A friend committed suicide last night

6,758 Views | 50 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by wbt5845
Goodfield Nohit
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I found out earlier today. I've kept it compartmentalized until I got out of the office. None of this makes any sense. I know it never does. He was engaged to one of the most wonderful ladies that I have ever met. They bought a house together a month ago. He had two kids, she had one, and they were awesome together. I can't for the life of me understand this. I've known him 15 years. I've vacationed with him, I've drunk with him, I've lived life with him. Never would I think this would happen. It's shocking beyond my ability to comprehend this.

I've lost a good friend and now I'm mad because he did this to himself and to his friends and family. I'm pissed off and I'm crying like a baby.
Humorous Username
AG
I'm so sorry.
A2
So sorry to hear. I'll be praying for all involved. I've lost several friends that way. Doesn't make sense ever. God bless
Waffledynamics
AG
Sorry to hear about your loss, Goodfield.

I wish people would speak up. Nobody is an island, not even the toughest man in the world. Sometimes everyone really does need help.
Furlock Bones
AG
There's no rationalizing it. Endure the pain now and support his fiance and family. Talk it out.

Just don't bottle it up.

Very sorry to hear.
aggiespartan
AG
Sorry about your loss. We never know what people are holding in, and sometimes we never find out. My grandfather committed suicide when I was a kid, and I was just thinking about it last night. The only reason I was angry at him was because he didn't say goodbye.
Amazing Moves
Sorry about that. I hope you find peace soon. It gets easier to deal with over time.
Geralt of Rivia
S
Sorry to hear that. Hopefully his kids didn't have to see anything and his friends and family are able to eventually find peace and move forward
Goodfield Nohit
Thanks for the kind words, y'all. I'm kinda using you for therapy right now.I'll be fine, there are now 2 young kids who have been told that Daddy's not coming back, and worse yet, they will probably get to go live the the BSC ex-wife (who I know.). His fiance is devasted. I talked to her this afternoon, as she called me to deliver the news. I will say this, she is one of the most amazing women I know, and as bad as this all is, she will manage. But I heard in her voice today, a sadness that I have never experienced in my lifetime. Not like this. Not about someone who was close to me.

Mrs. Nohit and I get on a plane in the morning to go help with things. Life isn't supposed to be like this.

Humorous Username
AG
AGnBCS
AG
Let it out man. It's only natural to be angry suicide stinks and is very selfish. We are all to blame when it happens as any sense of community nowadays is so nonexistent. As I get older I realize the smallest of kind gestures to a stranger or casual aquintence can go so far and brighten a day. Obviously this is probably deeper but we have to start somewhere and make people believe that we are truly all in this life together. As said before no man is an island but , does anyone actually live that way ?

Sorry for your loss be a good friend and support those in need it will help your pain.
trouble
AG
I'm so sorry.
Kitten With A Whip
The only thing I can offer is to try not to judge him on his actions. Some people hide their pain until they can't see any other way to alleviate it. Some are struggling with mental illness we knew nothing about. Whatever his reason, it made sense to him and seemed like the only option.

I am so, so sorry for your loss. Sending thoughts and prayers for you and for his loved ones.
fletch01
AG
Man, that's awful news. I've been a lurker for a while. But news like this made me want to finally say something. Losing friends/loved ones/etc. is never easy. I lost a child years ago and never was able to get closure because I wasn't able to say goodbye. I've struggled with life ever since. All I can say, and as may have already pointed out, don't bottle up your emotions. Talk to someone and let them know what you're thinking. Hang in there, it will get easier.
Humorous Username
AG
quote:
Man, that's awful news. I've been a lurker for a while. But news like this made me want to finally say something. Losing friends/loved ones/etc. is never easy. I lost a child years ago and never was able to get closure because I wasn't able to say goodbye. I've struggled with life ever since. All I can say, and as may have already pointed out, don't bottle up your emotions. Talk to someone and let them know what you're thinking. Hang in there, it will get easier.
Goodfield Nohit
I want to know why, and I'll never have an answer.

Two kids, ages 7 and 5 lives just got seriously changed. And a fiance and another 5 year old of hers.

It was the Brady Bunch. It's just so sad.

Geralt of Rivia
S
My uncle killed himself when I was 18. My cousin was 16 and she was the one that found him. She has been in and out of hospitals a few times since then.

That was why I asked if one of his kids saw him. I know that can lead to a lifetime of trauma. Thankfully she has great support from her husband and mom/sister.
Jetty
AG
So sorry...... Praying for all involved......
MD1993
AG
Most important part is not to blame yourself by thinking " what if I did this".."what if ". He had demons, there are no answers. Mourne, remember, forgive.
Goodfield Nohit
I have no idea who saw what. I didn't pry, in my phone call with Sarah. It wasn't the right time or place. We offered to come tomorrow and she said please do.

That's what I know.

Thanks for the thoughts, and thanks for the prayers. Much obliged.
bmc13
AG
so sorry
Geralt of Rivia
S
Understandable, I didn't know what information was known. Being there is all that will matter to them
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Very sorry for your loss. I've never had to deal with suicide within my family, but I did go through a painful loss a few years ago and had to turn to texags for comfort, being thousands of miles away from home.

Still not really over it, but the first few days were the toughest.

Can't imagine how the fiance and kids must be feeling, but I hope y'all are able to comfort each other in some way.
GinaLinetti
AG
I'm glad y'all are going to be a support and I'm truly sorry for your loss as well as his family's loss. Depression is a sick and sadistic *******.
Charpie
AG
The why is what hurts..and never getting answers.

I'm sorry, friend.
haircut
AG
Sorry to hear this goodfield. If you ever need to take it out on the golf course, I would tote you around 18 holes. Sorry again man
Furlock Bones
AG
You're doing the right thing.

And like I said, there will never be "the" answer.
DifferenceMaker Ag
quote:
I want to know why, and I'll never have an answer.

Two kids, ages 7 and 5 lives just got seriously changed. And a fiance and another 5 year old of hers.

It was the Brady Bunch. It's just so sad.

It's amazing how depression works. Your friend must have felt boxed in and hopeless for some reason. Maybe he was afraid of something. The lengths that some people will go to hide their pain knows no bounds. It isn't anyone's fault. It's just very very sad, and I am sorry for you, his fiance and everyone involved. Like everyone has said, just openly work it out the best way you can, and don't blame yourself.
Kendall Madden
so sorry for your loss
ballchain
Thomas Sowell, PhD
AG
Confusion, guilt, anger, and sadness are all typical emotions at such times. Acknowledge the feelings and don't judge yourself. "Closure" is an overused word but in time acceptance will become easier but rarely complete.
I'm sorry for your loss.
Beer Baron
AG
Sorry.
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
Sorry dude.

I know no Internet wise words will help.
OregonAggie
AG
Sorry to hear GN. Lots of good advice here on this thread and this is always a great place to use as therapy. I've found amidst all the BS and calls for boobs, there's lots of folks here that care about the other degenerate GBers.
FishrCoAg
AG
Sorry. Thoughts with you
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.