To the coward

23,099 Views | 147 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by HossAg
Charpie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Look you insuferable jerk...take your know it all attitude someplace else. What anyone would ask for is common courtesy. Why not try to have some yourself and keep your negative comments to yourself?
GigEmBevo
My local animal shelter suggests calling 911 if you need animal control urgently.
Natasha Romanoff
Yeah. Even if you look at a dog as no more than someone's property, you still damaged someone's property. Would you call 911 if you hit someone's car? Even if not 911, you would notify someone unless you were an ******* who thinks a hit and run is acceptable behavior.
Sea Gull
AG
Not nearly as tough as you for wishing Lou Gehrig's disease on someone
Natasha Romanoff
Bottom line - it's not that hard to be a decent human being if you actually want to be.
HossAg
AG
It's funny how many people think its cool to take on the inhumane tough guy roll in these situations.
reb,
AG
Exactly 3 hours and 18 minutes before the troll post was made, I sent an email to staff saying that it was probably time to lock this thread.

It's run its course.

Ignore the fools.

And I'm so very grateful to the kindness yall have shown. I know it is not really anything to do with me, it has everything to do with what happened on Friday and how folks have identified with that. All the same, the outpouring on this thread and through various other channels has given me a soft landing place. I've really needed it. But there's no reason to take up more of anyone's time and the space at the top of page 1. I would rather it stay clean and sink down into the archives.

It's hard for me to really explain it but since he died, all I have wanted to do is try and tell Dewey's story. I feel like I owe him that. That kid who adopted a little basset puppy in 2006 was a punk who carelessly treated everything and everyone like garbage. I don't really know much about how other people always seemed to have things together, but I didn't. But somehow this dog got through to me, and for the first time in my life i took ownership of an obligation, which was to make sure he had the healthiest and happiest life possible. In the OP I said I forgave the person who ran him over and left him there in the street, and I was not being facetious. I know what its like to be a low class loser who desperately needed forgiveness and redemption. Whoever it was is a coward, but I can't say that like I never would have done the exact same thing once upon a time. Think I haven't done far worse?

I don't have to live like that anymore though. He was the best dog. Saved my damn worthless life. And god I miss him.

Thats as real as I'm ever gonna get with you, Texags. Staff, please lock it up.

Geralt of Rivia
S
Beautiful dog. RIP Dewey
HossAg
AG
Well said Reb. RIP Dewey.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.