Bringing beer on a carnival cruise

3,552 Views | 33 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by anaggieshusband
45-70Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Can't find a definitive answer online if it's allowable and if so, what amount may be brought on?

Anyone ever bring beer on or is it just not worth messing with?
Geralt of Rivia
S
You can bring 2 bottles of wine per person. So you fill a wine bottle with liquor, and then cork it
Geralt of Rivia
S
I may just be one bottle, but I think it is two
onceaggie
AG
Not gonna happen they x ray your bags..

ballchain
histag10
AG
2 things

1. You will need something stronger than beer to survive a carnival cruise
2. Why carnival?

Answer to your question- no. You cannot get beer through customs and onto the ship
TRIDENT
AG
They sell a version of the rum runner at Academy called a Platypus. It has worked for me on Carnival out of G-town.
LostInLA07
AG
You'll get a definitive answer when you try to bring beer onto the ship.
jetch17
AG
Not worth trying
Geralt of Rivia
S
Apparently it is one bottle of wine or champagne per person, so put liquor in the bottle and cork it

http://www.carnival.com/CMS/FAQs/Liquor_and_Beverage_Consumption_Policy.aspx
45-70Ag
AG
quote:
2 things

1. You will need something stronger than beer to survive a carnival cruise
2. Why carnival?

Answer to your question- no. You cannot get beer through customs and onto the ship

I've never been on a cruise before so knowing what lines to avoid I didn't know about although this seemed to have decent reviews.

My wife has been on a couple of cruises but this is my first time so I'm curious to see how it goes.
I Play With Guns
S
What a terrible vacation.

Beer sucks ass.
Cruises suck ass.
45-70Ag
AG
Im ready to try it and see how it goes.
Geralt of Rivia
S
I have been on 3 carnival cruises and have enjoyed them. If you want beer, buy a fosters because it comes in the big can and is one of the cheaper ones on the ship
Geralt of Rivia
S
For the 2012 ncaa title game between lsu and bama I was in the hot tub of a carnival cruise ship getting drunk...it was a good time
LostInLA07
AG
The Royal Caribbean cruise out of Ft Lauderdale on the Allure of the Seas was awesome. 1000x better than any cruise I've ever been on.

I will say that Carnival out of Galveston is nice for the convenience of being able to drive.

Which ship is sailing out of Galveston these days?
Ragoo
AG
quote:
What a terrible vacation.

Beer sucks ass.
Cruises suck ass.

A) no longer hot
B) as with anything, depends on the company you keep.
45-70Ag
AG
We will leave from New Orleans
Garrelli 5000
AG
Went on my only cruise in 2001 on Carnival out of Galveston. I was 25 and single, but went with a group of 30 that that was all Aggie friends from college and some of their girlfriends/spouses. There were quite a few of us that were single.

It was a blast, but then again we were 25ish and with 30 friends.

At the time we filled large water bottles with liquor and checked them. The only persons busted were those that did the same but took the bags with alcohol through security as their carry-on. Those were searched, found, and removed (the alcohol, not the bags or owners).
Ginormus Ag
AG
I believe you can bring 1 12 pack of soda per person. Buy a 12 pack, cut open folded end, empty sodas, fill with beer of choice, glue folded end shut. I don't know what you will do 30 minutes after you leave the dock.

I don't know if this will work, just an idea.
ballchain
Zemira
AG
quote:
I believe you can bring 1 12 pack of soda per person. Buy a 12 pack, cut open folded end, empty sodas, fill with beer of choice, glue folded end shut. I don't know what you will do 30 minutes after you leave the dock.

I don't know if this will work, just an idea.

They will open the cases of soda to make sure they are all cans of soda.
philiah06
AG
Never had a problem with Rum Runners....as someone hasmentioned previously. Been on two cruises recently and got the Rum Runners though fine. Buy the endless soda option and mix whatever you want. The Italian Ice Teas are the best bang (most liquor) for your buck if you buy a drink on Carival.
space_treadmill
AG
When I went last fall, they shook the water bottles to see if bubbles formed to see if they were full of liquor.
Eugene4x
AG
1. Buy the unlimited (15/day) alcohol drink pass
2. Drink 8 or more drinks per day (break even point)
3. ???????
4. PROFIT!
DwightSchrute
AG
1) You can carry a bottle of wine per person, like someone said, fill it with booze and reseal. A screw on wine bottle works great obviously.

2) You can try to carry 2 each through, but you might get dinged. It's not a crime, so don't get all worried about that, but be prepared to say "oh gosh, i'm sorry, guess we'll throw it away". We did this once and walked through, but that time they were really lax.

3) When you go through for embarkation, they xray your bags and will say "take this to the table over there" where they'll check your bottles. Sometimes they'll just look, other times the person there will actually check the caps. This is all 2nd hand knowledge b/c the rib and I just cruise right past and pretend we didn't hear. We've never once stopped at the table. If they ever stop us, we'll be like "oh, sorry, we didn't understand"

4) You can try putting a bottle in your checked bag. We do this every time and typically it works 75%. Sometimes both make it through, other times only 1 does. The one that doesn't, you can pick up on the last day of the cruise.

5) bring a pack of water on board and reseal caps with these: http://www.amazon.com/Alcohol-Caps-Reseal-Bottle-Perfectly/dp/B008AZJAVM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1432479658&sr=8-1&keywords=cruise+water+caps

6) when you get to port of call, bring a big water bottle, buy a bottle of rum or vodka, fill up bottle, carry it back on board. Hell, you could probably just carry a liquor bottle on, they x-ray bags but it's like an honor system to actually stop at the table. Only problem here is disposing of the liquor bottle b/c the stateroom stewards are supposed to confiscate it if they see it.

DwightSchrute
AG
oh yea, seriously. don't waste time bringing beer.

you can also bring soft drinks along with your allotted bottle of "wine", so just bring along whatever you want to mix with.
combat wombat™
AG
quote:
3. ???????
4. PROFIT!

Wait. College-educated people with jobs are found am if these things to get out of paying less than $15 power day for drinks (got would save 15 - the cost of snuggles liquor).

Lol poors.
45-70Ag
AG
quote:
quote:
3. ???????
4. PROFIT!

Wait. College-educated people with jobs are found am if these things to get out of paying less than $15 power day for drinks (got would save 15 - the cost of snuggles liquor).

Lol poors.

A college educated person typed this.
GreasenUSA
AG
quote:
quote:
3. ???????
4. PROFIT!

Lol poors.
combat wombat™
AG
I swear. I need to stop using my phone to post.
combat wombat™
AG
quote:
quote:
3. ???????
4. PROFIT!

Wait. College-educated people with jobs are doing all of these things to get out of paying less than $15 per day for drinks? (Would save $15 - the cost of smuggled liquor).

Lol poors.

What my post should have said.
Thomas Sowell, PhD
AG
Do a 7 day detox before the cruise and don't bring alcohol.
saber69
AG
quote:
Do a 7 day detox before the cruise and don't bring alcohol.
What fun is there in doing that ?
anaggieshusband
You put the beer in the checked bags, not the carry on. Carnival is OK when you take a 7+ day cruise...the 3-4 day cruises (cheaper) are a little more trashy
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.