What Happened?

2,049 Views | 23 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Talon2DSO
HBCanine08
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
to the Vietnam vet thread?
chipotle
concealment of folks' true character

chiken
AG
Some tried looking cool by shaming others, then that backfired, then others starting acting like dillholes for S&G's and it was requested the thread be deleted. Apparently the request worked.

HTH GFYB TIA HYD
HBCanine08
AG
So basically a bunch of thin-skinned mofos taking internet bizness srsly?
chiken
AG
Sure, that.
HBCanine08
AG
Oh ok. Business as usual on the GB then.
chiken
AG
I don't know if this whole "you're too thin-skinned" or "too sensitive" argument has any merit.

What if someone really is a sensitive person? Should they never have an opinion or share an emotion? Should they really be discredited because of their sensitivity?

Why don't people take responsibility for hurting, angering, or insulting someone else? If that's not what they meant, say so and move on.
COOL LASER FALCON
Sticks and stones, chiken. If you let words affect you, it's on you.
bmc13
AG
f*** deletion. just lock the thread and move on.
Tanya 93
He wasn't fawned over by everyone and it went downhill from there.

HBCanine08
AG
quote:
I don't know if this whole "you're too thin-skinned" or "too sensitive" argument has any merit.

What if someone really is a sensitive person? Should they never have an opinion or share an emotion? Should they really be discredited because of their sensitivity?

Why don't people take responsibility for hurting, angering, or insulting someone else? If that's not what they meant, say so and move on.
Here's some advice: Quit taking everything on this message board to heart. This is the internet. This is the GB on TEXAGS.

If your feelings get hurt it's because you didn't ignore something and chose to let it bug you. Not anyone's job to issue a "trigger warning" for someone else's feelings.
chiken
AG
I wasn't talking about myself, just voicing some thoughts.
HBCanine08
AG
Me too. Just my dos centavos.
Human
AG
Charpiestaff showed up gunz blazing!
HBCanine08
AG
surprise, surprise.
Slicer97
AG
quote:

People need to get over it and quit being so sensitive. They'll have a much easier time in life if they do. As far as taking responsibility for hurting them, why should the offender feel responsible for what someone else feels? They can't control that.
GinaLinetti
AG
Feelings are your own. Giving someone else control over those feelings is a dangerous game that we, as humans, do all too often. We allow others to make us mad or sad or happy. It's human nature. We need to own them ourselves.

That being said, being hateful to others for ****s and giggles is pretty ****ty.
chiken
AG
I think people use the "you're too sensitive" phrase a lot as carte blanche to be a dick.

Oh, me calling your mom a two dollar trollup not good enough to lick the juice stains out of my jeans hurt your nancy feelings? Not my problem.
Tanya 93
quote:
I think people use the "you're too sensitive" phrase a lot as carte blanche to be a dick.

Oh, me calling your mom a two dollar trollup not good enough to lick the juice stains out of my jeans hurt your nancy feelings? Not my problem.
What kinda nasty girl has juice stains in her jeans?
HBCanine08
AG
Anybody saying anything you don't like is
Going to be a dick if you're sensitive
chiken
AG
It gets hot in Texas!
haircut
AG
Im here for the makeup sex
Slicer97
AG
quote:
Anybody saying anything you don't like is
Going to be a dick if you're sensitive

f'n A, dude, f'n A
COOL LASER FALCON
quote:

I mean, it's really not though. You just make a note that the person who said that is an ******* and move on.
Talon2DSO
AG
Stating an opinion that differs from everyone else's isn't being a dick.

The thread went away because there was too much honesty in it.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.