GB redditors, has this been discussed?

7,185 Views | 54 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by testosterbone
reb,
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Removing harassing subreddits

Either Pao goes or reddit could be the next Digg. It's sad for me to see this happen, because a lot of the credit towards getting SOPA killed belongs to reddit which was undeniably A Good Thing for the internet as a whole.
Eric Forman
AG
Don't care... I just read reddit for:

1) What people learned today
2) Funny gifs that are mostly unfunny
3) Occasional NSFW pic of boobies
bmc13
AG
dammit. FPH was actually funny
reb,
AG
well you'll have none of those things if it becomes a ghost town.
COOL LASER FALCON
Ragoo
AG
Thank god I don't reddit
Duncan Idaho
Shocking ignorance, entertaining hate and lol political crazies are the only things that keep me posting here or there (well reddit has boobs as well)

There are a few really good posters that don't fit that mold but they aren't entertaining enough or in great enough numbers to keep me interested.

reb,
AG
quote:
Thank god I don't reddit
One thing that keeps me going there is the good-natured snark and intelligent sense of humor that can be found in abundance. It is a stark contrast to the GB, where it is a perpetual race to the bottom as far as (lack of) wit and people trying to out-arsehole each other.
Ragoo
AG
quote:
quote:
Thank god I don't reddit
One thing that keeps me going there is the good-natured snark and intelligent sense of humor that can be found in abundance. It is a stark contrast to the GB, where it is a perpetual race to the bottom as far as (lack of) wit and people trying to out-arsehole each other.
do you also sleep outside to gain appreciation for the homeless?
reb,
AG
What if I said yes?
Ragoo
AG
bmc13
AG
what if he sleeps outside just to mess with the homeless? "that's right, got my house with a nice bed and roof but I choose to sleep on the ground"
Ragoo
AG
Like camping?
bmc13
AG
maybe. it all depends on intent. I camp but because I like the outside
Ragoo
AG
why do you do meth?
VinnyTAMU
AG
I will tell you which subreddit should be removed, spacedicks.

A word of warning for the curious, the above mentioned subreddit is EXTREMELY NSFW and has some of the most gruesome/masochist images I have ever seen. If you are tempted to go there do so with this warning.
HBCanine08
AG
Hotwife and hotwiferequests
AliasMan02
AG
Reddit is the ultimate example of the best and worst of the Internet. Rigging the contest to send Pitbull to perform at some timy Walmart in Alaska was hilarious. Buying pizza for a sick kid in the hospital was awesome. But some of those people... just absolutely vile and hateful.
GigEmAgs14
AG
quote:
Hotwife and hotwiferequests
pure gold
SECond2noneAgs
AG
Fat people hate was a fantastic subreddit. I'm just glad TexAgs doesn't censor its users.
Ryan34
AG
quote:
I will tell you which subreddit should be removed, spacedicks.

A word of warning for the curious, the above mentioned subreddit is EXTREMELY NSFW and has some of the most gruesome/masochist images I have ever seen. If you are tempted to go there do so with this warning.

Well I wasn't going to...
chipotle
So now the "omg, I already saw this on reddit" will be replaced by "omg, I already saw this on voat"?
reb,
AG
quote:
So now the "omg, I already saw this on reddit" will be replaced by "omg, I already saw this on voat"?
fo sho.

or hubski. i registered for that one too, might as well check out what people are fleeing too. Services I wouldn't have known about if not for this fiasco. I had no idea fatpeoplehate or any of those other ones existed either, FTR.
bmc13
AG
Post removed:
by user
superunknown
AG
Is it really destroying reddit if they are just banning subs that encourage doxxing? I know they're calling it harassment and all the edgy fedora neckbeards are freaking out but I can't blame reddit for cleaning up stuff like doxxing.

Im no SJW either. I believe in spacedicks and all the other weirdness. But doxxing is crossing the line.
superunknown
AG
Gd double post
superunknown
AG
Mf triple post
Ragoo
AG
quote:
Is it really destroying reddit if they are just banning subs that encourage doxxing? I know they're calling it harassment and all the edgy fedora neckbeards are freaking out but I can't blame reddit for cleaning up stuff like doxxing.

Im no SJW either. I believe in spacedicks and all the other weirdness. But doxxing is crossing the line.
is this a sexual act between two dudes with uncircumcised peens?
superunknown
AG
Spacedicks? It's just weird stuff thats mostly nsfw.
SECond2noneAgs
AG
quote:
quote:

is this a sexual act between two dudes with uncircumcised peens?

You're thinking of space-doxxing.
superunknown
AG
I assure you I am not.
reb,
AG
**** really hit the fan last night, the moderators of over 100 subs took their subs private out of protest because reddit fired their AMA coordinator out of the blue.

Reddit Is Tearing Itself Apart
testosterbone
AG
Al Bula
AG
I've tried to get into reddit but it is dumb to me.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.