Prayer vigil for Blue Bell ... Come and take it?

15,929 Views | 91 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by superunknown
Ryan the Temp
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
WTF?!?

There is going to be a prayer vigil for Blue Bell tomorrow, complete with friggin' yard signs. And speaking of yard signs, when did Blue Bell become part of the Tea Party movement?

I hate to break it to you folks, but Blue Bell did this to themselves. I guess that's where the Tea Party comes in ... all that damn government over-regulation with those pesky health codes and such.
UndergroundAg
Where can I get one of the come and take it sign?!
Ryan the Temp
AG
quote:
Where can I get one of the come and take it sign?!
My guess is at the Brenham plant tomorrow.
bmc13
AG
a sign would be fun to have but holy carp crazy people! where are their priorities!?!

bmc13
AG
as a side note....blue bell probably decided to do the full recall last Sunday.....and since last Sunday we're on a four game SEC losing streak in baseball, starting at our very own blue bell park.
TXAGFAN
AG
I can't believe the loyalty people have for Blue Bell, it's hysterical. I love blue bell, but they did make some mistakes.
ABATTBQ11
AG
quote:
WTF?!?

There is going to be a prayer vigil for Blue Bell tomorrow, complete with friggin' yard signs. And speaking of yard signs, when did Blue Bell become part of the Tea Party movement?

I hate to break it to you folks, but Blue Bell did this to themselves. I guess that's where the Tea Party comes in ... all that damn government over-regulation with those pesky health codes and such.

WTF does the Tea Party have to with this? Just because they have, "Come and Take It," signs? Do you think Brenham is nothing but undereducated, "bitter clinger" rednecks stuck in the past, or do you think all people not from a big city like Houston are?

God forbid people think freely and reappropriate a historical coloquialism/symbol for a modern and current statement and you not feel the need to ***** about it on TexAgs because it's too deep for you.
shano0603
AG
Can pick up your own sign at Gallery Furniture
45-70Ag
AG
quote:
quote:
WTF?!?

WTF does the Tea Party have to with this? Just because they have, "Come and Take It," signs? Do you think Brenham is nothing but undereducated, "bitter clinger" rednecks stuck in the past, or do you think all people not from a big city like Houston are?

God forbid people think freely and reappropriate a historical coloquialism/symbol for a modern and current statement and you not feel the need to ***** about it on TexAgs because it's too deep for you.

The liberal way.................maybe Sheila Jackson lee will show up in Brenham with quanell x and denounce blue bell as a racist organization.
Tony Tedeschi
Is it really that weird to you that a town would organize a rally or prayer vigil to support a business that has employed a large part of the town for decades?

I understand ultra libs like you HATE succesful private business, but mistake or not, Blue Bell is very impactful for many in the region, including our university. Why do you care if some choose to pray over the situation?
GarlandAg2012
AG
I don't really get the message here...are people not wanting to give up their bluebell even with the health concerns? That's pretty damn ignorant. It's not going away forever, they're just getting everything sanitized then will be back at it.
Sweet Clementine
AG
quote:
I don't really get the message here...are people not wanting to give up their bluebell even with the health concerns? That's pretty damn ignorant. It's not going away forever, they're just getting everything sanitized then will be back at it.

This. No one is taking your precious ice cream, the company recalled it due to safety. It will be back in stores in 3 weeks or so. But if you want to eat it now and catch listeria, go right ahead. Natural selection at its finest.
DustysLineup
AG
It's not about people having to give up their favorite ice cream, it's about the economic importance of Blue Bell to Brenham.

TV news stations have been doing interviews with local business people and chamber of commerce folks in Brenham who appear genuinely concerned. They've been doing everything they can think of to show support for Blue Bell.
AgKJ
AG
I took the 'Come And Take It' signs as being directed towards the lysteria virus, in a tongue-in-cheek way.

The fact that the OP sees it as some evil Tea Party anti-OSHA political thing is pathetic.
45-70Ag
AG
Maybe a cop will shoot a young black man in the back while eating blue bell so the op feels better.
PrincessButtercup
AG
quote:
It's not about people having to give up their favorite ice cream, it's about the economic importance of Blue Bell to Brenham.

TV news stations have been doing interviews with local business people and chamber of commerce folks in Brenham who appear genuinely concerned. They've been doing everything they can think of to show support for Blue Bell.

This. Good lord people, it isn't political or insane people who are shaking without their ice cream. Brenham is known for one thing- BlueBell. And it going through this mess affects a lot of people's livelihood there. Brenham is just supporting its little workhorse.
PrincessButtercup
AG
quote:
If all those yokels praying for Blue Bell would say, pick up a bottle of bleach and a sponge and get to work cleaning up, problem solved. Instead....yeah just pray it away. Great plan.

They've already initiated the cleaning process. Pretty sure everyone grabbing a sponge and bleach isn't going to fix the problem.
GarlandAg2012
AG
I get that it can affect the town, and I'm glad that the media campaign seems to be working - I fully expect sales to be through the roof once they get it back together. It's just the "Come and Take It" sign that really rubs me the wrong way. No one is taking Blue Bell away, they recalled it. There is no Mexican Army in this situation...
45-70Ag
AG
The come and take it thing appears on more dumb ass things in this state than it ever should.

Half of this state has an orgasm for those words and needlessly misapply it to many things.
PrincessButtercup
AG
quote:
I get that it can affect the town, and I'm glad that the media campaign seems to be working - I fully expect sales to be through the roof once they get it back together. It's just the "Come and Take It" sign that really rubs me the wrong way. No one is taking Blue Bell away, they recalled it. There is no Mexican Army in this situation...

I just don't see the signs in that way. Blue Bell seems to have made the signs, and it's not like there is any confusion in what happened. They have done really well taking accountability for the situation. You might just have to be from Brenham to understand. I don't even like ice cream, but Blue Bell sponsors a lot of things and gives out scholarships to the community...all this is is show of support for a company that has done a ton for the area.
95_Aggie
AG
Maybe folks should pray for the people who were sickened or died from listeria instead.
Spicy McHaggis
AG
quote:
I took the 'Come And Take It' signs as being directed towards the lysteria virus, in a tongue-in-cheek way.

The fact that the OP sees it as some evil Tea Party anti-OSHA political thing is pathetic.
This. The Come and Take It signs are probably just being used as a humorous attempt at a rallying cry of support for the community, company, and the best damned ice cream on the planet. Bottom line is that it's a joke, people. And I, for one, think it's hilarious.
haircut
AG
Surely there isn't some blind hatred for some folks we don't know, from a small town, close to A&M. Won't somebody please think of the atheists?
512Ag
AG
Come and Take It has become the Texas version Keep Calm and Carry On. Yes, 2nd Amendment rights folks use it (appropriately, I might add), but so do other groups -- some for fun, some for political activism. I'm thinking this one is more tongue in cheek than political.

And my personal favorite:
KatyAg01
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

The liberal way.................maybe Sheila Jackson lee will show up in Brenham with quanell x and denounce blue bell as a racist organization.
SJL will show up if the chocolate products were disproportionately affected in comparison to the vanilla offerings. Or if you promise her that news crews will be there. That beitch loves her some camera time.
FriendlyAg
This thread is so ducking dumb
CrossBowAg99
AG
Dumbest OP I have read in a very long time
HBCanine08
AG
My favorite "Come and Take It" banner was the one hung outside dorm 6 by some of my upperclassmen. The Commandant said we couldn't wear corps brass because some mommy called the governors office after seeing her kid do push ups. Yup. That really happened
DustysLineup
AG
quote:
Come and Take It has become the Texas version Keep Calm and Carry On. Yes, 2nd Amendment rights folks use it (appropriately, I might add), but so do other groups -- some for fun, some for political activism. I'm thinking this one is more tongue in cheek than political.

Not to mention the whole "Washington on the Brazos" and "Birthplace of Texas" thing. Brenham likes its Texas history and imagery.

And as I figured, the vigil is being organized by the Chamber of Commerce and some churches, not the creamery (at least not directly):

quote:
Several public displays of support for embattled Blue Bell Creameries are planned, including a prayer vigil Saturday at the courthouse square.
The vigil, scheduled for 10:30 a.m., is being hosted by Faith Mission, the Washington County Chamber of Commerce and pastors from around the county.

http://www.brenhambanner.com/news/community-rallying-behind-blue-bell/article_148738c8-da09-5c66-a9e6-cb7392b50d43.html

And here's a good article on the local community's reaction: http://www.dallasnews.com/news/state/headlines/20150424-with-blue-bell-in-crisis-brenham-keeps-the-faith.ece
Spicy McHaggis
AG
Dammit. Now I want some Blue Bell.

Thanks a lot, OP.
nomadic_ag
AG
Long live Banana Split.
jetch17
AG
Praying for ice cream
Beer Baron
AG
There is not one thing about this thread that isn't an absolute abortion.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
Well, this thread certainly didnt turn out too well for the OP.

What a dumbass.
BlackGoldAg2011
AG
Can we all stop and take a minute to acknowledge that This "outbreak" amounts to 10 cases that spread across 5 years... Any other disease with that occurrence rate would be considered cured
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.