Have any of you youngsters ever actually smelled moth ball?

2,447 Views | 16 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by DannyDuberstein
Thomas Sowell, PhD
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Thomas Sowell, PhD
AG
Have you ever smelled moth balls?
Lex
It's terrible. People use to buy them at HEB. Ugh. You could smell it coming to you and as it left, worse linger than most farts.
Thomas Sowell, PhD
AG
Lex, how did you get their little legs apart?

Ba boom!
giddings_ag_06
AG
Love it. Reminds me of our ranch.
Motel California
S
Grandma's
BackwardsInBoots
AG
Yes. At grandma's house.
coupland boy
AG
quote:
Yes. At grandma's house.

Yep
combat wombat™
AG
We once looked at a house that we liked a lot but couldn't get passed the mothball smell. Turns out the owners were Brits... and they tend to use mothballs a lot. It hit you like a ton of bricks, you just could NOT get away from it.
Cromagnum
AG
If you smell mothballs but didn't buy mothballs, congrats....you have termites.
Psych
AG
Science fairs reeked of them.
Kate Beckett
AG
I have.
The Wonderer
AG
NA's mom
AggieAces06
AG
Bad joke aside, yes I did all the time when I worked at Walgreens. Not the best smell in the world, but far from the worst I smelled while working there.
Dr. Faustus
AG
I have, and I haven't.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Here's a tip - if you have clothes that smell like mothballs, don't wear them until you get the smell out.

Thanks in advance.
Smithjg
Honest to God answer here.... In 1995 at the t.u. Game, the game in which the CTs "redirected" the tsips off the field as the announcer kept saying over and over and over again to not run onto the field.

For anyone that doesn't know, the Ags had beaten tu several years in a row, when they came into KYLE in 95. At the end of the game, with the sips leading, they started pouring over the horseshoe wall onto the track. There were a few cops on the field, but the Orange bunch was dead set on storming KYLE field. There was a rumor around campus earlier in the week, that the sips we're going to storm the field and tear down the goalposts after they won. i had a close friend there at the time that tells me the rumor was going around.

The announcer kept making the announcement and it quickly became obvious the cops had lost control of the situation. Seemingly all at once, the Corps of Cadets stood up and walked out to back up the cops. More and more of the Orange pukes poured over the wall. As they ran through the police lines, several CTs would tackle them, then drag them over to the cops, who would drag them off. Not one of our finer moments, but it was funny as hell to watch!

So anyway, back to the OP... The tsip sitting next to my buddy must have taken his Fugly orange shirt out of storage, because it had a horrible mothball smelll.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Had a great view of that from the north end of the eastside 2nd deck. My senior year and the first time I'd ever heard the 12th Man Song, which we had to dust out of mothballs.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.