KBTX reporting racial slurs at TAMU

33,414 Views | 198 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by who?mikejones
SwigAg11
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
KBTX is reporting about an email that President Young sent to the university regarding racial slurs said to visiting minority high school students. I bet more information will be available later, but very little was given out originally it seems.

kbtx link

Edit: I started at TAMU in 2007 for undergrad and now finishing my PhD, so I have been here a while. I honestly can't remember a single instance of racial slurs or bigotry in my time here. Have y'all seen anything like this? This just seems beyond stupid especially if it's a group of high school kids.
blumpkin
AG
Who tf is president Young?
HBCanine08
AG
It's happened
SwigAg11
AG
quote:

He's our new school president...
impavidus
AG
quote:
KBTX is reporting about an email that President Young sent to the university regarding racial slurs said to visiting minority high school students. I bet more information will be available later, but very little was given out originally it seems.

kbtx link

Edit: I started at TAMU in 2007 for undergrad and now finishing my PhD, so I have been here a while. I honestly can't remember a single instance of racial slurs or bigotry in my time here. Have y'all seen anything like this? This just seems beyond stupid especially if it's a group of high school kids.
Didn't someone yell some racial slurs at some indian or middle easterns on north gate? I think they hit them with a bat also. Maybe 07
blumpkin
AG
I'll be. What happened to that Mureno chick? Nice piece that one.
Smee
New army denial
HBCanine08
AG
Our awesome chancellor gave her a performance review written in crayon
CrottyKid
AG
It was a group of visiting high schoolers. Way to go new army.
Al Bula
AG
yawn
redd38
AG
If you've never heard anything racist at A&M it's probably cause you say so much racist s*** yourself that it doesn't even register in your mind when someone else says it.
Tatem
quote:

you couldn't figure that one out on your own?
Kitten With A Whip
Funny that UPD was called and is now investigating. Is it now against the law to hurt someone's feelings?
Slicer97
AG
It is in Austin, apparently. Good thing it doesn't apply everywhere or I'd be doing life...
Kitten With A Whip
Poor Slicey! We're gonna have to work on rehabilitating you before you end up in the slammer.
Sweet Clementine
AG
I hope they figure out who said the slurs and punish them. Inappropriate.

Also I remember hearing plenty of racist/sexist/homophobic speech at A&M. Isolated groups, but it happened.
Slicer97
AG
But then I'd have to quit hanging out here. Buncha folks here need to have their feelings hurt.
Betoisafurry
Insults are not illegal.
marble rye
AG
The only racial slurs I heard while at A&M were from Hispanic students.
Human
AG
Eso Es Racisto!
Sweet Clementine
AG
I understand that. But a racial slur thrown out at high school kids touring a campus is ridiculous. I'm not saying they should actually be prosecuted, but maybe some time volunteering with minority populations would help the offenders adjust their attitude.
Capstone
AG
Where is PC Principal when you need him? Somebody needs to have their privilege checked.
AliasMan02
AG
I find this very hard to believe.
Ragoo
AG
This could literally be written about anywhere. People call other people names everyday. Not going to change.
onceaggie
AG
quote:
I understand that. But a racial slur thrown out at high school kids touring a campus is ridiculous. I'm not saying they should actually be prosecuted, but maybe some time volunteering with minority populations would help the offenders adjust their attitude.
lol
RAB87
AG
quote:
This could literally be written about anywhere. People call other people names everyday. Not going to change.
This. Sounds like something planted by BLM or Horn libs. In my 5 years in CS, I never heard racial slurs. Not once. Now, gay/lesbian slurs, that's a bit different.
Rusty GCS
AG
Think it was fall '01 we had BET, Jesse Jackson, CNN and the works on campus over an affirmative action bake sale.

YCT been stirring sht for years.
marble rye
AG
quote:
Eso Es Racisto!

Es verdad, holmes.
(Removed:11023A)
AG
Who gives a flying ****

PC police has gone stupid in this country!!

So sick of this bs
Fonzie Scheme
AG
Whatever righteously indignant incident probably didn't happen. Even if it did, nut up, millenials. Consider it a protest badge of honor, or some such.
True Anomaly
AG
Wait, what happened to Bowen I?
HollywoodBQ
AG
Sorry you missed the SAE Jungle Party
BassCowboy33
On a campus of 50,000+ students, this is bound to happen. At the same time, nut up and be a man about it.
Scimitar
AG
Hey, poor boy! Go and have all your parties with all your new friends! I can see it now, Andrews. You and all the knee-jerk, bleeding-heart liberals, sipping tea and playing patty-cake. And those useless hippie pot-heads, those commie-pinko leftists. The bunny huggers, the pillow biters...The BUTT-PIRATES! And those beastly man-haters, tell those chicks to shave their pits then call me! And those ******* whiny crybaby minorities, you can keep them all!
aTm2004
AG

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.