Suspected burglar dies in chimney after homeowner lights fire

3,629 Views | 21 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by GiveEmHellBill
SeattleAgJr
How long do you want to ignore this user?
The Fife
Play stupid games and all, but that's gotta be a pretty bad way to go!
Out in Left Field
AG
When the fire starts to burn, right?!
PatAg
AG
So who fixes the homeowners house?
Fonzie Scheme
AG
AG
Does Seattle have a chimney doctrine?
pdaddy
AG
Santa?
45-70Ag
Tobias Funke
AG
Poor guy died of the flue
Gerald Tarrant
quote:
Poor guy died of the flue
SteadicaTm
AG
quote:
http://www.seattletimes.com/nation-world/suspected-burglar-dies-after-getting-stuck-in-chimney/

Fresno County Sheriff's Lt. Brandon Pursell said a homeowner in the rural town of Huron heard someone yell after lighting a fire in his fireplace Saturday afternoon and alerted authorities.
This really hit home.
The worst thing that ever happened to me was on Christmas. Oh, God. It was so horrible. It was Christmas Eve. I was 9 years old. Me and Mom were decorating the tree, waiting for Dad to come home from work. A couple hours went by. Dad wasn't home. So Mom called the office. No answer. Christmas Day came and went, and still nothing. So the police began a search. Four or five days went by. Neither one of us could eat or sleep. Everything was falling apart. It was snowing outside. The house was freezing, so I went to try to light up the fire. That's when I noticed the smell. The firemen came and broke through the chimney top. And me and Mom were expecting them to pull out a dead cat or a bird. And instead they pulled out my father. He was dressed in a Santa Claus suit. He'd been climbing down the chimney... his arms loaded with presents. He was gonna surprise us. He slipped and broke his neck. He died instantly. And that's how I found out there was no Santa Claus.
45-70Ag
AG
Martin Q. Blank
If caught, his employer probably would have fired him anyway.
Wild-Turkey
SeattleAgJr

EVA3
AG
I just had my chimney swept this past week. Really makes you think.
coupland boy
AG
Here.
MouthBQ98
AG
Gremlins, right?
Furlock Bones
AG
quote:
quote:
http://www.seattletimes.com/nation-world/suspected-burglar-dies-after-getting-stuck-in-chimney/

Fresno County Sheriff's Lt. Brandon Pursell said a homeowner in the rural town of Huron heard someone yell after lighting a fire in his fireplace Saturday afternoon and alerted authorities.
This really hit home.
The worst thing that ever happened to me was on Christmas. Oh, God. It was so horrible. It was Christmas Eve. I was 9 years old. Me and Mom were decorating the tree, waiting for Dad to come home from work. A couple hours went by. Dad wasn't home. So Mom called the office. No answer. Christmas Day came and went, and still nothing. So the police began a search. Four or five days went by. Neither one of us could eat or sleep. Everything was falling apart. It was snowing outside. The house was freezing, so I went to try to light up the fire. That's when I noticed the smell. The firemen came and broke through the chimney top. And me and Mom were expecting them to pull out a dead cat or a bird. And instead they pulled out my father. He was dressed in a Santa Claus suit. He'd been climbing down the chimney... his arms loaded with presents. He was gonna surprise us. He slipped and broke his neck. He died instantly. And that's how I found out there was no Santa Claus.
and that is how it is done folks.
Flashdiaz
AG
Cromagnum
AG
That probably put a damper on the holiday mood.
coupland boy
AG
There was a gal here in Austin probably 4 or 5 years ago that got stuck in an HVAC duct. She was inexplicably trying to get into a building she worked in after hours and got stuck. Died after some time, i guess dehydration, and she was found sometime later after a foul smell was reported.

Edit for link

http://m.nydailynews.com/news/national/body-missing-woman-26-found-trapped-ventilation-duct-steakhouse-austin-tex-article-1.132047
GiveEmHellBill
AG
quote:
quote:

This really hit home.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.