New Orleans

6,705 Views | 53 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Corps_Ag12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Only going to be there for one night. What would you do?
riverrataggie
AG
Crack.
FOUR THIN INCHES
AG
Get drunk, gamble, eat good Cajun food, buy some weed and cocaine, get a massage at Bankok Spa.
histag10
AG
Do you have to be capable of leaving the next day?

If you are content with unconsciousness, vegetative state, or death, I'm sure you could do more in your 1 night.
AG
GB recommendations noted. I have to be aware and functional the next morning.
chipotle
leave
Geralt of Rivia
S
Andyag
Spicy McHaggis
AG
quote:
Crack.

tiny94
Eat dinner at ****ie brennan's steakhouse. Go have a drink or two at the Carousel Bar in Hotel Monteleone. Gumbo shop for some gumbo. Gamble? Brunch at Stanley.

D ickie really TexAgs?
MGS
quote:
Get drunk, gamble, eat good Cajun food, buy some weed and cocaine, get a massage at Bankok Spa.
Is that you Ron Washington?
512Ag
AG
See a show at Preservation Hall
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
Get shot and not have any witnesses come forth no matter where it happens and have the police somehow blame it on you. Great town!
Rusty GCS
AG
quote:

New Orleans isn't Cajun.
45-70Ag
AG
Hotel Monteleone
Carousel Bar
PeekingDuck
AG
I doubt he'll notice a difference between Cajun and Creole. Also, Gumbo Shop is terrible.
aggiesherpa
AG
The carousel bar is great, until you get off the carousel.
Rusty GCS
AG
Flying or driving? If driving you should stop and eat in Acadiana and do your drinking when you get to Nola.

Hit up exit 97 to the boudin capital of the world. Scott, LA. Get you some boudin balls stuffed with pepperjack cheese and wrapped in bacon from Billy's.

Also, when you cross the border listen to Louisiana music for the full experience. Lots of Wayne Toups, Keith Frank, Boozoo Chavis, Belton Richard, Beau Jacque, Kevin Naquin, Jamie Bergeron, Lil Boosie, Louisiana Ca$h, Juvenile, Mystikal, and of course Master P (I miss my homies, bourbonz and lacs)
Geralt of Rivia
S
I've never stopped at Billy's, but I've stopped at Don's in Scott, LA and thought it was damn good. You have me intrigued, though
Rusty GCS
AG
Billy's > Best Stop >>>>>>> Don's.

Don's is the distant third to the other two. Not to say Don's isn't good but Billy's and Best Stop are the best in the state.
Geralt of Rivia
S
Good to know. It's been a year or two since I've been in that area, but I'll try to remember that. Thanks
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
Get the prawns at Mr. B's, go to harrahs and shoot craps until you're drunk but not sloppy, go back to your hotel, order a room service club sandwich and a bottle of wine, set your alarm and wake up call, eat and drink until you pass out, wake up, profit.

I worked 3 days bet week in Nola for over a year. This formula is tried and true for "I have to function tomorrow but want to have fun" week nights.
Goodfield Nohit
Commander's
Know Your Enemy
AG
Cajun/Creole, who cares? Either way it's great food.
ScoutBanderaAg956
AG
Ralph and Kacoo's for dinner then Pat O'Brien's for drinks.
Human
AG
Bush should have finished that cesspool.
Rusty GCS
AG
quote:
Cajun/Creole, who cares? Either way it's great food.

I personally don't care for creole food
Rusty GCS
AG
quote:
Bush should have finished that cesspool.

Racist
SabineAg
AG
Go to Lafittes and pick up a voodoo daiquiri, then do whatever else everyone else suggested
Helms96
AG
Eat Beignets at Caf Du Monde, then Go get a muffaletta at Maspero's Slave Exchange
Firearms and LTC Instructor
12thGun.com
Jarhead
CO of P-2 Class of ‘96
FCBlitz
quote:
there are so many restaurants better than Ralph's and Kachoo's.

I would do breakfest at camelia's
Lunch at the Mufalatta place. Central deli?
Dinner would be at a place called Lauren's? (It is a females name and you have to make reservations 1 day in advance). Can't believe I cannot remember the name.
riverrataggie
AG
quote:
Get the prawns at Mr. B's, go to harrahs and shoot craps until you're drunk but not sloppy, go back to your hotel, order a room service club sandwich and a bottle of wine, set your alarm and wake up call, eat and drink until you pass out, wake up, profit.

I worked 3 days bet week in Nola for over a year. This formula is tried and true for "I have to function tomorrow but want to have fun" week nights.

This guy knows what's up. Mr Bs always delivers. Love that place.
Al Bula
AG
quote:
only if you're visiting Nola all the way from the thriving metropolis of Bandera, TX and really have no clue how to have a good time.
tiny94
Mr. B's was always a no brainer for me whenever I go but it was SO awful last year. Could have just been an off night so I would definitely try it again.

Gumbo shop isn't good anymore? There is always Felix's too...
riverrataggie
AG
quote:
Mr. B's was always a no brainer for me whenever I go but it was SO awful last year. Could have just been an off night so I would definitely try it again.

Gumbo shop isn't good anymore? There is always Felix's too...

Was there couple weeks ago. It was the same. Server has a lot to do with experience in Nola a lot of times.
tiny94
I was served some bad fish... like gone bad. And our server was a ***** so you're right. That is the only bad experience I've ever had there! I go a few times a year so looking forward to going back.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.