Do you want your milk in a bag?

10,335 Views | 70 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by GoneGirl
aggie_wes
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Why does my grocery store ask this every time? Are there people who want to carry their milk like cavemen? Let the carton sweat all over your car? Why the fk is this even a question?

Somebody please enlighten me.
redd38
AG
I want two big ol' sacks of milk
Tanya 93
quote:
Why does my grocery store ask this every time? Are there people who want to carry their milk like cavemen? Let the carton sweat all over your car? Why the fk is this even a question?

Why do you hate Mother Earth?
javajaws
AG
inb4 "I like my milk fresh squeezed"
aglaohfour
AG
I always say no, mainly because it doesn't fit that well in the paper bag, and I hate carrying plastic bags. It's easier to just carry the milk/
haircut
AG
I want my milk in a big ol set of titties!
Know Your Enemy
AG
In fun bags
Tatem
just buy beer instead
histag10
AG
I thought this was going to be about the bags of milk they used to serve in school cafeterias.
aggieforester05
AG
Gee, I don't guess it could possibly be due to the high failure rate of grocery store bags when overloaded with a gallon of liquid. Specifically the paper bags that disintegrate when wet. It has to be another reason....
aggie_wes
AG
I have never once had an issue with a gallon of milk breaking a plastic bag.

Paper, I understand. But in non-hippie parts of the state we don't have paper bags as an option.

Also the lids in the jugs are prone to leaking if they tip over. Plastic bag catches that sh.t.
combat wombat™
AG
I don't want my milk in bags.
The Wonderer
AG
quote:

do you buy big jugs?
aggie_wes
AG
Why not? I haven't been able to come up with a reason , but there must be, as evidenced by this thread.
Leeman
You don't bring reusable canvas bags ?!?!?
Beer Baron
AG
Lol milk is made inside breasts.
george92
teeties
Humorous Username
AG
I clicked on this thread thinking that the Canadian practice of bagged milk was coming south. Thank goodness it is not.
ToddyHill
AG
Good grief.

You go to the grocery store and spend $100 plus dollars and you know you'll have several bags to bring in to your house. You have your milk placed in plastic bags as it makes it easier to carry to the house. And then you save that plastic bag and shovel the cat poop from the litter box into it. You throw it in the trash, which gets picked up by Waste Management and then carted to the landfill where it spends the next million years before it degrades (the plastic that is). In the meantime you take the empty milk jug to the recycling center.
Ornlu
AG
This thread is udderly ridiculous.
aggie_wes
AG
I put the plastic bags and the used milk jug in the recycle.
GigEmBevo

Got your milk bags right here
Corps_Ag12
AG
O la la
Talon2DSO
AG
Boobies are bags...so....yes.
chiken
AG
Milk in these bags?
suburban cowboy
AG
That looks like a ****
FancyKetchup14
AG
aggie_wes
AG
So seriously though. Nobody has given me a decent reason you wouldn't want your milk in a bag (other than a paper bag, that one I get)
histag10
AG
I don't have my milk bagged. Don't know why. Maybe because it has a handle. I have my juices bagged though.
nai06
AG
Because it's unnecessary. Milk jugs have a great built in handle. There is no need for a plastic bag
The Wonderer
AG
quote:
Because it's unnecessary. Milk jugs have a great built in handle. There is no need for a plastic bag
easier to carry and other sacks when it, too, is in a sack though
Geralt of Rivia
S
I don't mind carrying it without a bag from the shopping cart to the car, and from the car to the fridge. If the carton gets dirty while in the car then I get a paper towel and wipe it off.

All groceries in plastic bags get carried into the house with my left hand, and milk is the lone thing in my right, because who wants to make two trips to get groceries out of the car?
MaterialAg
AG
I don't want my milk fresh from the source, but I'd like her to deliver it.
aggie_wes
AG
What about when the lids leak?
MouthBQ98
AG
quote:
easier to carry and other sacks when it, too, is in a sack though
My wife gives me grief about it, but I will go to great lengths to try to carry all of the groceries in on one trip. I'll have all the bags hanging off both wrists and be losing circulation to both my hands, but I'm carrying all 100lbs in in one trip if that's what we bought. Fortunately we have a keypad front door.

Plus, we re-use the plastic bags.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.