Questions pertaining to divorce

5,836 Views | 42 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by eeinhouston
firethewagonup
How long do you want to ignore this user?
thanks for the advice.
Gigem Aggies
Stan Crowch
AG
Congrats on the sex
45-70Ag
AG
This will not end up how you think

Delete while you still can.
FOUR THIN INCHES
AG
You need to figure out how you're going to get custody of the kids, otherwise she's going to continue to sit on her ass doing nothing while you pay for it. Does she have any mental health issues or anything?
jetch17
AG
Texags is surely the best venue to air this out
Stan Crowch
AG
TL/dr The OP is an innocent little flower and his wife is a big meanie
Smee
She got big cans? Did you pay for them? Let's see 'um!
shafter
AG
I'd let me divorce lawyer do the talking for me.

Also, we have this rule... It's called rule #1.
Satellite of Love
You think you are free post divorce, but have fun keeping her on the monthly payroll.
45-70Ag
AG
I wonder if texags posts have ever been used against someone in divorce proceedings
Only1BFish
AG
serious answer.

don't do it, you'll regret it.

work on your issues first, don't concentrate on what she's not doing for you. love sacrificially and give it a little bit.

if you end it now, you'll regret it.
ballchain
Vernada
AG
Odds are, it will be you that has to leave your home. She'll get custody and her life will remain relatively unchanged while yours is turned upside down.
Dad
AG
quote:
You think you are free post divorce, but have fun keeping her on the monthly payroll.

That's what I was thinking. Between taxes, alimony, and child support you'll have to live like a poor yourself. Also, if your wife is as worthless as you say, you'll end up spending a good amount of money on your kids as she denies them activities and other things because she can't afford it.
chiken
AG
I don't think Texas is an alimony state - not sure where OP lives though.
ballchain
Joe Exotic
AG
Texas has alimony after 10 years but it's a pittance and also capped at 5 years. However, with 3 kids she will get a hefty child support check which she can deck out your kids in Walmart clothes while she spends the rest on herself.
eeinhouston
I agree with trying more to work things out. From what you said, I don't think you have really worked at fixing your relationship as much as you think you have. Take a vacation alone without the kids. I know it can cost to make arrangements for the kids while you are gone, but it will cost much less than a divorce.

If you decide to get a divorce, obviously get advice from a lawyer first, but if they tell you it will turn out any better than what ballchain said, they are lying to get more fees out of you to file lots of motions the judge will eventually deny. Lawyers have their motivations too, and their main motivation is to bill more fees.
chiken
AG
Regardless of how crappy this situation will be for OP and his wallet, I think it's admirable to leave a toxic situation. Parents that stay together for the children do more harm than good, in my very personal experience. Life is too short to be miserable for the sake of children.
redd38
AG
You need to find another guy to seduce your wife and get her to cheat on you.
FOUR THIN INCHES
AG
quote:

Rule 1 and I'll see what I can do.
45-70Ag
AG
quote:

Brilliant

What could go wrong
EFE
AG
Sinners
jetch17
AG
quote:
Life is too short to be miserable

Careful, people tend to jump people's sh*t for saying this on TA
chiken
AG
LIFE. IS. TOO. SHORT. TO. BE. MISERABLE.
jetch17
GinaLinetti
AG
quote:
quote:
Life is too short to be miserable

Careful, people tend to jump people's sh*t for saying this on TA

Martyrs
Smee
too young
Stan Crowch
AG
I blame all of this on gays ruining the institution of marriage
Ragoo
AG
Slowly move funds to offshore account. Wait until kids are 18. Drop her lazy ass.
Ragoo
AG
quote:
I blame all of this on gays ruining the institution of marriage
I blame the gentiles and Catholics.
IrishTxAggie
AG
My best friend got divorced about 3 1/2 years ago. We got drunk and I helped him move his wife's **** out of the house. By that I mean we had a hurling contest to see who could throw her **** the furthest I got quite some distance with the wedding album. It's an amazing site to see it as it goes flying through the air...on fire.
HBCanine08
AG
Wonder whose sock that is
Esteban du Plantier
AG
quote:
My best friend got divorced about 3 1/2 years ago. We got drunk and I helped him move his wife's **** out of the house. By that I mean we had a hurling contest to see who could throw her **** the furthest I got quite some distance with the wedding album. It's an amazing site to see it as it goes flying through the air...on fire.

Add this to the list of **** that never actually happened.
OldAg92
AG
I'll chime in even though I didn't see the initial post before the edit.

Ballchain's assumptions are not a given in Texas. I got divorced three years ago. My ex-wife was not on drugs, had no criminal record, did not cheat, etc. She was, however, lazy and disinterested in being a wife and mother. We had been married 19 years.

All her friends told her exactly what ballchain (and others here) are saying. They told her she would get custody, the house, child support, spousal maintenance (alimony) etc. i made several reasonable settlement offers and she rejected them all.

As it turned out, I was awarded custody, I kept the house, paid ZERO in alimony and she was ordered to pay child support.

Never assume things are set in stone just because you are the dad...good dads often do just fine in court, especially when fighting for the well-being of their kids
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.