Ronda Rousey fights again tonight?

23,852 Views | 172 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Know Your Enemy
Motel California
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
I didn't know anything about this till just now. She's fighting an undefeated brazillian by the name of Bethe Correia.

Anyone watching this fight? Will this be the fight Rousey finally takes a loss in?
Truman2001
AG
Tomorrow night
Know Your Enemy
AG
Rousey lose? Lol. Last I saw Vegas had her at -1500. She's going to destroy that Brazilian *****.
Motel California
S
quote:
Rousey lose? Lol. Last I saw Vegas had her at -1500. She's going to destroy that Brazilian *****.

I think so too. But no one saw Tyson losing to a guy named Buster Douglas. She has a weakness like every fighter that every entered the ring. It's just a matter of time before it's exposed. Even in a Rousey win... Someone will finally get to her to some degree
30_Days
AG
quote:
quote:

I think so too. But no one saw Tyson losing to a guy named Buster Douglas. She has a weakness like every fighter that every entered the ring. It's just a matter of time before it's exposed. Even in a Rousey win... Someone will finally get to her to some degree
yep. The more she fights the more tape there is on her for opponents to study. Eventually somebody will figure something new out that she's not ready for.
Know Your Enemy
AG
Good luck with that. The only reason this fight will last more than a minute is because Correia talked **** about Ronda's dad committing suicide so Rousey is going to punish her for that.
Motel California
S
I think it would take a very patient, smart fighter with excellent striking skills. Needs a arm reach advantage too.

So far she's had a bunch of fighters just rush in on her which is the opposite of what they needed to do.
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
OH MAN I BET SHES GONNA ARM BAR THE **** OUT OF THE OTHER DYKE. SO PUMPED UP!!!!
Professor Frick
AG
She ain't no do nothing *****.
redd38
AG
I hope this fight lasts longer than a vine... is that too much to ask?
Post removed:
by user
30_Days
AG
quote:
Lol at the concept of competitors gathering and watching tape. There's only about 4 minutes worth of tape in her and her opponent is knocked the **** out for 90 seconds of it.
just makes it that much easier for them to watch those 2 and a half minutes a thousand times and pick it apart frame by frame.
Scotty Flamingo
Rousey was a huge Roddy Piper fan...she even uses the name Rowdy Ronda Rousey because of him....
752bro4
AG
Very few things are more WT than women fighting/watching women fight.
riverrataggie
AG
So did she win?
Professor Frick
AG
Tomorrow
Motel California
30_Days
AG
quote:
So did she win?
chipotle
Hasn't fought yet
Motel California
S
quote:
Hasn't fought yet

Who's fighting now and when does the Rousey fight start?
chipotle
Nogueira vs Struve up next. Still a few before Ronda.
Motel California
S
I just read that Sloth knocked him out
G.I.Bro
Thats a tall ass white dude
Buck O Five
AG
Wrecked
Know Your Enemy
AG
What did I tell you ****s?
Deputy Travis Junior
quote:
quote:

Tysons weaknesses were cocaine and complacency, not anything that Douglas discovered watching tape.

EDIT: I saw the highlights of this fight on ESPN and the differences between male and female boxing are astounding. Women punch sooo much slower than guys. A month or so ago we wondered if Rousey could take Mayweather. I still think she'd submit him pretty easily in a grappling match, but I think he'd wreck her **** while standing up and prevent it from going to the ground 99x out of 100. Basically, as long as he didn't do anything stupid during the stand-up part of the fight he'd win.
Texker
AG
Does she have any eligibility left cuz I'd put her on special teams any day.
Obi Wan Ginobili
I enjoy how the thread started with "I didn't even know she was fighting today!" to breaking down her fights and explaining how she has weaknesses.

Which is it? Are you a women's MMA expert or do you care so little you didn't know she was fighting?

I have a hard time believing you didn't watch ESPN or visit their website in the last week. It's been plastered all over. Just admit you like watching her destroy butch women like the rest of us.
CrottyKid
AG
Beat her at her own game.
Obi Wan Ginobili
She is fun to watch. That's all there is to it.

The only real way someone will beat her is if she meets a girl who has better/longer training AND is in better shape. I heard a good chunk of her story when she was on Howard Stern. Kicking people's ass is all she does.

She could also be best if she gets so cocky that she doesn't fight back and someone gets a lucky strike to her chin.
Obi Wan Ginobili
Obi Wan Ginobili
45-70Ag
AG
I have never watched an mma event or ufc event, I haven't watched boxing in a long time, probably since Holyfield was active.

None of it seems interesting, ESPN shows enough to inform me to the point I want to know about any of it.
TyHolden
AG
34 seconds of pure female terror there...is mayday next???
Thomas Sowell, PhD
AG
Alex, I'll take "Things You Experience Coming Home Late" for $200.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.