Appropriate or not? Halloween

5,066 Views | 32 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by AGnNoCo
histag10
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I was thinking about getting a bunch of mini liquor bottles and giving them out to the parents who take their kids trick or treating. What say you GB, is this a good idea or not?
UncleStephry
Lawsuit, lawsuit, lawsuit.
Geralt of Rivia
S
Give them to the kids instead
Frederick Palowaski
AG
Aren't you the expert on parenting?
Ronnie Gardocki
Dumb
Geralt of Rivia
S
but seriously, I wouldn't
ClickClack
AG
Nice idea but I probably wouldn't
histag10
AG
quote:

Not to my knowledge. Don't recall ever saying anything like that.
ClickClack
AG
Free BJs for all the dads would be better and more appropriate
Matsui
AG
Great idea. Wish you were in my hood.
aTm2004
AG
YES!!! I hope my neighbors do something similar so that coupled with my ****ty candy will mean no trick-or-treaters in the future.
FOUR THIN INCHES
AG
quote:
quote:
Hi.
no one can claim to be a parenting expert until their kids are full grown. gotta wait and see how they turn out before you can crown yourself as a good parent.
B-1 83
AG
We'll have a full ice chest, and the parents are welcome to help themselves. Chips, queso, salsa, BBQ, etc...will also be out.
Rutedown
I've seen it done in The Woodlands. Candy for kids and a glass of wine or beer for the parents. Win win
whoop91
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
Hi.
no one can claim to be a parenting expert until their kids are full grown. gotta wait and see how they turn out before you can crown yourself as a good parent.
You can do all you can, but that still may not work. Most turn out fine, but when they turn 13 until about 24, it is not about your skills alone.
FOUR THIN INCHES
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
Hi.
You can do all you can, but that still may not work. Most turn out fine, but when they turn 13 until about 24, it is not about your skills alone.
It's also your genes, the genes of the mate you chose, and the environment you raise them in, all of which fall under the parenting umbrella. If your kid is a **** up, it's your fault.
Amazing Moves
quote:
Free BJs for all the dads would be better and more appropriate
Checking flights to Montana..
nuRowdy
This should be a new tradition to hopefully limit it to just neighbors that don't have to drive to get home.

But then I've lived in this city for five years and have had a grand total of three trickortreaters
histag10
AG
I live in a town of about 5000. Everyone can walk home if they need to, and my specific neighborhood is close knit
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I am fully in support of this, OP.
Tree Hugger
AG
Offering a shot would be cheaper
histag10
AG
quote:
Offering a shot would be cheaper
I'm not lolpoor, why would I try to be cheap?
Ragoo
AG
quote:
I live in a town of about 5000. Everyone can walk home if they need to, and my specific neighborhood is close knit

Which dorm?
histag10
AG
quote:
quote:

Which dorm?

FHKplex in college
marble rye
AG
It could be a fun gesture...hold out a bowl of them and let them pick or decline. I don't see how it would be tacky.
Goodfield Nohit
I've been handing out wine and beer to parents for years. We're a very popular stop.
Ag_N_Houston
AG
Better idea: Give the kids candy. Give the parents condoms...you know, so they won't have more kids.
Talon2DSO
AG
A couple parents on our street set up an ice chest with beer for those parents walking with their kids. Not a bad idea at all
we can pickle that
quote:
A couple parents on our street set up an ice chest with beer for those parents walking with their kids. Not a bad idea at all

That's awesome
Natasha Romanoff
My neighbors have beer and food and wine. They offer the parents food and a beverage, kids get candy. I don't see the problem in offering it.

It's a fun time. I like Halloween more as an adult than I did as a kid.
aglaohfour
AG
In Fairmount (Fort Worth) several homes had kegs or ice chests on their porches for parents of trick-or-treaters. Really fun!
FOUR THIN INCHES
AG
quote:

Same on our street, now we're all getting ****ed up.
AGnNoCo
AG
Up here in Colorado my kid and I stopped at a house and they had two buckets. One for kids. One for adults. Very cool! And, they just happen to be Aggies...
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.