The next disparity that must be resolved: airline seating

5,924 Views | 80 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Scoopen Skwert
Wildcat
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
CNN

Air rage triggered by walking past first-class seating
quote:
A new study suggests an unexpected trigger for these rare cases of air rage. It found that passengers in economy seating were 3.84 times more likely to have an incident of air rage if they were on a plane that had a first-class section. They were 2.18 times more likely to have an outburst if they had to walk through first class to board the plane, as opposed to boarding in the middle of the plane, directly into the economy section.

"Psychology (research) tells us that when people feel a sense of deprivation and inequality, they are more likely to act out," said Katherine A. DeCelles, associate professor of organizational behavior at the University of Toronto. DeCelles is the lead author of the study, which was published on Monday in the journal Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences.

Are you sheeting me? They got this into PNAS?

quote:
"When people from higher social class backgrounds are more aware of their higher status, they are more likely to be antisocial, to have entitled attitudes and to be less compassionate," DeCelles said.

So, like perceiving that you are a member of the "cool crowd" here on the GB?

Leeman
Nothing better than watching the peons walk by while you are comfortable in your first class seat with a drink.
SECond2noneAgs
AG
I thought this was going to be about the lolfats
Madaman
This is a national crisis! /Obama and his minions
Humorous Username
AG
#coachlivesmatter
Drawkcab
Why is First Class seated first? If it were me I would not want to have to see all the fat stupid peons shuffle past me banging into me with their blubber and their bags. Let me on last please.
OregonAggie
AG
I've gotten the same air rage when walking to the Spirit gates instead of normal airlines. I can't fly them anymore due to my blood pressure.
Post removed:
by user
COOL LASER FALCON
They should just make the whole airplane first class. Problem solved.
Wildcat
AG
quote:

They do that on Southwest.
AgShaun00
AG
quote:
Why is First Class seated first? If it were me I would not want to have to see all the fat stupid peons shuffle past me banging into me with their blubber and their bags. Let me on last please.
more time to drink. Obviously you never flew first class
histag10
AG
quote:
PNAS

This made me lol.
Scimitar
AG
Wrong guy
Scimitar
AG
I love business and first class on long hauls. Separate entrances to the plane
Drawkcab
quote:
quote:

Well I haven't, but I'm also not an alcoholic so I can wait 30 minutes for a drink.
Scimitar
AG
quote:
You can board whenever you want. I usually hang in the lounge until I feel like I need to board. Then, I walk to the front of the line
Wildcat
AG
quote:
Then, I walk to the front of the line
Nice touch
histag10
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

Well I haven't, but I'm also not an alcoholic so I can wait 30 minutes for a drink.

But they give it to you in a real glass.
Scimitar
AG
Might as well take advantage that you get priority...unless you just like standing in lines
Dread Pirate Roberts
This is not difficult. If you want first class - pay for it.
Scimitar
AG
quote:
This is not difficult. If you want first class - fly a lot so you get status and upgrades

FIFY
randy828
AG
Beer Baron
AG
Hey look at me everybody I travel by skybus.
752bro4
AG
quote:
quote:
Hang around in the Admirals Club or Centurion Lounge longer.
Leeman
quote:
quote:
quote:
Hang around in the Admirals Club or Centurion Lounge longer.
I do that, but it's definitely more fun to watch all the stowage board while you relax. ;-)
randy828
AG
GiveEmHellBill
AG
quote:
Nothing better than watching the peons walk by while you are comfortable in your first class seat with a drink.
You still fly commercial?

I don't have to watch any lolpoors get on my private jet.
Human
AG
The curtain will now be deemed un-PC, just you wait.
powerbelly
AG
quote:
I like to have a drink while everyone boards the plane.
pilot
AG
quote:
quote:

Dr. Nefario
quote:

Are you Bernie Sanders?
Ag03 CQE
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

ISWYDT
Tatem
quote:
quote:

They do that on Southwest.

southwest has a first class
Buck O Five
AG
I've always been comfortable in coach. I usually bring on a bag of fast food and my travel scrabble game, and I'm set for a good ride.
Wildcat
AG
quote:
I've always been comfortable in coach. I usually bring on a bag of fast food and my travel scrabble game, and I'm set for a good ride.

The greatness of this post will not be fully appreciated here.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.