Just gonna drop this story right here...

8,730 Views | 46 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Tobias Funke
splits
How long do you want to ignore this user?
So a friend of mine is having trouble with their new cable/internet company... They moved into a house the last week of February, and the cable company left their outside Internet cable unburied and laying on the ground from their backyard, across the alley to the green box.

They've scheduled the cable company to come out and bury the cable 6 times, they went to the city to see if the city could help put pressure on the cable company and the city said they had already started issuing daily fines.

Well tonight, one of the neighbors came by and ripped their cable out of the green box and threw it in their driveway. So the wife called the cable company and they said they'd send someone out tuesday. Husband is on call 24/7 for a security company and needs the Internet for his job.

So the husband went down the alley tonight and disconnected everyone's internet in an attempt to solicit the attention of the cable company....

Submitted without comment...
Beer Baron
AG
White people.
45-70Ag
AG
No idea what to say other than...........yeah I can't think of anything.
Mr. White
What color was the wife's underwear?
The wife's box is green? She may want to see a doctor about that.
Mr. White
Oh my lawd, that gives me the horribles.
TecRecAg
AG
Well, If there was ever a first world problem.. This is it.
runontexas
AG
Damn shame
Beer Baron
AG
quote:
Well, If there was ever a first world problem.. This is it.I
I for one can't believe they made a movie about that beech Anne Frank when a story like this hasn't been told yet.
Post removed:
by user
FriendlyAg
Double wide or triple?
Drawkcab
The neighbor who pulled their cable initially sounds like a real *******.
toucan82
hi splits
bmc13
AG
quote:
So the husband went down the alley tonight and disconnected everyone's internet in an attempt to solicit the attention of the cable company....

f***in a after that deepsheet neighbor
reb,
AG
which cable company?
splits
Hi toucan.

This is a nice suburb, definitely not a trailer park.

Reb, I'll fb you
Motel California
S
MY CABLE IS OUT!
marble rye
AG
Shoulda let me know. I'd bury cable anytime. /TA male
Goodfield Nohit
Husband is a dumbass for not having internet backup. Your phong can be a wifi internet hotspot if you aren't a lolpoor.
Eliminatus
AG
Is no one gonna ask why the hell the neighbors did that? Just seems so random to me. Unless it is part of an ongoing war or something
Goodfield Nohit
quote:
They've scheduled the cable company to come out and bury the cable 6 times, they went to the city to see if the city could help put pressure on the cable company and the city said they had already started issuing daily fines.

They went all the way to Mount Pilot?
DustysLineup
AG
quote:
Is no one gonna ask why the hell the neighbors did that? Just seems so random to me. Unless it is part of an ongoing war or something

There's no war like an alley war.
reb,
AG
quote:
Husband is a dumbass for not having internet backup. Your phong can be a wifi internet hotspot if you aren't a lolpoor.
what would you suggest to this poor bastage

New homeowner selling house because he can't get Comcast Internet
Goodfield Nohit
Believe it or not, there are places in this world where you don't have a cable buried in the ground, and yet you still get all the ones AND the zeros in real time.
reb,
AG
brah, mobile is not a replacement for wireline broadband, and you know this
splits
I don't know why the neighbor yanked the cord... Except for the fact its been laying across the alley for 2 months and they probably got tired of driving/walking over it?

Again, not the homeowner's fault the cable wasn't buried. They made attempts.

I forgot to mention that whoever yanked the cord actually broke the connector so they couldn't just reconnect it themselves.
reb,
AG
well they COULD fasten a new RJ45 connector on there

but they shouldnt have to.

this is a situation that is destined to grow dumber, and I hope you will continue to post updates.
Drawkcab
quote:
I don't know why the neighbor yanked the cord... Except for the fact its been laying across the alley for 2 months and they probably got tired of driving/walking over it

How could you get tired of such a thing. I mean, who gives a damn? What are those cables, 1/4 inch thick at the most?
agdoc2001
AG
quote:
quote:
I don't know why the neighbor yanked the cord... Except for the fact its been laying across the alley for 2 months and they probably got tired of driving/walking over it

How could you get tired of such a thing. I mean, who gives a damn? What are those cables, 1/4 inch thick at the most?

You must not be a homeowner. One day you'll learn that the most important part of owning a home is scrutinizing the things your neighbors do and becoming disproportionately enraged by all of them.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
bmc13
AG
I had a similar thing happen once, except it was the neighbor's dog that decided he didn't like my internet and shredded the cable in his part of the yard. I managed to get the cable guy to bury at least that part of the cable by hand. the crew never came around to bury the rest of it that was in my yard.
lotsofhp
AG
I feel for the OP's friend. In my neighborhood Time Warner has orange cables just laid on top of the ground all over the place. When did they go to a system where one guy comes out and instals the cable and then someone else is supposed to come back and bury it? Because... they never come back and bury it. Looks like some border town... Pisses me off. I've though about cutting them all too but controlled myself.
45-70Ag
AG
Time warner buried ours once I called to cancel.

For some reason that worked. They could have just said oh well and I would have been in the same position.
lotsofhp
AG
And then when they do bury it, they bury it like 1/8" deep. It just comes right back up. It went through one of my flower beds and they just kind of nestled it down into the mulch a little bit.
splits
Ftr, I've texted the wife twice today asking for updates and so far nothing...
splits
Update - Internet was restored, but the cable is still not buried
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.