Do you trust the police?

3,424 Views | 59 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by GarryowenAg
Fonzie Scheme
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Just curious. If so, why? If not, why not?
Gigem Trevas
4 pages.
Dr. Not Yet Dr. Ag
I trust them as much as any armed stranger that I meet.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
BMoreBirds
No. Jail 2 days wrongfully. Scum. Just about all of them.
lotsofhp
AG
I've never hated cops.

I hate people who get mad at cops and say things like, "can you believe he gave me a ticket for doing 85!? What an *******! Don't you have something BETTER to do"
mrnegative
I trust sane cops
Drawkcab
Well, not being a criminal...
Predmid
AG
Never trust Implicitly anyone who can take away your rights, legally or otherwise.
HBCanine08
AG
quote:
I trust them as much as any armed stranger that I meet.

This. But for me it's because of recent, highlighted events where police have used what appears to be more force than is required to handle a situation
Post removed:
by user
ursusguy
AG
Yes, but had a a couple goofy encounters that I made their lives miserable for afterwards so it was fine. It really isn't that hard to get a cop reprimanded or fired, if you are willing to pursue it.
Sean_Jones
**** tha PO-lease
SapperAg
AG
Hell. No. I don't trust anyone with that kind of power who gets the benefit of the doubt in every confrontation and has the full weight of the state backing them up and protecting them.
Ragoo
AG
Only if they were required to have a college degree or 4 year equivalent. People with intense education beyond high school tend to be more rational and analytical in their actions.
Post removed:
by user
GoneGirl
AG
Generally - yes.

A handful that I'd trust everything I own with, including my kids and dog.
FOUR THIN INCHES
AG
**** the police
MemorialTXAg
No and I try to avoid them at all costs.
saber69
AG
rarely does the gubmit do much of anything that enhances my life
rhoswen
AG
No, but I also am annoyed by these people

quote:

I hate people who get mad at cops and say things like, "can you believe he gave me a ticket for doing 85!? What an *******! Don't you have something BETTER to do"
Wes97
AG
quote:
Never trust Implicitly anyone who can take away your rights, legally or otherwise.

Exactly.
Dr. Not Yet Dr. Ag
quote:
rarely does the gubmit do much of anything that enhances my life
Well except for building the roads your car drives on, treating the water you drink, ensuring the drugs and food you eat are safe, providing education for your children...however, we can agree on not inherently trusting a cop.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Ragoo
AG
To be fair, the private sector executes those things under government contract. The government is simply acting as a central point for consistency across municipalities.
Talon2DSO
AG
Yes. The richardheads are the outliers
Lungblood
quote:
To be fair, the private sector executes those things under government contract. The government is simply acting as a central point for consistency across municipalities.

Exactly. The gov is the GC on these projects, and an obviously sheety one at that.
Lungblood
To the question, I don't trust anyone I don't know, and some that I do.
Dr. Not Yet Dr. Ag
So because they contract these jobs out they aren't responsible for them? Would these private companies be providing these services as extensively as they do if there were no government intervention? This is the issue I have with being staunchly libertarian.
Post removed:
by user
Our-turn-to-rule
AG
to answer the OP's question, in general...no

why:
if you lie to them you go to jail, if they lie to you they're just doing their job
routinely use thinly veiled reasoning to justify their actions and infringe your rights
claim "Crime prevention" but are really "crime reporters"
their life is valued higher then mine for no real reason other then they are gov't employees
are the current day "revenue" collectors/enforcers for the gov't
the "blue code" protects ranks full of scumbags and bullies
UNION actions that created pensions with medical full funded after 20-25 years of service while the average person has to work for 40+yrs

I could go on...but in general, don't trust them but understand the need for them
Madden
I know a lot of cops, and just like every other group of people some are good and some aren't.
Chickenhawk
quote:
TexasRebel
AG
quote:

quote:

Almost exactly how I think on this one

A referee said this.
Goose
AG
911 is a joke in my town...
Amazing Moves
quote:
I trust sane cops
This. But even they are pawns for a bigger agenda.
GarryowenAg
AG
Screw the popo.

I've got a few buddies that are state troopers. They're the only ones I trust.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.