christina. So when Christina's heart was broken, Dora took matters into her own hands.
millertyme
AG
Wait! How did I not know this?!?
WC87
AG
quote:
He also accidentally shot the place kicker from the football team in the foot.

The great Tom Dempsey.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.