14 Depressing things about your late 20s

5,473 Views | 73 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by Original_NoOlives
histag10
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
http://thoughtcatalog.com/kay-charles/2014/10/14-shtty-things-no-one-expects-in-their-late-twenties/

It's a little sad, and a little depressing, but funny in a completely true kind of way.

The one that I'm REALLY sad about is #7, but now I just blame that on my growing baby belly
Kate Beckett
AG
Most of these are applicable to me.
redeyeone
AG
With the exception of the moving home stuff, this could easily apply to people in their thirties and some forty year olds I know.
histag10
AG
quote:
With the exception of the moving home stuff, this could easily apply to people in their thirties and some forty year olds I know.

Now that is REALLY depressing.
GMM
Sounds like 14 millennial "problems"
Predmid
AG
Guess I am that guy in #10.

Screw you millennials.
AgEng06
AG
That's a pretty dumb list and seems to be written for people that aren't ready for the real world. Suck it up and grow up.

Bah humbug.
histag10
AG
Maybe it should be 14 depressing things for people in their late 20s with a liberal arts degree

Though I'm married, so he makes up for most of it lol
Ronnie Gardocki
bmc13
AG
sounds like a poor that wants everything to come to them
Mr. White
quote:
Maybe it should be 14 depressing things for people in their late 20s with a liberal arts degree

why are you laughing out loud while making a sad face? That's weird.

You have a problem.
we can pickle that
Meh
B-1 83
AG
I made the mistake of expressing my opinion at work. I should had smiled, nodded, drooled, and dragged my knuckles like a good Gub'ment worker.
SRBS
It's depressing that my late 20s were 25 years ago
Duncan Idaho
With the exception of the drinking one, none of those applied to me in my late 20's...strangely the almost all applied in my 30's
Amazing Moves
There is nothing depressing about your late 20s
scout 7866
that is a pathetic list

she sounds like a whiney betch that no one wants to be around anyways
Geralt of Rivia
S
quote:
There is nothing depressing about your late 20s
Chickenhawk
quote:
That's a pretty dumb list and seems to be written for people that aren't ready for the real world. Suck it up and grow up.

Bah humbug.

No chit. Im late 20s, married, homeowner, plenty of money in the bank. Wtf is wrong with my generation if this list is the norm?
Knife_Party
Number 4 is only true if you number 7 the **** out of yourself. Girls pools will shrink because evolution, but not as much as if you number 7 the **** out of yourself...
howitzercannon
AG
Well sheet.

Every single one of those is me, and I have a job in the industrial industry and paid pretty well. I don't know what I want to do with my self, and I want to travel, but i'm paying for things I really shouldn't be, and frankly it is annoying...moving back with the folks for a couple of years would make the most financial sense to then be financially free to do what ever I want before i'm 30, but I need to cut the drinking, get back to working out, eating healthy, and saving money.
ABATTBQ11
AG
I'm in my twenties and none of that ****apples to me. Maybe, "Just go with what you feel," isn't such a great life plan.
PrincessButtercup
AG
quote:

Nope. I guess I'm officially in my latter half of my 20's, with a liberal arts degree, and I love my life. Awesome job, awesome husband, awesome friends, awesome city. I'm not rich, and I still have student loans, but there are too many things to be thankful for to get stressed about small things.
Holly Golightly
AG
quote:
It's depressing that my late 20s were 25 years ago
Ogre09
AG
quote:
quote:

Bah humbug.

No chit. Im late 20s, married, homeowner, plenty of money in the bank. Wtf is wrong with my generation if this list is the norm?

Yup
Ogre09
AG
The only one that I get is still drinking
Silky Johnston
Should be renamed to "14 Depressing Things If You Suck at Life."
G. hirsutum Ag
AG
Lol at the people who this stuff actually describe their life. Im almost 27, have been married a while, have an almost 1 year old, an awsome job, own am on my second house, no student loans, no car payments, and a ton of money in the bank and in retirement. #winning
PrincessButtercup
AG
quote:
Lol at the people who this stuff actually describe their life. Im almost 27, have been married a while, have an almost 1 year old, an awsome job, own am on my second house, no student loans, no car payments, and a ton of money in the bank and in retirement. #winning
effin' grad school. I'd have no student loans if not for grad school.
POW
AG
wow sure glad my life isn't as pathetic as the authors. Literally none of these apply to me.
Chickenhawk
quote:
Should be renamed to "14 Depressing Things If You Suck at Life."
G. hirsutum Ag
AG
Was on full fellowship for graduate school. My wife had some loans that we got paid off about 3 years ago. #winning
nuRowdy
Wtf is wrong with the OP? My home is where I live and I want to live here until I have to be responsible for sex trophies. I still eat whatever I want and can't gain a pound. I have a good job that pays me money, so I'm not poor. I date when I want (basically when I'm not distracted by sports; so that's pretty much not this time of year). I'm out of my late 20's, but even when I was there I was happily married and didn't worry about this ****. Zero **** given.
PrincessButtercup
AG
quote:
Was on full fellowship for graduate school. My wife had some loans that we got paid off about 3 years ago. #winning
My department was suuuuuper small. They accepted 6 MA students my year, but only provided funding for the PhD candidates. But congrats to you. That is awesome.
Ag_N_Houston
AG
That was a really dumb list.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.