Pokemon Go....little advice

40,137 Views | 295 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Geralt of Rivia
Ryan34
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
Ripe for the shorting! Fitbit pt. 2.

You may be right, but Fitbit is a terrible comparison...
John Francis Donaghy
quote:
Ripe for the shorting! Fitbit pt. 2.

Disagree. The monetization potential for a platform like Pokemon Go is enormous. Nintento is essentially controlling traffic flow through incentivization. Businesses will be willing to pay for the game to make their business a destination for game players, thereby increasing customer flow, which will drive sales. And not just with Pokemon. I have no doubts that other games are in the works using the augmented reality platform to reach other demographics.

This thing may very well be a game changer for corperate marketing well into the forseeable future.
TexasRebel
AG
That works fine if you can keep people playing. I'm skeptical.

Remember words with friends? 2048? iAssociate? Any other app fads?
AliasMan02
AG
quote:

Those are not games that offer lots of expansion and other opportunities to keep things fresh. I opened Fallout Shelter the other day for the first time in months when a new version pushed through and it's almost not the same game. Same with Galaxy of Heroes. Bigtime studios know how to keep people engaged when dive into that world. Pokemon won't always be leading the news, but it has a long, bright future as a platform.
Ryan34
AG
I think Pokemon Go certainly has more staying power than the common app, but more than that I think it could represent an ideological shift for the company. Let Pokemon Go be the handheld platform and create a console game. It would crush it and be a huge console seller. It boggles my mind that they haven't made one sooner, but the success of Pokemon Go has got to be opening some eyes at Nintendo.
John Francis Donaghy
quote:

The game isnt the long term value generator. The platform is.

Pokemon Go is just the current iteration of Nintendos augmented reality platform. There will be many other applications built on this platform to reach other demographics, who can then be incentivised to show up at certain places at certain times.

Pokemons popularity will die off, but there will be something else to take its place. Nintendo has invented a marketing money tree, now we'll see if they can keep up with it.
Dad-O-Lot
AG
I think the potential for corporate marketing is tremendous. If I were an executive with an entertainment company, I would be putting a lot of resources into augmented reality marketing apps and marketing.

Imagine the possibilities as the technology improves. It will be like real time photoshopping pictures and videos.

"Hey guys, check out this video of me kicking Jackie Chan's a$$ in Times Square!"
Phat32
AG
To be fair, Niantic is the company that invented the platform and likely owns most of the IP other than the Pokemon aspects.
Know Your Enemy
AG
HBCanine08
AG
Laugh/cry
redline248
AG
Holly Golightly
AG
The app says I have no balls

How do I get more balls??
AliasMan02
AG
You've come to the right place.
Geralt of Rivia
S
visit Pokestops and spin the circle that is inside of them
Holly Golightly
AG
quote:

Thanks for sharing yours!!
Holly Golightly
AG
quote:
You've come to the right place.

Duh
Geralt of Rivia
S
quote:
quote:

Thanks for sharing yours!!
Sharing is caring!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.