I thought Fox News liked guns

8,178 Views | 54 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by TRL-Ag
Post removed:
by user
Scimitar
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Or maybe it's your know-it-all smug attitude. Just saying.
Post removed:
by user
Post removed:
by user
Teslag
AG
quote:
Ogre09
AG
quote:
ursusguy
AG
I agree, every incident of this variety should be viewed as a reminder to gun owners, and look for lessons learned. Simple as that.
Ogre09
AG
quote:
quote:

Mom didn't like the guns but of course guns are safe as long as you know what you are doing!
They are safe as long as you know what you are doing. If you have young children in your home and don't have trigger guards on all of your firearms, you don't know what you're doing.

Statements like this are why I usually stop listening to a person if they are anti-gun and start talking about the subject. They usually have absolutely no idea what they are talking about when it comes to firearms, firearms storage, or firearm safety.

Speaking of not knowing what you're talking about, what do you think a trigger guard is? Are you talking about trigger locks or trigger guards?

Every gun I've seen is built with a trigger guard (I suspect some may not, but that would be an extreme exception). I don't use trigger locks, but store my guns in safes which I think is more effective.
Ogre09
AG
quote:
I agree, every incident of this variety should be viewed as a reminder to gun owners, and look for lessons learned. Simple as that.
Scimitar
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

Mom didn't like the guns but of course guns are safe as long as you know what you are doing!
They are safe as long as you know what you are doing. If you have young children in your home and don't have trigger guards on all of your firearms, you don't know what you're doing.

Statements like this are why I usually stop listening to a person if they are anti-gun and start talking about the subject. They usually have absolutely no idea what they are talking about when it comes to firearms, firearms storage, or firearm safety.

Speaking of not knowing what you're talking about, what do you think a trigger guard is? Are you talking about trigger locks or trigger guards?

Every gun I've seen is built with a trigger guard (I suspect some may not, but that would be an extreme exception). I don't use trigger locks, but store my guns in safes which I think is more effective.

Semantics. I know Stupe personally. He's a brother Marine. He knows more about weapon safety than most.
Post removed:
by user
IIIHorn
Firearm Safety Tips

• Instill in your children a healthy fear of guns by drunkenly waving one in their faces whenever you've had a few too many.
  • If you shoot yourself in the foot, immediately contact a therapist to help you confront your fear of success.
  • Dismantle your gun and melt it into a plowshare.
  • Have spouse and children wear blaze orange and shout, "Family coming through!" when moving from room to room in your home.
  • Unload gun each night by firing into ceiling, counting each bullet in screamed German.
  • Store your gun at least four feet from your liquor cabinet.
  • Never let your child play with a gun that is loaded.
  • Stress to your children that guns are only for shooting bad people. Make sure they know the difference between good and bad people by having them name examples of each from their daily lives.
  • Boil your bullets to prevent transmitting germs to people you shoot.
  • Never use a firearm to settle a poker dispute, unless it's the absolute last option.
  • Shoot a puppy at point-blank range to illustrate to your children the seriousness of guns.
  • When preparing to pistol-whip someone, make sure the safety is on.
  • Don't leave bullets on the floor where you can slip on them. That's the real killer.
  • Stupe
    S
    quote:
    quote:

Do you only store your guns in a safe? What do you do with your rifles? Or do you not have any since you used the term "guns" to describe all of your firearms? Are all of your firearms shotguns since you didn't specify if you kept handguns in a safe? Or do own handguns, but don't store them in a safe?

See how easy the "I'm going to try and sound smart by nitpicking terms" game is to play?
    BQ08
    AG
    quote:
    Everyone makes mistakes. There should be multiple levels of prevention and supervision. The problem started with the guys bragging that his hobby is safe. IT IS NOT. Admit it is not innately safe to own a gun in a home with kids and then take multiple layered measures to prevent accidents. And then STILL don't brag it is safe. A gun may be secure or it may be clear but it is never "safe". At least that is what my Army Ranger dad taught me.

Also I am pro life so again the weird assumptions and judgments make no sense.

Also also I am not anti gun. I am anti media spin that highlights good gun ownership outcomes but does not actively accept and respond to bad outcomes. You can't make a proper case for gun ownership by pretending that safety is a non issue and accidents don't happen.

Just like people flail that Muslims should speak out against terrorism, gun advocates should be the first to grab these incidents and explain what happened and how to prevent it. Not shove it under the rug.

How many gun advocates in this thread presented sympathy and positive solutions instead of "yeah other stuff is dangerous too" or "you must just hate guns" or "liberals abort babies"!!!! WTH.

OMG YOUR DAD WAS AN ARMY RANGER SO THAT MAKES HIM THE ULTIMATE EXPERT ON GUN SAFETY AND THEREFORE YOU BY PROXY!!1!

But seriously. You're being too dramatic. By your logic hammers are inherently dangerous.
    Hagen95
    AG
    quote:
    Semantics. I know Stupe personally. He's a brother Marine. He knows more about weapon safety than most.

I thought they just taught Marines which end to fix the bayonet to and how to stab with it.
    nuRowdy
    Who doesn't like IPWG?
    Post removed:
    by user
    MasterAggie
    AG
    I think that article was written by a 3 year old.
    Chickenhawk
    I will go ahead and quote this again, as it pretty much sums it up.

quote:
    quote:
    quote:
    My point was that Fox News chooses to report pro gun things but not egregious lapses in safety by a supposed expert. My other point is that child safety is important and it is sad that the rate of child deaths is so high compared to the rate of self defense deaths. I have no clue where quartering troops comes into those points. I think you are ranting based off some wild assumptions.

Careful painting the generalization of a gun broker being a gun expert.

BQ08
    AG
    quote:
    I will go ahead and quote this again, as it pretty much sums it up.

quote:
    quote:
    quote:
    My point was that Fox News chooses to report pro gun things but not egregious lapses in safety by a supposed expert. My other point is that child safety is important and it is sad that the rate of child deaths is so high compared to the rate of self defense deaths. I have no clue where quartering troops comes into those points. I think you are ranting based off some wild assumptions.

Yuuuuuuuup.
    TRL-Ag
    quote:
    quote:

Someone that collects guns isn't always an expert in teaching respect for them. A gun is only a tool. Why don't people understand that.
    Refresh
    Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
    See Subscription Benefits
    Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.