Richard Ramirez - the Night Stalker

15,846 Views | 90 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by Gigemchicken90
Fat Bib Fortuna
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm ghost writing a book for a gentleman from California who was wrongly convicted of murder and exonerated after 25 years in prison.

While in San Quentin, he met Richard Ramirez, aka the Night Stalker, whose WIkipedia entry made me want to go make sure all my doors and windows are locked extra tight tonight.

Night Stalker
Motel California
S
Are you just now learning about Richard Ramirez?
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Yes, I was 11 years old in 1985, didnt pay much attention to mass murders.
Motel California
S
quote:

I was 5 in 1985.
Beerosch
AG
quote:
quote:

I was 5 in 1985.

I was 2 in 1985, but I still know who Richard Ramirez is.
Motel California
S
Richard Ramirez got married to a bleeding heart not ling after he went to prison or they attempted a marriage. I know he had a crazy uncle or cousin that was a Vietnam Vet that rubbed off on Richard in a bad way. He snuck into homes, murdered lots of people. Some very rare shoes of his made a print that helped get him caught
primrose
The shoe was a factor, but when he changed locale for his murders, the LA police figured it might be him because their murders had stopped. They had a top secret meeting with the police in SF. Told them not to mention the clue because it was the only one they had.
Same afternoon, Mayor Diane Feinstein went on tv and announced the clue. He went to the Golden Gate Bridge and dropped the shoes in the bay.
Then he went back to LA and did some more murders in different shoes, I guess. He never left anymore footprints.

That mayor is now a US senator.
itsyourboypookie
The we tonight guy?
somedudeAustin
AG
Went to my high school. Teachers would freak us out by telling us which desk he used to sit in.
HBCanine08
AG
Night Stalkers Don't Quit!
coupland boy
AG
quote:
The shoe was a factor, but when he changed locale for his murders, the LA police figured it might be him because their murders had stopped. They had a top secret meeting with the police in SF. Told them not to mention the clue because it was the only one they had.
Same afternoon, Mayor Diane Feinstein went on tv and announced the clue. He went to the Golden Gate Bridge and dropped the shoes in the bay.
Then he went back to LA and did some more murders in different shoes, I guess. He never left anymore footprints.

That mayor is now a US senator.

Thanks for pointing that out. I Googled it to be sure. Why am i not surprised?

Madaman
night moves is better.
nai06
AG
whats really creepy is all of the groupies he had. Tons of women would come to the courthouse everyday to support him
Fonzie Scheme
AG
quote:
whats really creepy is all of the groupies he had. Tons of women would come to the courthouse everyday to support him

Manson had the same thing. Beeches be crazy.
Thomas Sowell, PhD
AG
How come he doesn't use all three names like all the other serial killers?
coupland boy
AG
quote:
How come he doesn't use all three names like all the other serial killers?

I know, right? Stay away from folks that use their middle name. Especially those with a 'John' and 'Wayne' combination.
Atreides Ornithopter
AG
The media not using the 3 names is probably a combination of the much "cooler" nickname the Night Stalker and the fact he was mexican and had 4 names
aTmAg
AG
To make this thread political:

quote:
When serial killer, Richard Ramirez, was part-way through his rampage, then-San Francisco Mayor Dianne Feinstein (yes, the same pain in the backside of honest gun owners), without consulting police, held a news conference and displayed the model of Avia shoes that Ramirez had been wearing to each of the murder sites. When Ramirez saw the news conference on television, he threw the shoes off the Golden Gate Bridge and used a different pair for future murders. Police were incensed at Feinstein for revealing a key piece of information that they intentionally had been keeping secret precisely so that Ramirez would not switch to another pair.

Thanks Dianne.
bmc13
AG
Whos Juan
AG
Sister Christian is a great song
twenty two ags
he did it because an AC/DC song told him to.
yes, people in the 80s really believed that heavy metal was responsible for murders and suicides.
KatyAg01
AG
The guy brutally murdered 13 people and still managed to stay on death row for almost 24 years after his conviction (died from lymphoma, not put to death by the state). That's a good 23 longer than he should have been there given the crimes he committed. Hooray for absurd and endless appeals in cases like this.
Motel California
S
Didn't know he died in prison. I read his book years ago and at that time he was alive.

Good to know that scum is gone
Beer Baron
AG
Mexicans stealing hard working American serial killers' jobs.
Amazing Moves
My buddy's dad owned a home security company that was available in the Los Angeles suburbs at the time TNS started his spree.. That serial killer made him rich. They couldn't handle all of the calls.
Beer Baron
AG
quote:
My buddy's dad owned a home security company that was available in the Los Angeles suburbs at the time TNS started his spree.. That serial killer made him rich. They couldn't handle all of the calls.
This sounds like motive to me.
coupland boy
AG
quote:
Mexicans stealing hard working American serial killers' jobs.
45-70Ag
AG
I knew who he was and what he did but not the specifics. Holy crap after reading that stuff on Wikipedia sleeping will be interesting he gouged out an old lady's eyes and put them in her jewelry box.

On the topic of serial killers, who was the fat ass young black male who killed several during this time in the Atlanta area.
coupland boy
AG
This one?

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wayne_Williams

I seem to recall that the evidence seemed to be very circumstantial at the time. I might have to read the Wikipedia page i just posted.

The night stalker dude too (as far as needing to read about his case). I am probably desensitized by the world since then (9-11, Columbine, etc) but the night stalker's tally struck me as 'oh well.....another serial killer'.
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
quote:
On the topic of serial killers, who was the fat ass young black male who killed several during this time in the Atlanta area.

Kenan Thompson.
Motel California
S
two best "True Crime" books that I ever read. Both were more interesting than Richard Ramirez . I know a guy that has tons of personal letters and some art work from Keith Jesperson (first book posted)

45-70Ag
AG
Wayne Williams is the one I was thinking of.
PrincessButtercup
AG
well crap.
Amazing Moves
quote:
quote:
This sounds like motive to me.
No.. I normally target beer loving gay lawyers on social forums. /slowly sharpens a straight razor
DannyDuberstein
AG
Dude got the death penalty a dozen times over and those puss-ass Californians still waited 25 years for cancer to kill him.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.