2 students needed to set up tailgate tent

4,086 Views | 56 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by idAg09
ThatAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I am interested... email me at 11kbutler11 at gmail dot com
easttxag11
AG
The desired location of the tailgate is key here. If OP is wanting a spot on Houston street for example, forget it. Back side of Reed with easy truck access might be worth it though.
Madaman
quote:
quote:
quote:
So $50 per person? Sounds low

$50 for less than an hour of work for college kids is low?
It appears our beloved University is now filled with a bunch of entitled twits.

Several of my group would have voluntarily killed a man for $100. That would have gone a fair ways at Dudley's Draw.
its 2015, 50 bucks isn't going anywhere once you think about gas, the fact its gonna take at least two hours (time in car and set up both count) on a friday afternoon, and opportunity cost.
10 years ago, sure
now, no way
Post removed:
by user
trouble
AG
More like 20 in Ezra's case.
Ezra Brooks
AG
Yes, 20.

And I'D do it now for $100 if I lived in C.S.
Ezra Brooks
AG
I mean, it's super easy.

You set out the tent on Friday afternoon with a few beers.

Saturday morning, your roll over to collect your hundy and stick around for a few cold ones with the old dudes...maybe hit on their wives and make 'em feel like they still have it.

Take a couple more cold ones before you head over to some other tail gates and swing by for a few more and maybe a plate before the game.

Grab a few from the old dudes as you head to the stadium.

Stroll back to the tent after the game and the old dudes will likely have packed everything up. You grab another brew or three while you load.

The right folks for this job are scoring much more than $100 for really not that much work.
Gerald Tarrant
I'll do it for 99 dollars
Ezra Brooks
AG
Now you're just letting yourself be taken advantage of
powerbelly
AG
I had someone pay me $100 per game just to get a spot at noon on Friday while I was in school.

You are under market here.
Frisco
AG
Its way more time intensive than you think. you're talking at least 4 hours of set up of just sitting out there plus an hour maybe two to put up so 100 / 6. Not that great of a deal....especially if you split it with a friend
Frisco
AG
quote:
I had someone pay me $100 per game just to get a spot at noon on Friday while I was in school.

You are under market here.

Yuuuuup
FOUR THIN INCHES
AG
quote:
Its way more time intensive than you think. you're talking at least 4 hours of set up of just sitting out there plus an hour maybe two to put up so 100 / 6. Not that great of a deal....especially if you split it with a friend

Wtf are you talking about? It's just setting up and taking down a tent, not their entire tailgate and everything that entails.
histag10
AG
It's also driving to and from their storage unit, and ensuring they get the spot they want.
Thomas Sowell, PhD
AG
Offer free corndogs and beer and LSU people will do it for free.
Frisco
AG
quote:
quote:

Wtf are you talking about? It's just setting up and taking down a tent, not their entire tailgate and everything that entails.
Have you done it? You can't just roll up at 11:59am and grab a "specific spot". You have to be there in advance. I did it last year for every game in a not very desired spot next to Reed and people and those damn companies roll in early to mark off the area they're taking. Drive by Reed sometime at 10 and see how many people are there - or better yet go by Spence Park.

So you have:
1) go pick up tent
2) get there early to reserve spot
3) go there after game (of which they change how all the roads flow after the game) and then take it back to the storage location.

If you think that's 2 hours you're outta you mind
FOUR THIN INCHES
AG
I've done it many times. We always set up in the same spot in what used to be lot 61, we never had a problem and it never took us long to set up a tent. Maybe it's different in other areas.
jfadioustoad
$100, split 2 ways, for several hours of work, during one of only a handful of home games? No thanks, cheapskate.
Out in Left Field
AG
People get so upset about **** that has nothing to do with them.
jfadioustoad
Not to mention doing it in 95 degree heat. No thanks.
aggietony2010
AG
quote:
I'm looking for 2 students that can assist in setting up/taking our tailgate tent. We live in Austin and we need 2 people to pick up our tent at a storage facility in bcs and put our tent in a specific location at Friday at noon before home games. On Friday, you will only be spreading out the tent, not actually setting it up(just saving location). This tent is like a bouncy house in that it blows up with a motor and is made out of vinyl. It's 33 ft diameter. A couple of hours after the game, it will need to be deflated(which may be done by the time you get there), folded up and taken to the the storage facility. There will also be a generator, a couple of tables and chairs, tv setup also that need to be taken to storage. We will be in charge of picking up the generator, chairs, tables, tv setup ,etc on Saturday when we get to town. We will pay $100 per game. Who needs beer money!

FYI, you may need a permit for a tent that large...
mt3950
AG
Holy **** this thread got sideways...I worked a lot more hours for a lot less than $100 in a day while I was in college. And yes, I missed several home games to work...either you want to do it or you don't. Sounds like a pretty fair offer to me.
idAg09
quote:
Holy **** this thread got sideways...I worked a lot more hours for a lot less than $100 in a day while I was in college. And yes, I missed several home games to work...either you want to do it or you don't. Sounds like a pretty fair offer to me.

This, and I graduated less than 6 years ago. Bunch of poosies in here saying it's too hot or you can't do it after a day of drinking, etc. And I guess some of yall got paid drive time back in college at work (if you even worked).
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.