Wharton, Booth, or McCombs for MBA?

5,116 Views | 35 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by reb,
HollywoodBQ
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I just love the MBA elitists who don't refer to the name of the University but instead only refer to the name of the Business School who is generally named after some Alumni who donated a crapload of money. A good friend of mine went to Haas.

I had to look up the Mendoza reference and then I remembered that I have a personal testimonial from a friend that Mendoza himself is a sleazebag but... he loves Notre Dame.

Oh well. I guess I'm lucky that I can say I got my undergrad from the Look College of Engineering and my MBA from Leeds. Glad I didn't go to Daniels or god forbid - Colorado State who doesn't even have a name for their Business School. I did strongly consider the predecessor to McCombs - back when it was still just the College of Business Administration at that little orange school in Austin.

Some time over drinks, I do have a great story about how the Hankamer School of Business really got its name (or why anyway).
reb,
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm having a hard time figuring out what sort of information the OP was expecting to hear that would (dis)qualify a school from consideration, and I keep coming back to the existence of some sort of situation akin to one or more of these:

Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.