Snowflakes Protesting Failing Grades

5,450 Views | 24 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Aggies Revenge
Buck Compton
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Snowflakes' self-esteem hurt...

Apparently, liberals in Ohio can't stand to get anything less than a C, or it hurts their self-esteem... Why can't Oberlin just live up to how I always pictured it?
Geralt of Rivia
S
Apparently Scotty doesn't know
Humorous Username
AG
This is the same college that gave us Lena Dunham.
redd38
AG
So let them drop out. I wish the activists at all the other schools would drop out too.
marble rye
AG
This is why truancy laws in K-12 are crap. The world needs ditch diggers and McDonald's workers too. GTFO
GigEmBevo
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
John Francis Donaghy
Oberlin is the most liberal college campus in the US, and has been for a long time. The school actually openly prides itself on adhering to progressive ideals and maintain a progressive campus. It's best to just ignore them.
eeinhouston

In 1963 at four year universities, 15% of grades were given as A's. Now 45% of all grades handed out at four year universities are A's. In that time, the number of hours spent studying per week has fallen from 40 to 28.
http://www.gradeinflation.com/
Duncan Idaho
quote:

In 1963 at four year universities, 15% of grades were given as A's. Now 45% of all grades handed out at four year universities are A's. In that time, the number of hours spent studying per week has fallen from 40 to 28.

Grade inflation has always made me crazy. The easiest classes I took at aTm were honors classes due to the grade inflation. You had to actively try to screw up to get anything below a B.

It isn't just schools, I had the manager of a sports clips call me to ask "what do we do wrong that made you leave a rating of 3 on our survey." The idea that I would leave an average rating for an average experience was completely confusing to them.
Scimitar
AG
Car dealers are even worse,,,they expect 5s all the time

It's the way of the world...all glory but no guts
B-1 83
AG
At a convention not too long ago, my former Soil Microbiology prof told me that if he gave the tests to today's kids that he gave to us, he'd flunk them all.
Scimitar
AG
That's just it, B. People today think they're entitled to everything, have no sense of self-awareness, and, most maddening, have no clue how to act. Then, when they get called out, the other person is a dewsher, jackass, a-hole, etc.

Hell, you see that here too. Talk about being clueless and then getting all pissy when told they're wrong.
Chips2003
AG
quote:
Grade inflation has always made me crazy. The easiest classes I took at aTm were honors classes due to the grade inflation. You had to actively try to screw up to get anything below a B.

What was your major? Because that wasn't my experience.
Joe Exotic
AG
I had a soldier the other day file a complaint with the IG office because two soldiers received commendation medals at a training event and she did not. Never mind the fact that she played on her phone the entire time the others were volunteering to help out with anything and everything. This mindset permeates everything. Even our military.
Duncan Idaho
quote:
quote:

What was your major? Because that wasn't my experience.

Biology
Duncan Idaho
I think the bigger issue is that you can get a commendation medal for training
Scoopen Skwert
AG
Wall to wall counseling might solve that.
Eric Forman
AG
quote:
I agree 100 percent. Every time a teacher handed me a below average grade, it made me so upset I couldn't even. I. Couldn't. Even.
BombayAg
inflation is everywhere.

if someone asks "how are you", if you say "good", they come back with "why.. what's wrong?"

dammit, nothing is wrong. I just said "good".

but unless you say "GRRRREAT!!!!" people don't get it anymore.
aTm2004
AG
quote:
Oberlin College's activist community is ready to call it quits. Progressive students are dropping out of college, citing academic and emotional difficulties stemming from their mental health problems and overall disgust with the toxic culture on campus.

This is what participation ribbons and spoken punishment gets you.
ac04
what's the deeaall with millennials?
Joe Exotic
AG
quote:
I think the bigger issue is that you can get a commendation medal for training

It's quite common. Especially in pre-deployment trainings or mission support events. In this particular case these two soldiers identified and fixed several issues for a deploying unit. They contributed extensive time above and beyond their training requirements to help a unit they weren't in for a mission they weren't going on. Without being told or expected to do it.
B-1 83
AG
quote:
quote:
Oberlin College's activist community is ready to call it quits. Progressive students are dropping out of college, citing academic and emotional difficulties stemming from their mental health problems and overall disgust with the toxic culture on campus.

This is what participation ribbons, No Child Left Behind, and spoken punishment gets you.
Fify
pdc093
This thread made me think of this thread...
http://texags.com/forums/16/topics/2750666
Aggies Revenge
AG
quote:

Not in my classes. Of course I tended to be a GTA that was a bit of **** when it came to grades.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.