DeAndre Jordan

13,733 Views | 131 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by tbirdspur2010
GregZeppelin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
Ethics aren't about life and death. Thanks for proving my point about some Ags not knowing the difference between legal vs. ethics though.
Should I point out the number of Ags that don't know the difference between legalities and NBA rules compliance? The guy plays a game for a career. And he made a career move that was within the rules of his game. I agree that it was dick move, and that the rules should be changed to protect both players and teams in the future. But that's a criticism for the NBA for writing the rules in such a way as to specifically allow for situations like this to happen.

I liken this situation to John Elway's refusal to play for the Colts after they drafted him. It was a dick move because it robbed the Colts of their #1 pick, but totally within the rules of the game. The solution wasn't to crucify Elway for doing what was best for his career. It was to change the rules to protect teams in the future.
AgEng06
AG
quote:
I'm not saying what he did was ideal or something that should be celebrated, but I'm not going to rag on the guy because he had a change of heart and decided to stay with LA where the money is about the same but the chance for a ring is a lot greater.

Teams/Schools (college) **** all over the players and jerk them around and nobody bats an eye. When the player does it to the team, people get all bent out of shape. This is why I really don't feel bad for the Mavericks. I'm sure they've probably dicked over some players, and Cuban has probably dicked over some people to get where he is. In the end, DJ did what he felt was best for him and I can't fault him for it.
Can you at least agree it's ok to rag on him for not having the balls to answer the phone and tell Cuban what he planned to do?
Goose
AG
quote:
In the end, DJ did what he felt was best for him and I can't fault him for it.

That's just sad.

aTm2004
AG
I'll agree with you on that. Be a man and let the guy know.
aTm2004
AG
quote:
quote:
In the end, DJ did what he felt was best for him and I can't fault him for it.

That's just sad.

How so?
Furlock Bones
AG
DJ doing what is best for himself just like everyone else. Good Ag and good guy.
FOUR THIN INCHES
AG
Ags before Mavs, bros.
Spicy McHaggis
AG
This thread.

Goodfield Nohit
So what you're saying is that it's ok in your mind, that a grown man cannot be taken at his word.

I would assume this holds true for you as well.

GregZeppelin
AG
quote:
So what you're saying is that it's ok in your mind, that a grown man cannot be taken at his word.

I would assume this holds true for you as well.

I'm curious how you reach this conclusion.

If those of us who aren't interested in crucifying Deandre were to get our panties in a wad every time a an athlete backed out of a commitment, we would never be happy again.

Between college recruiting, NFL, NBA, NHL, and MLB, there's always someone reneging on a commitment somewhere. Sometimes it's a player, and sometimes it's the organization. That's the reality of the sports world we have today. That doesn't mean we condone his actions on a moral level. It's just that we understand this is how things go in the sports world.
aTm2004
AG
See above.
Ulrich
quote:
quote:
Ethics aren't about life and death. Thanks for proving my point about some Ags not knowing the difference between legal vs. ethics though.

I liken this situation to John Elway's refusal to play for the Colts after they drafted him. It was a dick move because it robbed the Colts of their #1 pick, but totally within the rules of the game. The solution wasn't to crucify Elway for doing what was best for his career. It was to change the rules to protect teams in the future.
That's a really bad analogy. Elway publicly stated prior to the draft that he would refuse to play for the Colts if they drafted him. He begged them not to plan on him joining their franchise.

If Elway had said before the draft that he was excited to join the Colts, then after being drafted refused to sign a contract, your analogy would be spot on. No written contract because it is literally not allowed, but giving the strongest indication allowed so that his future team would commit significant resources to him, then backing out when it's too late for the team to do anything. The other way your analogy would make sense is if DeAndre wouldn't even pick up the phone when Cuban tried to call him, but Cuban still held aside max money until DeAndre signed the offer sheet with the Clippers. That would be Cuban's fault for ignoring what the player wants, just like what the Colts did.

I would have no problem with DeAndre if he had strung out the decision making process even past signing day, I get mildly irritated when fans go bonkers because their free agent target takes more than 10 minutes to decide where he'll spend the next 3-5 years of his life and how much money he'll make. Really, I'm kind of happy that it happened to Cuban and the Mavericks because I don't like them. But you don't do this kind of thing and every NBA player and fan knows that. As I said before: if you don't know what you want to do, don't say you've committed.
tbirdspur2010
AG
My god mavfan is pissed itt.

Nor blaming 'em, but by jove imma keep enjoying it.
Goodfield Nohit
Oh I saw the above.

A bunch of people are excusing this ****ty person's behavior because he spent a zero.point.zero semester at A&M.

And then left.

And now, this "Aggie" cannot be taken for his word, any more than aTm2004 or Greg Zeppelin can.

mid90
AG
Are y'all still crowing about this? Someone should make a microsoft sam mixtape of all the butthurt.
Goodfield Nohit
shhhh...I'm trolling
Lungblood
Mark Cuban got jobbed by a late second round pick from an underachieving team with no history or culture of winning. Ha, ha.
GregZeppelin
AG
quote:
shhhh...I'm trolling
Yeah I kind of figured you were probably trolling us after I had typed out my last response. Too pointed. But Danny and Ac04 seem dead serious.

I bet they're the same nut jobs from the football boards who are still pissed that a 17 year old kid named Corey Nelson enrolled at OU instead of A&M a few years back.
GregZeppelin
AG
quote:
Mark Cuban got jobbed by a late second round pick from an underachieving team with no history or culture of winning. Ha, ha.
Good point.

Deandre be overachievin'.
Goodfield Nohit
Deandre apologized to Cuban.

He tweeted him, like any grown man would do.

DannyDuberstein
AG
Had his mom call Cuban. I wish i was joking.
Scotty Flamingo
Man who needs DeAndre? He wasn't there to teach Dirk how to shoot his first basket, but he learned.
And he got pretty good at it too.
Got through our first NBA finals loss without him.
We learned how to win.
We learned how to take losses
How to keep fighting.
We had several great seasons without him.
He never even sent us any congrats.
To hell with him! We didn't need him then and we don't need him now.
You know what? We're gonna get through this season without him.
Gonna get us another title without him.
Gonna find us a new center, have a bunch of blocks and be a better big man than he ever was!
We don't need him for that, because there ain't a thing he could ever teach us about how to shoot free throws!......
Scotty Flamingo
...how come he don't want us, man?
Spicy McHaggis
AG
It looks like some of you are moving into the fourth stage of grief. Keep your chins up, guys. Almost there!
Gigem Trevas
quote:
...how come he don't want us, man?

Cause you guys suck.
Scotty Flamingo
Trevas, you're too young to get that reference
aTm2004
AG
Shop Cubans face...

tbirdspur2010

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.