Turkey frying question

619 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by Ogre09
97H2Oengr
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Bought a kit with a seasoning and "injector". Says it is good for fried turkeys but the first ingredient is water. Is it ok to use a water based solution for injecting a turkey that will be fried. Seems odd. Thoughts?
nai06
AG
Yeah it's fine. Just remember to lower it very slowly into the fryer. If you are really worried you can just mix some vegetable oil with seasonings and use that instead. I like using tony cachere or rotisserie seasoning
G. hirsutum Ag
AG
Remember it uses more oil than you think so fill it up more than the recommendations.
"Trust me, I'm a scientist"

"A liberal with a pen is a true weapon of mass destruction"
97H2Oengr
Thanks nai. I'm a big Tonys fan. Do you just mix it in some vegetable oil and inject? I have 3 to fry so don't mind trying a couple diff ways
nai06
AG
yeah just plain vegetable oil. Dont use olive oil because of its low smoke point
Ogre09
AG
Surface water/ice is much more problematic than water inside the meat when frying. The meat naturally contains a large amount of water, and more is usually added by the processor to help maintain moisture through cooking. Your store bought marinade will be fine.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.