6 a.m. on Saturdays

1,030 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by swc93
TPS_Report
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I remember getting up to watch cartoons just before 6 a.m. on Saturdays as a kid. I would turn on the TV and there would be a test pattern showing until about 5:57 when it would switch to a flag and the national anthem would play.

Imagine that, a block of time when nothing was being broadcast except a test pattern. If someone saw that today they'd call their provider to report an outage.
Smee
MTV still exists and was showing Beavis and Butthead episodes
Humorous Username
AG
In my day we wore onions on our belts, and we liked it.
45-70Ag
AG
Back when a kid could the tv on with just one button.

My kids can't quite get everything on and on the right input to watch tv on their own early in the morning
ToddyHill
AG
I can't say I was up at 6 a.m., but watching a couple of hours of Saturday morning cartoons was definitely part of my formative years in the 60's. I remember watching the Bugs Bunny and Roadrunner hour. Mom would watch them with us. Some good memories.
Tailgate88
AG
It was sad when there wasn't a single good cartoon on any of the three channels.
ScoutBanderaAg956
AG
I was happy when we could get decent reception on all three channels. When cable came along in the 70's (when I was in high school), we had to get a new TV with a remote and my dad went comotose changing the channel to see what else was on!
The Collective
AG
Doc McStuffins going in my house right now
swc93
AG
Would wake up, fix a big bowl of Lucky Charms and watch Three Stooges, Little Rascals and Loony Tunes till about 10am.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.