Hot air balloon crash in central Texas

10,349 Views | 56 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by MSCAg
PJFry07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
We are all pretty sure our friends were on it. Families are from college station too.
I Play With Guns
S
That's so terrible.

I'm sorry for your loss.

My thoughts & prayers are with you and the families.
Goose83
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
Everything is a death trap
Personally, I prefer that my death traps have seat belts, air bags, and a steering wheel so that I can control where I'm going.

After all, when was the last time you heard a news report of a car being blown into power lines?

That's dumb logic. You're assuming that you can control the drunk in an 18 wheeler who swerves into your lane at the last second going 75 mph in the opposite direction, killing you instantly.

Death trap. You get into one everyday. How about an elevator? What if it malfunctions and you go into a free fall? Doubt you take the stairs every day "just to be in control".

This sort of logic is what allows the terrorists to win.
To be honest, life is a nothing but a death trap, and one in which we only have the most minimal of control over. Therefore my ability to try and exert as much control as possible within those parameters while minimalizing the dangers inherent therein is my utmost concern.

Therefore, I don't walk around on the ledges of one hundred story buildings in high winds, or fly in hot air balloons with no means of positive control, and which offer no protection other than an fragile open wicker basket.

Then again, we all have different levels of what we consider to be acceptable risk. But to say we should completely throw all reasonable precaution to the wind because a car might crash, or an elevator might malfunction, is absurd.
PrincessButtercup
AG
Edit.
Goose83
AG
quote:
We are all pretty sure our friends were on it. Families are from college station too.
How awful.

My most sincere thoughts and prayers to you over the loss of your friends, and to their families as well.
Bruce Almighty
AG
quote:

Damn. I though it crashed or something once it caught fire, but it seems like they were just stuck in the power line, burning.

That's not the Texas accident, just some sick **** claiming it to be. There's mountains and Palm trees in the background.
BSD
AG
I highly doubt this is the texas accident, as the geography of that area doesn't look like Lockhart. Still terrible.
PrincessButtercup
AG
That's crazy. I edited my post. It was part of an article in the accident.
Bruce Almighty
AG
It just shows you how stupid the media is. Some dude posted this video this morning using footage from the Egyptian crash a few years ago and claimed it was from this morning. The media swipes it from YouTube having no idea it's not real.
EVA3
AG
I've jumped out of an airplane and I want nothing to do with a hot air balloon.
swimmerbabe11
This is top top top on my bucket list. I plan on going on one as soon as possible.

That being said, this is horrifying and awful. Prayers for the families.
The Fall Guy
AG
Just read on the outdoor board that one
was an Aggie and his wife.

God bless the families.
(Removed:11023A)
AG
quote:

How absolutely horrible!! So sad!! Sorry for your loss
The Fall Guy
AG
http://m.theeagle.com/news/texas/former-college-station-residents-killed-in-balloon-crash/article_9831e328-0a38-5b0c-b4ad-d1089dbb0823.html?mode=jqm

No manifest on who was on board
TexasAggie_02
AG
T&P
Shooz in Katy
AG
T&P
Post removed:
by user
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
quote:
I rode in hot air balloon 2 years ago and it was one of the most amazing experiences if my life

Over a mile high in the sky, above the clouds, in nothing but a basket.
How the hell is this fun to you people?
Beer Baron
AG
quote:
quote:
I rode in hot air balloon 2 years ago and it was one of the most amazing experiences if my life

Over a mile high in the sky, above the clouds, in nothing but a basket.
How the hell is this fun to you people?
Agreed. Throw a cobra in the basket and you easily have my worst effing nightmare.
swimmerbabe11
WHY DID YOU PUT A COBRA IN MY DAMN BASKET YOU SICK FREAK!?!?!?!

This was my dream and you SNAKED it!!!!!

Thanks for those nightmares. "ooh swimmy fulfilling a life long dream full of sunshine and clouds and wonder then leaps to her stupid death because stupid Beer Baron had to put a stupid cobra in her stupid basket!"
Bruce Almighty
AG
I did it in Napa 3 years ago. It was cool for awhile, but I then thought it got boring.
Human
AG
Just found out a buddy of mine lives less than one mile from that accident scene.
MSCAg
AG
What's really sad is all the phones they recovered. The Today show had a couple picks that the victims posted to social media before they crashed.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.