What's the most dangerous part of a big city you've been in

14,794 Views | 117 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by Helms96
Dr. Faustus
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm in the Bloody Nickel roughly 5x/week.

College Park in the ATL.
aggiebrother33
Took a wrong subway after a Yankee game, ended up in Jamaica Queens around 2am when we got above ground...thank god a cab was close by. His exact first words were "you two ok? You lost?" I said yep and hauled it back toward the correct direction...
OregonAggie
AG
Off O'Connor and Irving Blvd in Irving now....

The block is getting hot

petey88

Somewhere off of Revolution Blvd in Tijuana. Cop stopped us, then a pedestrian got hit by a taxi about a block away. He put his right hand on his holster, said we go to jail and pay fine tomorrow, while holding his other hand out for the fine.

Paid the fine, went straight back to San Diego.
BBRex
AG
Only been to TJ once, with a group of guys I was in A school with. One got stupid drunk, and the rest of the group was going to leave him alone in a bar nearly passed out while they continued bar hopping. I'd pretty much had enough, so I said I'd take him back to the barracks. Got some help getting him into a cab and back to the border. A couple of San Diego locals found me trying to basically carry him back. We laid the guy on the customs table while we checked IDs. Once we made it through, a retired Navy guy and his wife gave us a ride to base. Dude had sobered up enough that we were able to get him through the gate by putting his ID card in his hand, then pushed him. He stumbled passed the guard, and someone caught him on the other side. Actually, that dude should probably be posting that story.
StillNotAnAggie
I have a few:
My family grew up on the South Side of San Antonio between Nogalitos and Zazamora. I remember walking home one night and joking about being shot in a drive-by from a car that stopped near us and turned their lights off. Later that night 2 guys were shot and killed the house over from my Grandmothers.

My friend played football for Tulane. One night we had to pick up his friend, another football player, in the Calliope Projects. So we loaded up in his roommates Mercedes SUV and drove to pick him up at midnight in the middle of the projects. When we pulled up, we parked and he tried to leave me in the car...I didn't let that happen and went with him. Not the smartest thing we could have done considering we got lost on the way. If 2 white boys driving a Mercedes through the projects isn't a target I don't know what is.

I went to the University of Houston. Everywhere around there is ghetto.
Predmid
AG
Worked at the womens shelter in Orlando near OBT.

Not a good part of town.
Frederick Palowaski
AG
Crenshaw/Compton

Seriously
Smokes With Cigarettes
quote:
I hate going to that part of Dallas near the Cotton Bowl.

You truly are a big vagina. I've lived down here for 5 years and not one crime has been committed on my street. I do not even lock my front door and never have.

Mack Avenue in Detroit is not a fun place to be while lost.
ursusguy
AG

quote:
thought Bishop Arts was where the good food was??"

I don't like the cost associated with redevelopment areas, like Bishop Arts. There is better, cheaper food nearby.
GregZeppelin
AG
That's because Oak Cliff enacted a bunch of taxes on businesses in the Bishop Arts district, that don't apply to the rest of Oak Cliff.

Liberalism 101: raise the taxes on every economic bright spot you can find, even if it's the first one you've had in half a century. Sure fire way to encourage continued growth.
Helms96
AG
Fisher Projects New Orleans - Google it.

close second was building houses in Sunnyside in the Houston area. Found a dead painter in a ditch one morning, watched two guys steal a Reliant Energy truck (the big ones with the boom) while the driver had gone to set a meter on a house. Watched two kids that had to be 13 or less roll a stolen car off into a ditch, walked into one of our spec houses that had about 30k worth of stolen goods stored up in it. Saw a roofer get his compressor stolen right out from under him while he was working on the roof. Was best to be out of that place well before dark.
Firearms and LTC Instructor
12thGun.com
Jarhead
CO of P-2 Class of ‘96
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
People love to talk about the Fifth Ward, but I maintain that Sunnyside is the most effed up part of town. You can drive down Cullen or Scott Street in the middle of the day and see crackheads and drunks stumbling around through vehicular traffic. I would not want to work any kind of job in that area.
Helms96
AG
It was pretty eye opening for sure. I never went down there without having my pistol tucked into my back. One of the very few places I ever carried where I felt there was a very good chance I might have to use it
Firearms and LTC Instructor
12thGun.com
Jarhead
CO of P-2 Class of ‘96

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.