Thanks BOR

8 Views | 78 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by histag10
FTA2015
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Because of your fantastic plan that has nothing to do with personal greed. Every day is like game day! By that I mean the traffic, and no I'm not exaggerating. Luckily I was able to get to my class on time, but it's time to start and the 300 person class is 1/4 full. No doubt quite a few tried to take the bus lol. Every single stop I passed on the way in had enough to fill a bus.

I hope all of you read this.

**** you, someone who actually has to live in the ****hole you have created
chipotle
Bird Poo
AG
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
rocky the dog
AG
Children should be seen and not heard.
Ragnar Danneskjoldd
AG
Where do you plan on living after college? Hope its not a city.
Aggie Joe 93
AG
Wow. Is today the first day of class?
FTA2015
AG
Does the entire population of any city all have to go to the same place? I'm sure the people going to work in south cs had no problems this morning.
Ragnar Danneskjoldd
AG
I moved to CS from Houston. It took one and half hours to get to work in Houston. about 2-2 1/2 to get home. I was at my bus stop in CS this morning at 7am (all by myself) and got to work at 7:30.

You have a point about classes, but traffic really isnt an excuse to be late for something in life. Get up earlier.

And yeah, this town wasnt built or designed for as many people as are here, its miserable, but not really the BOR fault.
AggieDPT
AG
Maybe you should transfer somewhere like Blinn or St. Edward's if you can't handle people. Newsflash: it was that busy when I started school there in 08 and for the class not being very full, lots of people skip syllabus day.
Bitter Old Man
AG
Well, if the BOR hadn't done what they did, YOU might not have a spot. So, maybe YOU are the problem...

I hear that Baylor doesn't have a traffic problem.... try there...
Ag4coal
It's been like that since I lived off of deacon from 08 on. Don't want traffic, then move to Bryan and come in from the north.
biggolfboy
AG
FTA2015
AG
Lol, I was here when their little plan started, nice try though. My argument does not stem from a "qualified student" standpoint. It stems from a purely logistical standpoint. At 80000 students, they won't be able to get to their classes at all without considerable infrastructure additions.
Teslag
AG
Would it make you happy to know that A&M is now offering its first online bachelors degree?
Spotted Ag
AG
I remember those first days of the fall semester all the way back in 02-04. Gawd was I sooooo pissed those mornings. Then magically it got better each day.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
quote:
It's been like that since I lived off of deacon from 08 on. Don't want traffic, then move to Bryan and come in from the north.

Jugstore Cowboy
AG
quote:
Lol, I was here when their little plan started, nice try though. My argument does not stem from a "qualified student" standpoint. It stems from a purely logistical standpoint. At 80000 students, they won't be able to get to their classes at all without considerable infrastructure additions.

What year was the lecture hall built?
greg.w.h
AG
Pardon me for being dismissive, but which part of going to Texas A&M didn't include "wait in long lines"??

If you're not an hour early for class from off campus, you're late.

EDIT: which might explain why they can get away with $800 per month for shared dorm rooms and $10 per meal cafeteria costs...
FTA2015
AG
Idk its Harrington so 1658? What does this have to do with anything?
FTA2015
AG
Has not been my experience the past four years.

Greg a lot of the off campus housing is just as bad with rent prices.
greg.w.h
AG
quote:

Then it has nothing to do with the BOR
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
quote:
Idk its Harrington so 1658? What does this have to do with anything?

Just that some of us were sitting in those giant lecture halls in Harrington, Heldenfelds, etc., many many years ago. Your situation is not new.

Hell, Dub Miller was singing about 8 o clocks in Heldenfelds when I was in school
greg.w.h
AG
quote:
quote:

Then it has nothing to do with the BOR

First week of school was always an outlier, btw, even back in the 80s.
Bitter Old Man
AG
Wait, are you in class right now? The first day of class, and you're on Texags? We won't have to worry about having you around for to much longer...
FTA2015
AG
Woo hoo syllabus, hope I don't fail the exam
Sponge
AG
Move to Hart.

Buy rollerblades.

Easy trip to class guaranteed!
Claude!
What College Station needs is a monorail. It'd really put us on the map.
Professor Frick
AG
I think this is what they call 'the other education'. Get used to it, numbnuts.
Ragnar Danneskjoldd
AG
First week is syllabus week. Dont go. You're bad at college.
Professor Frick
AG
quote:
Does the entire population of any city all have to go to the same place?

Yes.
Ragnar Danneskjoldd
AG
Well, sir, there's nothin' on earth like a genuine bona-fide electrified six-car monorail! What'd I say?
Furlock Bones
AG
i'm having trouble hearing the op.

Jugstore Cowboy
AG
WELCOME TO WACO; WHERE THE MONORAIL IS KING!
mid90
AG
quote:
I moved to CS from Houston. It took one and half hours to get to work in Houston. about 2-2 1/2 to get home. I was at my bus stop in CS this morning at 7am (all by myself) and got to work at 7:30.

You have a point about classes, but traffic really isnt an excuse to be late for something in life. Get up earlier.

And yeah, this town wasnt built or designed for as many people as are here, its miserable, but not really the BOR fault.

Bruh, you need to live closer to your job.
Ragnar Danneskjoldd
AG
truth. Kingwood - Rice Village

job didnt pay enough to live close to work
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.