wife's coworker seems to be hitting on her

21,357 Views | 124 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Dr. Faustus
Oil Baron
How long do you want to ignore this user?
She told me she was going to get a divorce. I thought she broke the news.
jetch17
AG
Answer: beat his ass
Vernada
AG
Cut his peen off?
riverrataggie
AG
Just tell her to stop picking up after hours. It will take care of itself.
ac04
quote:
he will get a friendly email from me asking him to lay the F off
very stupid idea. she should either talk to him like an adult or go to HR if she's not capable of that.
tbirdspur2010
AG
I've never experienced being as insecure as you.

Take it as a compliment and get the eff over it. Or put on your big boy pants and do something (probably foolish) about it. Either way, quit crying to TexAgs about it.
Kitten With A Whip
Jealousy is not attractive. This is not worth you stirring up a bunch of trouble before it is warranted.If you trust your wife, chill and let her handle it. She can go to HR on her own if he doesn't back off.
SWCBonfire
AG
quote:

Real answer: either you trust your spouse or you shouldn't be married to them. Tell her you know she's a big girl and can take care of herself... and that if he does anything inappropriate, to cut out the middleman and tell the other dude's wife.
Tanya 93
Don't do anything.
It isn't your job. She doesn't have to answer the phone. But she still is.
45-70Ag
AG
Like jetch said, confrontation of some sort might be the only option.

He knows what he's doing and that she's married. He doesn't give a damn about you, family or kids if you have any, so bury him............NOT LITERALLY since some need to see that.

ac04
are y'all trying to get his wife fired? horrible advice
Beer Baron
AG
You need to get ahead of this. Email everyone in the company and let them know this situation exists. It will be much better if they find out up front instead of hearing it through the grapevine. /MomNumbers
histag10
AG
Maybe his wife isn't as badass as yours, and can't hold her own or stand up for herself.

Or maybe his wife is having an affair- she did lie about how often he called her
AgsLv44
AG
She needs to stop picking up after hours. This is the only way he will get the hint. I am not married, but have been in this situation before. (In your wife's position with male co workers hitting on me who are married) By answering the men believe one more call/text will lead to what they want.

My brother has had women hit on him at work. Out of respect for his wife he avoids contact that could be viewed as a positive response to advances. One woman who had been hitting on him had a flat after work. He changed the tire and went on his way. The following month she mysteriously had another flat and no spare. Asked for a ride home. He called a wrecker service.

My boyfriend has told me when a woman responds in the mind of some men you are giving them permission to pursue. She either needs to totally ignore it, tell him to stop calling or report it to HR. Most men eventually get the hint without needing to escalate the situation. Totally ignoring usually works.

With a couple of men I have actually used the words "out of respect for your wife" I don't think it's a good idea you call my personal cell phone or email me on a personal level. You can usually tell if they are just emailing/calling for a legit reason or if it is because they want to pursue something else.
anaggieshusband
Maybe something already happened, And they are just talking about how guilty they feel???
OregonAggie
AG
I will suggest the following:

Just pay for something like this to fly around the office everyday for a week. just put the guy's name on it and tell him he's about to get his ass whipped.
tbirdspur2010
AG
Or maybe I'm just being mean and taking it out on OP because I can't be with my better half right now.

I'm sorry, OP--hope everything works out satisfactorily for you.
histag10
AG
Not too much longer though right?
LeFraud
If you're this insecure, you're a p***y
If you have a hot wife, and won't rule 1, you're a p***y
If you came here to get this out, you're a p***y

You're a p***y
AgsLv44
AG
quote:
Don't do anything.

I agree with Tanya on this point. It is not your place.

I do think it's okay to speak with your wife and perhaps give her the male perspective. Don't have her ignore him for you, but explain by responding as she does how the co worker is receiving positive feedback to advances. I didn't realize I was actually encouraging the behavior or letting them know it was okay until he explained the male perspective to me. After that I changed how I responded (or didn't ) The advice was not given to me in a way where my boyfriend was being controlling. My response changed after I realized what I was doing.
GigEmBevo
The dude is calling to gossip? He sounds gay...
tbirdspur2010
AG
About half a year. March is when she can move down here for good.
Ronnie
AG
How did you find out about it? Did she tell you or did you ask her why he was calling so much?

Did she complain to you before you brought it up or after?
AgKJ
AG
quote:
My wife has told me about him and even mentioned that he called a couple of times but I didn't know it was that much.

Wait. How did you find out that it was actually a lot more than what you thought? She told you, or you checked her phone and caught her in a lie, or what?
TyHolden
AG
This won't end well...
B-1 83
AG
In Uvalde, one of my coworkers loved to show up at my house when he knew I was out on travel. TW never let him in and was annoyed the guy did this. I had a useful idiot in the office whom I knew couldn't keep his mouth shut (a cultural thing), so I told him that I was pissed and had never used my Black Belt in anger, but would f&@$ this guy up if he ever showed up at my door with me gone again. He never came back.
FIDO*98*
AG
quote:
If you have a hot wife, and won't rule 1, you're a p***y

She's not hot or OP wouldn't be too embarrassed of her to post a pic

Not only that, she's either cheating on him or dumb as sh't as evidenced by the fact she can't simply not pick up the phone
javajaws
AG
As long as your taking care of business at home you have nothing to worry about. Make sure she gets hers before you get yours.
Slicer97
AG
quote:

he's b1tch ing about another dude on the internet

like he's really gonna beat anyone's ass

threatening to email HR? of a place that doesn't employ you?

seriously though, no matter what this dude does, you're wife will cheat on you or she won't

if she won't, what the f*** are you worried about

if she will, if it ain't with this dude, it'll be with another (or possibly a chick, which is kinda hot)

so, in the meantime, grab a beer and enjoy your evening and don't worry about a dude who's just rubbing one out to what you're sticking it in
Talon2DSO
AG
This has to be a troll. No man can be high school-level insecure about a spouse having friends. Perhaps she's open to the co-worker because she's missing something at home
UndergroundAg
quote:

And I have an attractive spouse, as well.

And unlike your beta behind, I follow rule #1:

Take it as a compliment and get the eff over it. Or put on your big boy pants and do something (probably foolish) about it. Either way, quit crying to TexAgs about it.

But what about her face? Or does she wear the hat like that all the time?
runontexas
AG
quote:
Don't do anything.

THIS
tbirdspur2010
AG
quote:
quote:

And I have an attractive spouse, as well.

And unlike your beta behind, I follow rule #1:

But what about her face? Or does she wear the hat like that all the time?
All. The. Time.

J/k, I've posted her pic plenty of times in the picture thread tho.
knoxtom
Calling hr? Seriously?

Your wife is answering the phone and talking to him all day. That is not hr worthy.

Btw your wife is either already cheating on you or just waiting until the next happy hour to start cheating on you. She wouldn't be talking to him all the time if you made her happy
combat wombat™
AG
He's her work husband.
Last Page
Page 1 of 4

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.