It is cold this morning. Had to put on jeans to get warm.

4,867 Views | 40 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by MaterialAg
Woody2006
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Even when it's drizzly and overcast, the area is still beautiful and full of vibrant, almost neon greens.

It's not for everybody, but don't make it out to be worse than it is. IMO it's way, way better than dealing with the **** summers in Texas.

You guys get maybe 3 weeks a year of weather per year like what we've had since April.
PlanoAg98
AG
Maybe it's just me, but I live a warm Texas night being comfortable in shorts and flip flops. I also like the ability to have a swimming pool that you can actual enjoy. It rarely got warm enough in Seattle while I was there to enjoy a non-heated pool or the lakes/rivers without it being quite chilly.
marble rye
AG
I love both places. Each has their strengths. But it IS overcast and rainy the majority of the time.
Woody2006
AG
I loved swimming when I lived in Texas too.

Mainly because I so desperately wanted to get out of that awful *******ed heat. Up here I don't have to jump in the lake to avoid the heat (although there are far more and better river / lake options here). The cool nights make hot tubs useful as well.

Maybe I just hate the heat and humidity more than the average bear, but the NW is paradise to me.
Woody2006
AG
quote:
I love both places. Each has their strengths. But it IS overcast and rainy the majority of the time.
That's true, but it's also true that when it rains it mostly just drizzles. We almost never get thunderstorms or the kind of rain that prevents or discourages you from being outdoors.
OregonAggie
AG
quote:
I loved swimming when I lived in Texas too.

Mainly because I so desperately wanted to get out of that awful *******ed heat. Up here I don't have to jump in the lake to avoid the heat (although there are far more and better river / lake options here). The cool nights make hot tubs useful as well.

Maybe I just hate the heat and humidity more than the average bear, but the NW is paradise to me.

I miss the outdoor activities that the NW provides but not the weather. I remember *****ing about only being able to get my ski boat out 3 months a year, never seeing my kids' Halloween costumes because it was 55 and drizzling, and also living with 45 degrees and drizzle for months. Would've been better if it actually snowed but instead it was rainy and cold.

I do agree with what you're saying about the beauty of the scenery. No comparison. The problem is, it takes 9 months of rain to make the place so beautiful and green...

That being said, I kinda want to move back because I miss drift boat fishing on the rivers, hiking around in the woods, and getting off the lake and sitting around a fire pit because it's cool enough to do that. Stuck in Texas for a while though.
MaterialAg
AG
The PNW is great ... but the OP is in denial about the weather. I've lived up this way since the fall of '09.

As long as you have something you like to do in the winter, it doesn't matter. I'd also say the good weather is more like 4-1/2 months rather than 3 (July, August, September, first half of October). But yes, the winter features early darkness and rain and fog most days. You just have to know what to do with it.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.