Remember 'womyn'

2 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Mucho austin
TheHappyCouch-potato
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Remember when the word 'women' was going to be replaced with the word 'womyn'? I don't know quite when it fizzled. You used to see it on pretty regular occasions if you read the right Usenet groups in the early 1990s. It came about because the word women was based on the word men giving women a clearly unequal status in society.

Well, enough is enough. Women, no womyn have waited far too long for an end to this injustice. I am here tonight to fight for these womyn. I am here on behalf of all caring and thinking men to finally make things right!

A simple changing of the word in American dictionaries would be 20+ years too late and another example of this nation finally seeing the light that we should have seen way back in the 20th century.

I mentioned earlier that I am here tonight to fight for womyn. I am also here tonight to make the United States a leader! I propose the outright removal of the letter 'e' (along with its capital form 'E') from the Roman alphabet as used in our country and call for its replacement in all instances with the letter 'y'. Every time I see the word 'Myn' on the door at a restaurant, I will think about what I have done. Rather, I will think about what I havy dony.

It is timy to organizy. Someony start a changy.org pytition!

Aggiys lyad Amyrica. Amyrica lyads thy world!
hillcountryag86
AG
Good grief, womyn. What in the hell are you trying to say?
45-70Ag
AG
WGAS

TL/DR
Slicer97
AG
stfu an' go make me a sammich

this is all "womyn" need to know to be "complete"
TheHappyCouch-potato
To kyyp using 'e' is misogny!
AliasMan02
AG
Felt like this would be a good thread, huh?
Beer Baron
AG
You should totally post more.
TheHappyCouch-potato
So, I am absolutely baked off of my ass tonight (girl scout cookies, if you're curious) and hear a 10,000 Maniacs song reminding me of a couple of chicks I knew back in the day who were into the word 'womyn' amongst their other feminist ideals. I thought "Hadn't heard that word in a while, won't this make a fun post?"

Until AliasMan, I don't think anyone even read it. I was completely couch locked when I typed it. How f***ing lazy does that make you?

Oh, and now you dolts are going to collectively pile on and apparently hurt my feelings?!?

Post removed:
by user
Professor Frick
AG
You know what's weird? We change the a and the e in woman and women, but the sound that we change when saying these words is in the first vowel (wUman, wIman).
COOL LASER FALCON
wooooooooaaaaahhhhhh man

AggieDarlin
AG
I like you, CLF. Good post.
COOL LASER FALCON
Satellite of Love
http://www.reddit.com/r/TumblrInAction

You are welcome.
Mucho austin
AG
Is womyn used for both women and woman?

If not, which is it replacing and what will be the other?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.