Questions pertaining to divorce

5,843 Views | 42 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by eeinhouston
IrishTxAggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Think what you'd like, but we're from a small town that she wasn't from. She cheated on him and she went to live with the guy that she cheated on him with. We simply just made it easier for her to get her **** the next day. The wedding album was just because... Not like he wanted the damn thing.
Chazz03
AG
quote:
I'll chime in even though I didn't see the initial post before the edit.

Ballchain's assumptions are not a given in Texas. I got divorced three years ago. My ex-wife was not on drugs, had no criminal record, did not cheat, etc. She was, however, lazy and disinterested in being a wife and mother. We had been married 19 years.

All her friends told her exactly what ballchain (and others here) are saying. They told her she would get custody, the house, child support, spousal maintenance (alimony) etc. i made several reasonable settlement offers and she rejected them all.

As it turned out, I was awarded custody, I kept the house, paid ZERO in alimony and she was ordered to pay child support.

Never assume things are set in stone just because you are the dad...good dads often do just fine in court, especially when fighting for the well-being of their kids

This.
B-1 83
AG
Too soon
OregonAggie
AG
I didn't read your post but I know you're gonna get through this fine. I went through a nasty divorce recently and was definitely the loser.

My advice is fight for your relationship if there's a chance it can last. If not, cut bait and start over. Kids being involved make things really hard but you're going to have friends and family that are there to support you every step of the way.

I never thought a year ago that I'd be as positive about life as I am today.

Best of luck.
mid90
AG
Glad you're doing well.
OregonAggie
AG
Thanks mid90. Kinda weird I guess but I've found that there's a lot of people on this board that have great advice and are supportive of others here. I read through a lot of the "divorce" threads on the GB to just see what people said and it did help to put things in perspective.

It seemed at times that I'd never get through ok but I was wrong. Things work out the way they will and hell I'm just happy to be here. I count my blessings every day!
GinaLinetti
AG
It's hard no matter what. Kids make it harder. But you come out the other side.
eeinhouston
To get primary custody of the kids you need to be the "primary caregiver". If your wife is too lazy to get them ready for school, bathe them, etc, then you stand a decent shot at primary custody. Also, if the kids are 12-14 year old range, the judge will give considerable weight to their testimony, if you force them to choose. I didn't want to put my children through that (and they were too young, so the judge wouldn't have given their decision much weight).

Child support amounts in Texas are basically a published rate sheet based on your income and the number of kids. You can probably Google it.

If your wife and her BECAUSE lawyer acts so irresponsible to reject reasonable settlement offers
eeinhouston
The judge may be forced to award in your case instead of just rubber stamping a negotiated settlement, that he may punish her for such irresponsibly. If you are lucky enough for her to act so irresponsible in front of a judge, your chances will improve.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.