Help for charity auction

462 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by newsjunkie
newsjunkie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
The BCS Dart Association is holding it's annual Fall Banquet and as we do every year, we have chosen a local charity to help. This year Phoebe's Home will be the benefactor of our silent auction...I need to stress this appeal is for items for the silent auction and all proceeds from the auction will go to Phoebe's Home and will not benefit the Dart Assocation.
The BCS Dart Association is a 501(c)3 exempt organization and all donations are tax deductible.
What I am asking the community for is items to be donated that we can put in the silent auction-Phoebe's Home has asked for a list of things as well as gas certificates to help the women there get to and from work before they get a paycheck as well as movie certificates to treat the kids and moms to an occasional Saturday movie.
I am listing the items that they have requested-if anyone wants to just donate a gift card or gift that is on the list instead of an item for the auction; that's wonderful as well.
Our webmaster had not updated our webpage about Phoebe's Home last I checked but I will remind him to do so-you may go to our website for information and contact information.

The banquet will take place on December 13th at noon and will be held at Fast Eddie's Pool. You can message me or contact us via the webpage.

Thank you in advance for any help you can give and I hope I did not break any rules of the forum.

Here is the list of things they need:

This year, we are hoping to give the gift of choice to our teens and adults by having a variety of GIFT CARDS from which they can choose. You can also make a financial donation, and we'll do the shopping for you! Donations by check will need "Phoebe's Home Client Gifts" written on the front of the check so we may know your donation wishes.

For our teens and adults, we suggest:
Popular GIFT CARDS for Target, Walmart, Best Buy, Old Navy, Ross, Academy. $25 value is an excellent choice!

For our youngest clients, of course, it's TOYS, TOYS, TOYS!
All donations should be new and unwrapped. No toy guns, knives or violent toys please.
For our infant 3 year olds, we suggest:
Riding toys
Interactive toys and play sets
Baby dolls representing all cultures & accessories
Developmental/ Educational toys
Classic wooden blocks
Popular brands: Disney, Leap Frog, Baby Einstein, Yo Gabba Gabba, Doc McStuffins

For our 4 to 11 year olds, we suggest:
Building sets (Legos, K'Nex)
Baby dolls representing all cultures & the accessories like high chairs and strollers
Remote control vehicles
Large play sets (Classic Farm sets, Gas Station sets)
Scooters, skates and helmets
Science kits, telescopes, microscopes
Arts and crafts sets/jewelry making kits
Popular brands: Disney, Pixar, Nickelodeon, Calico Critters, Fisher Price, Hello Kitty
Fun and stylish overnight bags and luggage

Donations are needed by December 14th and can be delivered to our TCM administrative office at 2505 S. College, Bryan, Texas 77801 Attention: Phoebe's Home
PrincessButtercup
AG
First of all, Phoebes Home is awesome.

Second, how can out of town people help? Have an online donation site set up?
GinaLinetti
AG
Good luck. Hope y'all have a great turnout. If I were local I'd drop some goodies off
EFE
AG
How do we know you're not just gonna go pawn our donations for some sweet sinful news?
newsjunkie
EagleFordEarl..I guess I'm not smart enough to do that; never occured to me

Seriously, Phoebes Home is a wonderful organization that helps both women and children who have experienced domestic violence.

I will have to get with our webmaster about out of town donations...did not occur to me either. Duh.. As far as direct donations, they can be sent to them via snail mail I'm sure; I will check to see how they accept online donations as well.

Thanks so much for having the holiday spirit!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.