Dad punishes daughter for lying about her age on facebook

3,210 Views | 17 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by redd38
Tanya 93
How long do you want to ignore this user?
and having an older boyfriend

By Dominic Kelly, Wed, October 29, 2014

As a punishment for lying about her age to try and date an older boy, Louisville, Kentucky, dad Kevin Jones decided to resort to embarrassing his daughter as much as he could.

Jones reportedly caught his 10-year-old daughter lying about her age on social media and posting pictures of herself that made her look older. When Jones found out that she had an older boyfriend, he came up with a creative way to make sure that she learned a lesson.
To punish her for lying and sneaking around, Jones decided to make a t-shirt that reads "I am 10 years old" on the front and "5th grader" on the back and force his daughter to wear it while posing in pictures.
Additionally, Jones decided that he needed to dress his daughter for her age so that she would get the point of the punishment, so he put her in pig tails with bows in her hair and made her carry a princess backpack.

"She claims to be in love and going out with a boyfriend which is completely against my rules!!!!" wrote Jones on his Facebook page, along with the photos. "I uncovered that she has been doing this for
quite some time. Here's the consequences behind her actions."

Since being posted last week, the photos and post have garnered close to 250,000 likes and 77,000 shares.
"You did the right thing," wrote a supportive Facebook commenter. "I bet she got in line real quick . So keep it up. You're an awesome dad. She will thank you later when she's not pregnant at 12 and has a
standing chance in this world."
Do you think this dad acted appropriately?

AliasMan02
AG
Outing her as a 10 year old might just get her a whole different kind of boyfriend. Watch out, dad!
Duncan Idaho
Good for him
Sea Gull
AG
Parents disgust me. Why even let a 10 year old have facebook? Just asking for trouble if you allow your kids to have an account on there. Or if the parents post their pictures on the internet. Just plain ****ing stupid.
Here4Beer
AG
quote:
Outing her as a 10 year old might just get her a whole different kind of boyfriend. Watch out, dad!
This made me lol.
He did do the right thing but let's be real, she's showing all the early signs of a future sloot. Reason #100 why I hope to never have a daughter
The Collective
AG
A dad who gives a damn about her. She will thank him one day.
tford12
AG
quote:
Parents disgust me. Why even let a 10 year old have facebook? Just asking for trouble if you allow your kids to have an account on there. Or if the parents post their pictures on the internet. Just plain ****ing stupid.
I agree that she shouldnt have one at that age....but its hard to control as a parent. She could probably create one at school or at friends' houses. god forbid trying to prevent a child from social media if they have a cell phone
Tree Hugger
AG
Why is the Community so fond of airbrushed shirts?
OCEN99
AG
quote:
Why even let a 10 year old have facebook?

I'm pretty sure that's against the Facebook TOS too.
histag10
AG
quote:
quote:
I agree that she shouldnt have one at that age....but its hard to control as a parent. She could probably create one at school or at friends' houses. god forbid trying to prevent a child from social media if they have a cell phone

Why does a 10 year old kid need a cell phone?
Tanya 93
quote:
quote:
quote:

Wait until your kid is in select league, traveling all over the state. You can't go to every game if you work and sometimes you need to know when they will be coming back from a tournament.
histag10
AG
There isn't an adult with them that has a cell phone?
Tanya 93
quote:
There isn't an adult with them that has a cell phone?
There probably is.
tford12
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

They don't. But it happens
Charpie
AG
my kid had a cell phone at 10. it was unplugged and dead most of the time. as a 12 year old, she uses it way more. mostly to text friends about homework
aglaohfour
AG
I'm not really in favor of using public humiliation as a form of discipline, but I guess it's better than not doing anything at all in this instance. Mistake number one was allowing her to have a Facebook to begin with. If she created one secretly, that's a parenting fail as well. In any case, hopefully she learns the right lesson from this.
Pollo Libre
I wonder how old the "boyfriend" is.
AliasMan02
AG
quote:
I wonder how old the "boyfriend" is.

Don't judge our love
redd38
AG
quote:
quote:
Why even let a 10 year old have facebook?

I'm pretty sure that's against the Facebook TOS too.
Yeah, I would imagine facebook is going to delete her account now.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.