worst interview attire you've seen?

17,871 Views | 94 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by itsyourboypookie
OasisMan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
sounds like a typical ED resident
beatlesphan
AG
OP- what specialty are you applying to? Gen Surg? ER?
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
strike319
The best I've had was a kid looking for his first "real" job, he came to the interview with stains ravaging his shirt, pants were wrinkled and he smelled like a shower was an invention that had not occurred yet. He was a rather large gentlemen and when he sat down his shirt buttons just didn't have enough strength and one popped and he spent the rest of the interview with his belly button shining for all the world to see. Unfortunately he was not suited for the job.
GarlandAg2012
AG
quote:
The best I've had was a kid looking for his first "real" job, he came to the interview with stains ravaging his shirt, pants were wrinkled and he smelled like a shower was an invention that had not occurred yet. He was a rather large gentlemen and when he sat down his shirt buttons just didn't have enough strength and one popped and he spent the rest of the interview with his belly button shining for all the world to see. Unfortunately he was not suited for the job.
This makes me kinda sad
wangus12
AG
quote:
If you're looking for trauma Ben Taub is where it's at apparently
Yes, I worked Paramedic shifts in Houston on the weekends while at A&M. Ben Taub gets all the crazy, fun ****.
Talon2DSO
AG
quote:
Saw a guy today show up to a residency interview with his top 2 buttons of his shirt undone, tie askew, high water suit pants, Puma ankle socks, slip on "dress" shoes, poorly fitted, wrinkled suit, greasy, unkept hair, and smelled like he hadn't showered in days.

Looks like a brilliant doc to me
Tagguy
AG
quote:
I've received many jobs in nothing but my birthday suit.

EFE with the win
chjoak
AG
At my current job, I've seen a couple show up a little sloppy. We intentionally told them not to wear a suit. Some handled it well (slacks/nice khakis and a button up) some didn't (wrinkled khakis/blue jeans and a sloppy shirt). The best though was at a former company. Walking to the dining room and a see a very neatly dressed guy (shirt, tie & slacks) but the kicker... he had bright pink leather dress shoes and a tie to match.
Aggies Revenge
AG
Had a young lady come in for a dispatcher interview. She had fake fingernails that were about 2 inches long on each hand and was wearing inappropriately tight clothing including stirrup pants (this was early 2000's which was still a decade late for those type of pants). When told that her nails would not work well with keyboards she got quite defensive and said she would not remove for any reason.

Luckily she admitted to committing a felony (trying to forge a title to a stolen car) during the interview so I did not have to even consider her for employment.
BombayAg
quote:
I've received many jobs in nothing but my birthday suit.
Best Response!
UncleStephry
Not clothes but facial hair... very poorly kept. Like a Foo Man Shoo with scraggles. He did not get an offer to work for our company, which is sad because he was a genius with two jobs and involved in school programs.
Know Your Enemy
AG
quote:
Not clothes but facial hair... very poorly kept. Like a Foo Man Shoo with scraggles. He did not get an offer to work for our company, which is sad because he was a genius with two jobs and involved in school programs.

Foo Man Shoo?
I Play With Guns
S
This thread makes me sad
OasisMan
AG
quote:
Head there manana, but flying out Sunday for an interview in Detroit, then flying back the following day for my interview there on Tuesday.
where did you get
Dr. Not Yet Dr. Ag
A program in the South, although wasn't your program. Similar patient population though.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
nai06
AG
I had a guy come to an interview wearing sweatpants, tennis shoes, and an old polo shirt. He didnt smell all that bad but hadnt showered that day. After going over what the job entailed and asked if he would be able to meet the job requirements. He told me he could and that he would be a hard worker. I ended up hiring the the guy. True to his word he was always on time and worked very hard. Younger guy that had been kicked out by his parents (recently 18). He was living in his car at the time hence the clothes at the interview. Still one of the best workers I ever had.
Goose
AG
I would certainly hope he was always on time considering "home" was out in the parking lot. That's a pretty sweet commute if you can get it!
Jack Boyett
AG
My plant hires a bunch of people every year. Mostly young guys, High school education type job, $12-13/hr. 90% come to these interviews in t shirts and jeans. I don't have a lot of faith in the future.
Decay
AG
quote:
My plant hires a bunch of people every year. Mostly young guys, High school education type job, $12-13/hr. 90% come to these interviews in t shirts and jeans. I don't have a lot of faith in the future.

You want them to wear their dad's suit or something? GED-type jobs get GED-type applicants.
redass89
B**** jeans that he had sagging past his ass. A large bright red Echo Polo that went down almost to his knees. Gold tooth with an "M" engraved in the front. AND he never thought twice about taking his very large bluetooth out of his ear.

One of the first things he tells me is he's a gunshot victim....I wonder why?

We didn't hire him.
Quailmeezy
AG
Had a potential faculty candidate for a professor job at SRPH come in wearing teva sandals with no socks and an old wrinkly untucked polo. One of my professors, who was interviewing the candidate, came into my office before the candidate met with a group of students to talk with a shocked look on his face and we had the following exchange:
Prof: "If you were going to an all day I nterview to be a professor, what would you wear?"
Me: (confused) "A nice suit?"
Prof: "Oh thank God"

I was a bit confused until I walked into the room with the potential candidate and suddenly everything made sense.
tzube114
AG

One guy we interviewed came in looking something like this. Skinny jeans and black skater sneakers. Top button was done as well like these *********s like to do. This must be hipster "nice."

I asked him if what he had on was appropriate for the interview and he got extremely defensive. He didn't have all the tattoos but still very inappropriate. Dress for the job you want, not the job you have (sitting on your parents couch smoking weed all day playing PS4.)

Needless to say, the guy had some growing up to do and did not get the job.
powerbelly
AG
quote:
Top button was done as well like these *********s like to do. This must be hipster "nice."
Air tie
tzube114
AG
quote:
quote:
Top button was done as well like these *********s like to do. This must be hipster "nice."
Air tie
Thanks for the clarification
runontexas
AG
No point of "interview attire"
runontexas
AG
Old Army need to get wit it

We wear what we want, doesn't affect work output.
aggiesq
AG
quote:

There'll be no output when you don't get hired
ccrdag
S
quote:

When did you start your job with the sanitation dept?

WOW!
FOUR THIN INCHES
AG
quote:

Agreed. A bunch of old has been metrosexuals who care way too much about fashion in this thread. Just work hard and leave the fashion to the women and the queers.
runontexas
AG
quote:

Old Army too uptight, got that stick up their wazoo.... I'll interview in my hipster clothes.
cisgenderedAggie
Dark green clip on tie with an orange and whit pocket square. Thought I was going to puke.
Esteban du Plantier
AG
We had a lady that spoke no English bring her daughter to translate and an infant. The infant's ****ty diaper stunk up the office horribly.

She's probably still unemployed.
EFE
AG
quote:
We had a lady that spoke no English bring her daughter to translate and an infant. The infant's ****ty diaper stunk up the office horribly.

Racist
BackwardsInBoots
AG
quote:
quote:

Racist

He never mentioned a particular race
EFE
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

Racist

He never mentioned a particular race

Shhhh.... I'm trying to create outrage...
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.