Calls from debt collectors

4,413 Views | 25 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Build It
HowdyOutbound
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Anybody else get these?

All of my debt is currently in repayment, but I'm somehow getting calls from debt collectors. If the debt is legitimate, they should be mailing something to my address, right?

Are these debt collectors running a scam?
histag10
AG
Maybe you should pay your bills
Geralt of Rivia
S
You should try giving them your SSN so they can check to see if they have the wrong person
GetThoseKeysMilo
Apparently there has been a huge boost and the number of people getting these fake calls. It's a huge scam usually based overseas. I'm just happy that the people in my life with dementia and bad decision-making capabilities are in the nursing home. I worry about my dad maybe 10 years from now falling for something like that and losing his retirement.
GigEmBevo
quote:
You should try giving them your SSN so they can check to see if they have the wrong person

Credit card info too just to make sure.
Geralt of Rivia
S
Definitely couldn't hurt
haircut
AG
Just press 00-02 during the call and your big problems will go away.
HowdyOutbound
quote:
Just press 00-02 during the call and your big problems will go away.

Lulz
HowdyOutbound
quote:
Apparently there has been a huge boost and the number of people getting these fake calls. It's a huge scam usually based overseas. I'm just happy that the people in my life with dementia and bad decision-making capabilities are in the nursing home. I worry about my dad maybe 10 years from now falling for something like that and losing his retirement.

Oh really?

The people who call me always have their phone numbers masked so they look like they are calling from different states in the US.
BombayAg
I get calls from irs demanding money in an Indian accent disguised as American haha
rockisagood
AG
quote:
I get calls from irs demanding money in an Indian accent disguised as American haha

LOL poor. Go back to India
BombayAg
quote:
quote:

how can i be poor?
i hired you last week to mow my lawn

george92
quote:
quote:
quote:

how can i be poor?

Yes because an Indian in your caste is going to pay someone else to mow their lawn. Sure.
FriendlyAg
Caste jokes... **** just got real
45-70Ag
BombayAg
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

how can i be poor?

Yes because an Indian in your caste is going to pay someone else to mow their lawn. Sure.

today we run microsoft and google (and pepsi and adobe)

you are still in the 17th century with silly caste jokes.

enjoy your descent into the 3rd world

BombayAg
quote:
Caste jokes... **** just got real

ha ha
caste jokes. the last refuge of a pissed off person with a high school education with no career prospects.

don't worry. an indian ceo will take pity and will hire this george92 fellow. even if he has no science/math skills, you can wear a suit and pretend to look important.
george92
I'm sure all these Indians you speak of spend most of their time starting stupid threads on college websites. Like the guy from Microsoft, he probably just posted something about his wife always getting calls, after hours at home, from guys at work wondering if this was normal.
Gerald Tarrant
chipotle
quote:

Finish her. FINISH HER!!!
The Collective
AG
lol, what's going on in here?
Scimitar
AG
quote:
I'm sure all these Indians you speak of spend most of their time starting stupid threads on college websites. Like the guy from Microsoft, he probably just posted something about his wife always getting calls, after hours at home, from guys at work wondering if this was normal.
Buck O Five
AG
Maybe if Bombay taught the OP to haggle at the grocery and retail stores, he wouldn't be in debt.
Frankie T
quote:
I got this same call, except they told me they (the IRS) had issued a warrant for my arrest. I told them I was a US Marshal and demanded to know what authority the IRS had to issue warrants. They hung up.

Sorry for the thread-jack. Back to making barbs at BombayAg.
Ag with kids
AG
quote:

SWEEP THE LEG!!!
proc
AG
Engine engine number nine
On the New York transit line
If the train goes off the tracks
Pick it up pick it up pick it up...
Build It
AG
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.