Inlaws fail

9,403 Views | 72 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by BostonAg74
Cromagnum
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
It's bad enough that I have to visit the inlaws this weekend, but I'm being forced to go watch local production of The Nutcracker that starts 30 minutes before kickoff.
Smee
You're doing it wrong.
Eminemem
U smell like a ghey
45-70Ag
AG
Damn I'll never complain about mine again.
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
Watch ESPN app. If they complain, get a divorce. If her dad complains, ask to see the jar your mil keeps them in.
80s Guy
Scene control... You has none!
BillYeoman
OP, not sure how long you have been married but this sounds like an inlaw "loyalty test." Shut these tests down early and often...
The Fall Guy
AG
Hell at least you get to watch the game!

I am going to a get together with one of Mt wife's close friends who is a vegetarian. He just married another vegetarian who sounds stuck up.

Lots of tooting tonight
Cromagnum
AG
quote:
OP, not sure how long you have been married but this sounds like an inlaw "loyalty test." Shut these tests down early and often...

Only about 4.5 years. Inlaws don't watch many sports, let alone football. At least tbe wife is squared away on that issue herself. Too bad she couldn't tell her folks the timing of this play sucks.
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
Except it's not a play. It's a ballet. Tell your wife she owe you some freaky "only a ballerina could pull that position/move" type sex for putting you through this.
Cromagnum
AG
quote:
Except it's not a play. It's a ballet. Tell your wife she owe you some freaky "only a ballerina could pull that position/move" type sex for putting you through this.

Somehow I'm very glad I don't know the difference between the two.
BillYeoman
quote:
quote:

Only about 4.5 years. Inlaws don't watch many sports, let alone football. At least tbe wife is squared away on that issue herself. Too bad she couldn't tell her folks the timing of this play sucks.

A little advice: go on the offensive during the offseason. Get tix for your MIL and wife to traveling Broadway shows (they serve drinks at these things.). Find out what she likes to do and inundate them with it. Again, during the offseason. When things like a local production of the Nutcracker pop up on a Saturday during football season...politely decline...but tell them you will take them to the real production of the Nutcracker at the Hobby Center (they sell drinks there) AFTER Thanksgiving.....they won't blink an eye.
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
quote:
quote:

Somehow I'm very glad I don't know the difference between the two.
yikes. Sitting through a ballet and you're just going to get nondescript sex for it. T&P for your junk, brochacho.
jja79
AG
If after 4.5 years you can't just chuckle and say "no thanks, I'm watching the game" no need to inform the interweb of your situation.
oldschool87
AG
You must set presidence!!!! Let me see if I can find my post on this... This is a marathon. Aggie games are the Ace of spades they over rule all! Your wife should have known to not even by you a ticket!!!
Woody2006
AG
quote:
It's bad enough that I have to visit the inlaws this weekend, but I'm being forced to go watch local production of The Nutcracker that starts 30 minutes before kickoff.
What kind of whipped ***** are you? There is zero chance that would ever happen to me. Zero.
Zip 88
Be honest. It's not really an in-laws fail is it?

It's yours, isn't it. Isn't it?
oldschool87
AG
Here you go!!!!

oldschool87 11:38a, 8/23/14
I have so many TG A&M stories it's not funny... Game in Austin, wasn't going, mom says we're all set for TG, she had just moved. It was Tuesday before TG...

I said did you get cable? She said no, I said won't be there get cable. Not sure who she called or what she said to the cable company. But Ron Franklin, and Dr. Jerry punch along with my mother and I watched ESPN kick at 6:30 in her house!!!

Set precedence now!!! Or You will never , ever forgive yourself!

Easter Sunday at inlaws... I turn on the MASTERS... We have been married less than a year. Her family does not really know anything about sports, nothing! Sitting in old mans lazy boy, beer in one hand watching masters.

Getup to make room for the next beer. Come back and hutch is shut, tv is off. Wife comes over and says mom dies not think it's really appropriate to be watching sports today on Easter Sunday.

"Precedence" time, what do you do. I calmly said I can watch the masters here or at home, but let's be crystal clear, I am watching the masters.

July 9th, July 9 th!!!! Phone rings, it's her mother, hey favorite son in law wanted to let you know that we are getting together Sunday and if you want to watch your FOOTBALL, (remember the date) that's fine with us. Hope to see you Sunday.

Precedence!!!! Set it now!!!! Or you will be forever sorry!
oneeyedag
You need to get your balls back!

Zip 88
Hugh Jackman as Extra Sackman?
CrossBowAg99
AG
Fake being sick and stay at the house
rhoswen
AG
87 really needs to learn how to spell "precedence."
Cromagnum
AG
Turns out its a local talent show and not even the nutcracker. Wife heard wrong. Eff me.
45-70Ag
AG
quote:
Turns out its a local talent show and not even the nutcracker. Wife heard wrong. Eff me.

A local talent show? You're missing college football for that?

That's worse than the nutcracker
Cromagnum
AG
quote:
quote:

A local talent show? You're missing college football for that?

That's worse than the nutcracker

And there is no escape. We are about to fly over there.
brotheraggie
Give and take in all relationships!!
45-70Ag
AG
Just jump

You won't even know what happened
Ronnie
AG
quote:
I'm being forced to go watch local production of The Nutcracker

Can't nobody force you to do that. I agree this is a test and you know the answer. Just say "No I am not doing that" and calmly do whatever the eff you want.
haircut
AG
Look at me, I have extended family
Aggie Joe 93
AG
quote:

Can't stop laughing.
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
Well at least OP can actually just load up watchESPN and know that he's not offending anyone.
anaggieshusband
There are 40 weekends for her, and 12 for You.
wolfpack759
AG
quote:
If after 4.5 years you can't just chuckle and say "no thanks, I'm watching the game" no need to inform the interweb of your situation.

No ****
eric76
AG
Ballet is defined as "girl watching as a fine art".
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.