Video of cops murdering that 12 year old with the toy gun

5,946 Views | 58 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by FOUR THIN INCHES
FOUR THIN INCHES
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
They just pull right up to him and kill him immediately, no questions asked, no assessment of the situation.

WARNING: death of a 12 year old:

http://www.cleveland.com/opinion/index.ssf/2014/11/video_of_tamir_rice_shooting_b.html
Dr. Not Yet Dr. Ag
I posted this in the other thread, but it seems that most of the pro-cop crowd has gone into hiding.

There is no excuse for this behavior. Both these individuals should be facing jail time.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
AggieKatie2
AG
Yeah that cop is likely going to be fired and charged with some crime, whether it is murder or not.

That video just screams lack of common sense.... again.

millertyme
AG
This is ridiculous! And the police shooting that those fools in Ferguson should be protesting.
Frank Sobotka
Perhaps the situation looked dire close up. Certainly the cops put themselves in that position. They need to be punished for that. It almost looked like a drive by.
Ragoo
AG
Who shot the video and why weren't they doing something?
bmc13
AG
was a security cam, I think
Esteban du Plantier
Dr. Not Yet Dr. Ag
Of course it looked dire close up. They are bum rushing a kid that has no idea whats going on. How can you expect anyone to not make any sudden movements or have situational awareness (as a 12 yr old, no less) when you are surprising them like that? These guys were idiots, and anything less than multiple years in jail would be a travesty.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Frank Sobotka
No I agree. That's basically what I'm saying. That they created a situation that was difficult to assess and now a twelve year old is dead.
Picard
AG
How did I wander into the Politics board???

Post removed:
by user
chipotle
Looks all stop motion. Still can see the kid reach for something. Not smart.
Ag_N_Houston
AG
I watched the video and I honestly couldn't tell what was happening. Once the cops get there, I can't see the kid. Without a clear view of the kid/audio, it is really hard to tell what happens.
aggieswyn3
If I was a cop, and I saw someone pull out a gun as I walked up to them I would shoot their ass. one less thug on the streets, lets chalk this one as a win. EOT
FOUR THIN INCHES
AG
quote:
I watched the video and I honestly couldn't tell what was happening. Once the cops get there, I can't see the kid. Without a clear view of the kid/audio, it is really hard to tell what happens.

As a non-blind person, I will explain it to you. Kid is sitting at a bench. Cop car pulls up at a fast pace as kid walks towards it. As soon as the police vehicle reaches the kid, the police immediately open fire and kill him.
Dr. Not Yet Dr. Ag
Its actually pretty easy to see. Kid is hanging out by himself in the park. Cops drive in right next to him. Stop. Cop opens door. Kid picks up his shirt. Cop shoots. We don't need to know anything else, the cops set this kid up to fail, essentially, by coming in so aggressively.
mrnegative
I don't get how anyone can support the cops in this situation. These cops deserve to be in jail
Post removed:
by user
clobby
AG
quote:
Looks all stop motion. Still can see the kid reach for something. Not smart.

A young kid doesnt know how to react in a situation like that. He was probably scared ****less they way the cops rolled up.
chipotle
Seems to me that there's several moments missing from the tape so like the article says it's hard to tell if the cops told him to put his hands up.

Either way he saw a cop car pull up and reach for something. Dumb.
mrnegative
quote:
Seems to me that there's several moments missing from the tape so like the article says it's hard to tell if the cops told him to put his hands up.

A cop car pulls up and shoots within seconds. Murder
Dr. Not Yet Dr. Ag
quote:

The video is in real time. You think they had time to say "put your hands up" in the single second it took to open the door and shoot? Maybe he said it as he was pulling the trigger.
Post removed:
by user
mrnegative
quote:
quote:

A cop car pulls up and shoots within seconds. Murder

Not always true. Use your mind, not your heart.

In this situation it is true.
aggivedave16
All cops (and cars) need to be equipped with video recording devices.
ninja69
here's a longer version of the video.

mrnegative
Still doesn't excuse the cops pulling up to within feet and immediately killing a teenager
chipotle
Hands up! Don't shoot!

Not:

walk up to cop car and reach for whatever
toucan82
I guess I'll be the dumbass who can't see what's going on
TEXAS A and M
Did any of you stop to think that the cops did not know the exact location of the reportedly armed person? It looks like they were driving through the park looking for him and stumbled up on him. They reacted quick as the "man with a gun" was approaching them.

The longer video shows the "man with a gun" walking around pointing it at random people prior to the cops getting there. The other people at the park in the longer video left before the cops show up. Maybe they're scared of the "man with a gun?"

Ag_N_Houston
AG
quote:
I guess I'll be the dumbass who can't see what's going on

Dumbass number 2. All the texags cop/lawyer/judge/activist wannabes have already accused me of being stupid.
Dr. Not Yet Dr. Ag
I'm not sure what else you're wanting to see. The video shows a very apparent and straightforward situation.
Dad
AG
IMO, they shouldn't have pulled up so close to him. It put themselves in danger if he was holding a real gun and that perceived danger is what made them so quick to squeeze the trigger.

If they had yelled at him from a safer distance he would have realized the severity of the situation and probably would have surrendered with no problems.

I think the guy driving should be fired and banned from police work and the shooter should also be fired and charged with something. I don't think murder is appropriate but I feel oike being so careless with your weapon should be a crime.
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
Also, dispatch flat out did not tell the officers that the gun was likely fake. The 911 caller specifically said it was probably fake and dispatch denied that info to the officers. Had they known, likely things would have gone down differently.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.