So many snowflakes crying about rain at HS graduation

5,657 Views | 33 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by tk for tu juan
proc
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I am seeing rant after rant today from high school Seniors about the rain moving commencements indoors, only 4 tickets per graduate for family members, the rest have to watch it on closed circuit TV.

Their 20 cousins cannot come and see their special moment in person and cheer really loud. It is their moment, why isn't everyone moving mountains to move the date? It surely cannot rain on Saturday or next week, amirite?

Pretty sure I am a hateful sort, but other than my parents, I gave no cares about who saw me walk. Are they handing out trophies to everyone along with the diplomas and their 14 cords for club activities?
yeahtoast
AG
Your rant about ranting sucks. You suck. This thread sucks.
proc
AG
Everything sucks.
chipotle
HS graduation ceremonies should be looked upon like elementary school graduation ceremonies. Completely pointless.
yeahtoast
AG
quote:
HS graduation ceremonies should be looked upon like elementary school graduation ceremonies. Completely pointless.
I wrote multiple HS graduation cards to extended family that said as such.

"Congratulations on doing what was expected of you. Here's $50"
MaterialAg
AG
Procita gonna wear hood?
Stat Monitor Repairman
Do they allow AIR HORNS indoors?
proc
AG
quote:
Procita gonna wear hood?
That would be super impressive for a 12 year old. But no.
redd38
AG
I don't think my parents even came to my HS graduation.
Post removed:
by user
Girlhowdy
AG
We are going through all this hoopla on Saturday and are celebrating in big fashion. Not because HS is some grand achievement, but because my daughter will be out of high school jail and will now officially join the Fightin' Texas Aggie Class of 2020. Plus, cake.
Beer Baron
AG
Podunk towns where every hick in the county fits into the auditorium FTW.
Beer Baron
AG

quote:
Fightin' Texas Aggie Class of 2020
When she gets there can you have her look for that Vision 2020 thing? It appears to have gotten lost sometime around 2010 when people started realizing 2020 wasn't really some distant future year where we'd all be living on the moon.
Swarely
My sisters graduation got moved inside the gym at the last minute. So they didn't have time to turn on the a/c. In Mission. In late May.

People were passing out left and right. All the girls makeup was destroyed.
Girlhowdy
AG
I'll pass that along. Live on the moon - didn't you get the brochure? Never for me though, I need Texas BBQ
Ag with kids
AG
quote:
i didnt even graduate high school.

There has to be an Aggie joke there somewhere...
Ag with kids
AG
Good deal...
combat wombat™
AG
The people who don't get one of the 4 tickets are doing a happy dance.
UndergroundAg
quote:
We are going through all this hoopla on Saturday and are celebrating in big fashion. Not because HS is some grand achievement, but because my daughter will be out of high school jail and will now officially join the Fightin' Texas Aggie Class of 2020. Plus, cake.

The last part of this makes you sound fat.
aTm2004
AG
It's God's way of telling them they're not special.
aggiegal99
I'm praying for rain at my niece's graduation, so we don't have to go.
La Fours
AG
Lots of smeared sharpie lines huh?
Claude!
quote:

Hi, La Fours!
La Fours
AG
quote:
quote:

Hi, La Fours!

Howdy Claude!!
Kashchei
AG
HS diplomas. GED's are where it's at!
Ag with kids
AG
quote:
HS diplomas. GED's are where it's at!
BS
Waffledynamics
AG
Some people fight and struggle to make it in sh*tty schools with sh*tty home support and abusive families and teachers the whole way through. Be proud of the people who stick through under adversity that you may or may not have ever had to deal with. To them, their diploma represents an immense challenge has been defeated, and they should be celebrated.
Cromagnum
AG
Who wants to sit outside for 3 hours when its 90 degrees and humid as ****, all the while getting tore up by mosquitos?
45-70Ag
AG
The ceremony is way over hyped and it's somewhat depressing because I can identify the kids that high school graduation will be their only graduation.

And not to mention the district I work for wants admins/teachers to wear gowns along with the other crap that reflects masters or doctorate degrees.

Dumb.
Humorous Username
AG
quote:
We are going through all this hoopla on Saturday and are celebrating in big fashion. Not because HS is some grand achievement, but because my daughter will be out of high school jail and will now officially join the Fightin' Texas Aggie Class of 2020.

This is how I viewed my high school graduation.
unimboti nkum
AG
I'm 40 yrs old and still have nightmares about having to go back to high school and take classes to graduate, Billy Madison style.

I don't get laid even in my highschool dreams.
Cowboy1990
Rain free at the 51 minute ceremony I attended last night. Weather was nice and cool. One of the most enjoyable HS Graduation ceremonies I've ever attended.
Ag with kids
AG
God...I HATE graduations.

I only walked at HS and A&M because my parents wanted to see it. I knew I had the diplomas and that was enough for me. Sitting for hours waiting bored the **** out of me.

I've got a graduation tomorrow for my GF's daughter. Proud of her...but I'll still be bored outta my mind all evening...
tk for tu juan
Worst was playing bass drum or cymbals for Pomp and Circumstance over and over as 600 students graduate; did that my junior year
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.