Open Marriages

80,782 Views | 380 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by AliasMan02
Zemira
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
So a second friend has told me they are in an open marriage. The first couple was always a bit out there so wasn't a surprise. The second couple is closer to "normal" so more of a surprise.

I am not married so I was seeing what the married folks thought?

Edit 4/23/2016:
So as an update the couple that recently announced they were in an open marriage (2nd Couple) are now separated.
Humorous Username
AG
Only one couple we know through a friend has an open marriage. I think it is because they are both extremely attractive and could land almost anyone.
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
Some old friends of mine are going through some stuff like that right now. Sounds like more fun in theory than in practice.
LawHall88
AG
What is the point in getting married if you don't intend to be monogamous? People are weird.
Rusty GCS
AG
quote:
Only one couple we know through a friend has an open marriage. I think it is because they are both extremely attractive and could land almost anyone.

Knew a couple like this. But after I found it out they kinda creeped me out.

They eventually divorced because she had sex with a black guy. Guess that was the hard limit deal breaker.
Sq16Aggie2006
quote:
So a second friend has told me they are in an open marriage. The first couple was always a bit out there so wasn't a surprise. The second couple is closer to "normal" so more of a surprise.

Hello
Beer Baron
AG
Seems to be no in-between at all. Either it works really well and everyone's thrilled with the arrangement, or it's the precursor to a spectacular explosion of divorce, pain, and fluids.
bmc13
AG
know of one open couple. they are divorcing because the guy kept seeing one girl his wife asked him to stop seeing.
tbirdspur2010
AG
Wouldn't work in mine or most marriages, probably, but to each their own. Keeping my own marriage off the rocks is a full time job enough for me to not really GAF how other folks handle their marriages.

I kinda agree with the poster that said it sounds like more fun in theory than in practice.
TecRecAg
AG
If you let your wife **** another guy you literally can't get mad at her for anything. Ever.
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
Yeah, I don't know how anyone can have the attention span for that. It's enough to keep up with the people you really care about.
Kitten With A Whip
I don't think I know anyone in open marriages, but I did have a married male friend ask if I was into BDSM. Said his wife was curious and he had been wanting to ask for a while. Uh, no, but thanks for asking?!
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
quote:
Uh, no, but thanks for asking?

Exactly.

SECond2noneAgs
AG
quote:
I don't think I know anyone in open marriages, but I did have a married male friend ask if I was into BDSM. Said his wife was curious and he had been wanting to ask for a while. Uh, no, but thanks for asking?!

No clue where he got that idea from
tbirdspur2010
AG
quote:

quote:
Kitten With A Whip
Zemira
AG
quote:
quote:

Hello
Hi
Kitten With A Whip
quote:
quote:

quote:
Kitten With A Whip

Lets not take things too literally, k?
Zemira
AG
So couple #1 tried to proposition me to date the husband a few years back but I politely declined. Even if he was my type, which he isn't, it seems weird to me. They aren't dating anyone currently. Wife broke up with her boyfriend a few months ago.

Couple #2 they are each dating someone. Husband's girlfriend is engaged and the husband seems jealous of the fiance.

Seems like lots of drama and complicated and I can't even date one guy, much less date one and be married to another.
Beer Baron
AG

quote:
So couple #1 tried to proposition me to date the husband a few years back
Tits. You got bigguns?
tbirdspur2010
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

quote:
Kitten With A Whip

Lets not take things too literally, k?
Well, I can't exactly say no.

You have the whip, don't you see.
Zemira
AG
quote:

quote:
So couple #1 tried to proposition me to date the husband a few years back
Tits. You got bigguns?
I consider them normal size lol.
tbirdspur2010
AG
quote:
quote:

Knew a couple like this. But after I found it out they kinda creeped me out.

They eventually divorced because she had sex with a black guy. Guess that was the hard limit deal breaker.
Interdasting.....
Geralt of Rivia
S
Well now what is going on in this thread?
Rusty GCS
AG
Dude must be insecure of his peen and believe that all black guys are packing Powerade bottle size packages

And/or just racist
tbirdspur2010
AG
quote:
Dude must be insecure of his peen and believe that all black guys are packing Powerade bottle size packages

And/or just racist
It's one or the other. Either way, my curiosity was piqued, though, lol.
AliasMan02
AG
quote:
Seems to be no in-between at all. Either it works really well and everyone's thrilled with the arrangement, or it's the precursor to a spectacular explosion of divorce, pain, and fluids.
Serious question. Is "open marriage" a thing in gayworld? Or is there social pressure to take hard-fought marriage rights more seriously?
Beer Baron
AG
It's a thing, and the extremes I mentioned earlier apply there just as much as they do with you people.
Zemira
AG
Yeah, I have issues just dating. So to be married and dating seems to be crazy.
ballchain
tbirdspur2010
AG
quote:
Yeah, I have issues just dating. So to be married and dating seems to be crazy.
Can't imagine. One woman is more than enough work to keep happy (outside of the bedroom, that is) full time for me lol.

Luckily I didn't have to date much before she fell in my lap in college. She was one of my fish, so I lucked out.
tbirdspur2010
AG
quote:
It's a thing, and the extremes I mentioned earlier apply there just as much as they do with you people.
gasps

stumbles back

I am NOT a person, sir. You take that back!
713nervy
AG
I have known more gay couples than straight to take in a third for sex stuff. A lot more.
marble rye
AG
quote:

And/or just racist

Probably both. I ventured onto some African American message boards once and the **** white male posters say on them puts any troll here to shame.
Beer Baron
AG

quote:
I ventured onto some African American message boards once
We won't let my grandmother know when I take you home for Christmas.
marble rye
AG
quote:

quote:
I ventured onto some African American message boards once
We won't let my grandmother know when I take you home for Christmas.

No worries. And I'll even wear a dress.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.