It's been asked before, but .....auto insurance discount for using....

531 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by Claude!
B-1 83
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
A driving "habit calculator" with your cars for a month or so. USAA wants to do this. What happens if they don't like the way you drive? Do they calculate speed? I can be a little "heavy footed" at times on the Interstate....
91_Aggie
AG
You'd be stupid to do this. Your rates will likely get jacked up... and if you are in an accident and it happens to actually be the other person's fault, and they see that you were going 1MPH over the limit at the time of the crash, they likely will jack your rates up or deny a claim if you have comprehensive.

Beer Baron
AG
Get it, and mess with their heads by driving exclusively to adult movie theaters and playgrounds for the whole month.
DE4D
AG
They key factor they calculate on is how many sudden stops you make. So speeding wouldn't hurt you as bad as if you are the type that goes 0-45 ( 600ft to the next red light) full speed until last second and slam on your breaks.

The sudden deceleration is a much better metric of poor/ at risk driving habits.
80s Guy
quote:
Get it, and mess with their heads by driving exclusively to adult movie theaters and playgrounds for the whole month.
Add in the random gay bar and lingerie store just to f*** with them.
aggieforester05
AG
quote:
The sudden deceleration is a much better metric of poor/ at risk driving habits.
If only traffic cops understood this....
Claude!
For the 5% or whatever discount they offered me, it's not worth the intrusion into my driving.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.