Cellphones = Cancer?

3,097 Views | 23 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by 74OA
74OA
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
MAYBE SO
$240 Worth of Pudding
AG
Wait six months for the next study to be published saying they're safe.

That's the way this has gone for the last 5 years at least.
74OA
AG
Perhaps, but the scale and funding of this government National Toxicology Program study puts its findings on a much higher level of credibility which is why it's getting national attention........
Frederick Palowaski
AG
Gentlemen, practice these words in front of the mirror: "Although we are constantly exploring the subject, currently there is no direct evidence that links cellphone usage to brain cancer."

74OA
AG
I have no idea if there's any linkage, I just found this report far more compelling than past studies. I wonder if we'll look back some day and shake our heads at our complacency?
Beer Baron
AG
**** Motorola
redd38
AG
I use a cell phone and I don't have cancer, therefore cell phones don't cause cancer.
OregonAggie
AG
You aren't taking my phone away Commie!!
Agmechanic
AG
One study is not enough evidence. Doesn't anyone follow the scientific method anymore?
Agmechanic
AG
Aaand you should read the study, not the sensationalized news piece
74OA
AG
Listen to the far more informative clip that goes with the story. This is just the latest and most comprehensive study, not the only study.......
Pearl2010
AG
quote:
One study is not enough evidence. Doesn't anyone follow the scientific method anymore?
I am a scientist and unfortunately the answer to your question is... not as much as we should. It is a sad fact that when you work for a land grant university, the only way you can keep your job is to publish, publish, publish. And if you want to attempt to reproduce data, no high impact journal will publish your work. Therefore not many "true results" have been published in many years.
Ptery83
That really sucks
HBCanine08
AG
quote:
**** Motorola
Should've switched to a PrimeCo phone.
FCBlitz
So if cell phones cause brain cancer what causes cancer in the anal area?........enquiring minds want to know!!!!!!

We are surrounded by electrical fields 24hours a day for our entire lives. I doubt there is a problem Remember when the high voltage overhead lines were claimed to be killing cows and causing cancer in people.

Just another scare fad.
Bruce Almighty
AG
everything causes cancer
Kitten With A Whip
Don't worry too much. If cell phones don't give you cancer, there is a pretty good chance something else will.
Bruce Almighty
AG
So in this study, rats were given 9 hours of cell phone frequencies daily for 2 years. So that's 6570 hours of frequencies on a brain that's like 2 cm in size. So how does this relate to humans?
Burrus86
AG
Texting and driving is safer in the long run, then....
MouthBQ98
AG
At what range? Radiation and inverse square law regarding intensity...
SeattleAgJr
quote:
this.

it should just be assumed that some cancers will be caused by cellphones.

you are putting wireless radiation up against your head, for hours a day/week, for years.

it should be expected.
Bruce Almighty
AG
I'm glad I don't talk on my cell phone hours a day.
74OA
AG
quote:
quote:
this.

it should just be assumed that some cancers will be caused by cellphones.

you are putting wireless radiation up against your head, for hours a day/week, for years.

it should be expected.
....and I'd guesstimate that we're just now seeing the first adult generations that have used cellphones fairly constantly since they were rather young children. Give them a couple more decades of point-blank head irradiation and we may regret not acting sooner to protect people. But who the hell knows?
Goose83
AG
In light of this study, I propose all millenials be given free cellphones with unlimited minutes.
74OA
AG
........I'd just like to know how they taught those lab rats to use cell phones and who they were calling.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.