Dads kissing baby on the lips

10,044 Views | 97 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Here4Beer
AccountantAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Weird or not weird?
suprafly03
AG
Not weird.

You must not be a father yet...

Unless it's more than just a peck of a kiss
AccountantAg
AG
I am actually haha. Have a 6 month old and the rib thinks I'm the weird one because I don't want to kiss him on the lips. Plenty on the cheeks though!
FOUR THIN INCHES
AG
Only weird if you use tongue.
Fonzie Scheme
AG
It's weird you're a father and are so insecure that you think kissing your own child on the lips is weird.
BeastmodeAg
AG
Not weird as long as you don't use tounge.
jetch17
AG
The rib
Eliminatus
AG
Ok I'll be the naysayer here.

It's weird. Really weird. But then again daddy never hugged me enough growing up. So I never grew up with any sort of affection or anything. So I'm probably wrong. But I think we can all agree it's wrong after a certain age. Like Belichick and his daughter at the superbowl.
tmaggie50
AG
Super F'en weird if any parent kisses their kid on the lips past the age of like 4.
suprafly03
AG
I only have daughters.

I agree that at a certain age it does become weird. My oldest is 4, and I still kiss her. But if she were a boy I think it would've stopped a while back.
riverrataggie
AG
Yeah that's weird. I have a 10 month old daughter and I don't do this. Kiss her on the cheek but that's it. I don't want her thinking its ok to go around kissing on the lips no matter how cute some people think it is.
Husky Boy Jr.
AG
I kiss my 5 year old boy on the lips. Is it weird for a father to show affection to his family? I guess ill just have to be weird.
Dad-O-Lot
AG
Weird doesn't necessarily mean bad.

It is becoming "weird" to have parents who are married to each other and have never been divorced.

It's "weird" for a child to have a Stay-At-Home Mom.

It's "weird" to try to remain chaste until marriage.

There is a lot that used to be normal that has now become "weird" and much that used to be considered "weird" is now considered completely normal.

My great-grandparents showed great affection for their children and my great-uncles would still greet each other with a kiss even after they were adults. (led to a few barfights in the 50s I'm told)

Of course, these were quick pecks and not, "Oh, so that's how it is in that family".
riverrataggie
AG
quote:
I kiss my 5 year old boy on the lips. Is it weird for a father to show affection to his family? I guess ill just have to be weird.

Two questions there... Is it weird to show affection to your children? No.

Is it weird to kiss your kids on the lips? Yes.

There are other ways to show nurturing and affection then by kissing children on the lips.
Tanya 93
These poor kids who have parents that think it is weird to kiss them on the lips.
BSD
AG
quote:
The rib

I refer to mine as the slit.
CrazyAgE
All of this doesn't even matter. There is no right or wrong answer. You want to kiss your child on the lips, then so be it. If you don't, that's fine too.
Bruce Almighty
AG
To those that think it's weird, why?
FOUR THIN INCHES
AG
quote:

Because it is gay.
aglaohfour
AG
I have friends of various nationalities who kiss parents/siblings on the lips, and I don't think its weird. But in our family, only babies and toddlers get lip kisses. The older kids only get kisses on the cheeks or forehead. I would actually find it weird if my husband was still kissing his 9 year-old on the lips.

In any case, as long as your kid knows that you love him, I don't think it matters.
FOUR THIN INCHES
AG
Unless it is a baby girl.
Bruce Almighty
AG
quote:
quote:

Because it is gay.

Why is it gay?
FOUR THIN INCHES
AG
I said unless it is a baby girl.
FOUR THIN INCHES
AG
Because two guys kissing each other on the lips is gay.
Bruce Almighty
AG
quote:

Really? So there's something sexual when a father kisses his son? Would you have the same issue with a mother and a daughter?
FriendlyAg
23... I don't live at home, have a career, friends, and am very independent. My family is all from Texas. I still kiss my mother on the lips and sometimes my grandmothers. I would never kiss my dad, except maybe on the cheek before he passed away, but we usually just shake hands.

I had this discuss at work. About half of the grown men, from Texas still kiss their mother on the lips, some guys from out of state thought that was weird. I have never thought it was weird.
riverrataggie
AG
quote:
quote:

Really? So there's something sexual when a father kisses his son? Would you have the same issue with a mother and a daughter?

Is their hair long or short?
FOUR THIN INCHES
AG
quote:
quote:

It's ok for chicks to do it, I have no problem with that. It is just weird when guys do.
UndergroundAg
quote:
quote:

He already said unless it is a baby girl.
Bruce Almighty
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

It's ok for chicks to do it, I have no problem with that. It is just weird when guys do.

Then the problem seems to be with your own insecurity.
FOUR THIN INCHES
AG
If you want to kiss guys, go ahead, that is your business. I personally think it is weird, so I don't do it.
Bruce Almighty
AG
I don't kiss guys, but you said it yourself that a father kissing his son is gay but a mother kissing her daughter is not. That tells me that you are equating a parent kissing their kid as some kind of sexual behavior.
riverrataggie
AG
quote:
If you want to kiss guys, go ahead, that is your business. I personally think it is weird, so I don't do it.

Agreed. Why does this warrant FTI to be insecure?
FOUR THIN INCHES
AG
You're the only one bringing sex into this. I just said it was gay.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.