35 Most Powerful Militaries. What do you think about the numbers?

7,288 Views | 43 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by agnuke14
Amazing Moves
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Are they correct etc.?

HossAg
AG
Lol @ north korea
Slicer97
AG
I think preseason rankings are pretty meaningless. You need to get closer to the end of the war to see which countries will make the playoffs.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Why does Russia have more nukes and tanks than us?

And we should really build a few more subs just to pass NK.
Slicer97
AG
I do think it's impressive that we own 45% of the world's aircraft carriers though.
Post removed:
by user
Claude!
That last sentence is pretty important. "Quality of equipment, training, and professionalism of each military is not taken into account."
Amazing Moves
quote:

And we should really build a few more subs just to pass NK.
Obama
COOL LASER FALCON
145,000,000 people in the US military? Almost half the country? Is that the number of people who would be draft eligible? Even then, seems way too high.
toucan82
who needs tanks and ****? We've got Darryl Dixon
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
quote:
145,000,000 people in the US military? Almost half the country? Is that the number of people who would be draft eligible? Even then, seems way too high.
Probably the same with China and India, cause those numbers are ridic.
AggieIce
AG
Nm
MGS
quote:
I do think it's impressive that we own 45% of the world's aircraft carriers though.

It would be a higher percentage if they counted the LHA/LHDs
Atreides Ornithopter
AG
According to this site

http://www.infoplease.com/us/census/data/demographic.html

the total pop between 18 and 62 is around 168 million.

And this is the 2000 census.
superunknown
AG
I bet 76 of the 78 North Korean subs are upside down bathtubs and the other two are Chinese/Russian beaters from WWII.
lexofer
AG
quote:

Even more impressive when you look at the number of Nimitz class carriers compared to the rest of the worlds large carriers.
rami182rami
AG
So we've jumped from spending the same as the next 10 countries combined to now the next 16 countries combined.
EFE
AG
NK has 78 subs?

Sounds like they're covered in seamen.
agnerd
AG
quote:
Nukes prevent the US from attacking because they could always just blow up the entire world (or US) if they wanted. Tanks are very effective at quelling uprisings and exerting influence over former territories like Georgia and Ukraine. And their land area is so big that it takes a lot a machinery to cover it all. Outside of influencing the US and former Soviet territories, they aren't that interested in exerting global influence near as much as we are, so they don't need much beyond nukes and tanks.
DanHo2010
AG
Plus, once you start counting nukes in the thousands, 1000 or 2000 is pretty irrelevant. Nuking the same target twice doesn't make everyone more dead. Besides, the most important nuke anyone can have is the first one.
Amazing Moves
Looks like wars will be fought in foreign territory for quite sometime.
Tagguy
AG
quote:
I think preseason rankings are pretty meaningless. You need to get closer to the end of the war to see which countries will make the playoffs.

Nice
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
What I don't understand is, how can some meaningless scrubs like ISIS try to push us around and get away with it? Show them who they're ****ing with and demolish them without a second thought.
TheHappyCouch-potato
Well, the Chinese are bound to find some diamonds in the rough given the raw numbers of the prospects that they go through. However, with their limited budget, we need to efficiently scout their farm system. We can hire away their best talent as it develops.

It's a shame that they don't include television revenue in these numbers. I suspect that you'll find it's the key to our advantage. We're kind of the New York Yankees of the arms race.
Ringo88
AG
Our standing militia is what makes our defense so formidable. When the entire populace of a country has the opportunity to shoot back, the idea of an invasion remains unpalatable.

The political forces and ideologies deep behind the lines of gun control measures are always looking for ways to slowly chip away at this defensive barrier over time.
Old School Brother
They need to add a column with betting odds if a winner takes all tournament started. I'm sure the good old USA would be -5000, but I'd probably take a flyer on the Israelis in the +2000 range.
oldschool87
AG
Ummm...

What about ships, destroyers, etc...
MasterAggie
AG
I don't buy the Russian and Chinese budget numbers for a second.
saber69
AG
Personal Opinion

I do not think that the U.S. should engage in hostilities unless they (we) are committed to winning. Blood and treasure should not be spent uselessly.

This requires a plan.

Typically, a win is considered as annihilation of the threat. Destroy and pummel the the enemy until they are willing to accept unconditional surrender.

The plan must consider what what the winner does with the enemy when things are over.
marble rye
AG
quote:
What I don't understand is, how can some meaningless scrubs like ISIS try to push us around and get away with it? Show them who they're ****ing with and demolish them without a second thought.

Bc they employ tactics that the US and other countries will not.
WC87
AG
lol @ CANADA

If it wasn't for our big military hockey stick they'd have been overrun years ago. We should name our newest carrier GORDIE SUCKS just to piss them off.
AggieJ29
AG
quote:

China's is even worse. Almost 3/4 of their population are in the military? Yeah...ok.
DanHo2010
AG
No, that's not people in the military. It's available manpower, or the full number of persons that could be conscripted if necessary.
elfurioso92
AG
quote:
lol @ CANADA

If it wasn't for our big military hockey stick they'd have been overrun years ago. We should name our newest carrier GORDIE SUCKS just to piss them off.
And Australia is even lower. They are like the Tech and Baylor of military power.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.