Memorial Day

1,191 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Brian Earl Spilner
BaitShack
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I guess I post this every year, but this is a general reminder. Memorial Day is not the same as Veterans Day. Although it's good to thank Veterans for their service, Memorial Day is a time to reflect on those who gave it all for our country. All gave some, some gave all.

If you haven't seen it, watch "Taking Chance"

GigEmBevo
Not exactly the same but if you've seen Band Of Brothers....

That was life changing for me. At least gratitude wise. They fought. In the worst conditions. For our country.

There's not enough we can do to show our appreciation.
aglaohfour
AG
Thank you! It's annoying to me when people confuse the two, but at least their intentions are generally good.

And now for my personal Memorial Day pet peeve: retailers promoting "Memorial Day sales." I guess nothing says "thanks for laying down your life for my freedom" like buying kitchen appliances. It pisses me off so much.
Wabs
AG
I am a veteran, and the distinction between the 2 holidays is very important to me. Alot of people come up to me and say thanks for my service on Memorial Day. While I certainly appreciate the sentiments, I do feel they are misplaced. Memorial Day is for those that didn't make it back. I know that I spend Memorial Day thinking about my friends and fellow service men and women that gave their life for this country.

Semper Fi.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.