How to research reputable cosmetic surgeons

886 Views | 15 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by aTm2004
Ryan the Temp
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Didn't have any luck with this on AO, so hopefully I won't regret resorting to the GB too much

One of my coworkers is too embarrassed to ask this question of her own network of people, so I'm hoping you fine people can be of assistance.

She is looking at having some liposuction done and maybe breast augmentation. Of course the surgeon websites are going to have glowing reviews and only the best before/after pictures, so she is looking for suggestions on the best way to independently evaluate surgeons to make an informed decision.

I think her desire for lipo and a boob job probably mitigate Rule #1.
AgEng06
AG
quote:
Didn't have any luck with this on AO, so hopefully I won't regret resorting to the GB too much

One of my coworkers is too embarrassed to ask this question of her own network of people, so I'm hoping you fine people can be of assistance.

She is looking at having some liposuction done and maybe breast augmentation. Of course the surgeon websites are going to have glowing reviews and only the best before/after pictures, so she is looking for suggestions on the best way to independently evaluate surgeons to make an informed decision.

I think her desire for lipo and a boob job probably mitigate Rule #1.
I think you should let us decide that!
EFE
AG
Does she at least have a pretty face, or is it busted too?
histag10
AG
go to different doctors, ask how they will fix your ugly.

The one that says he cant is probably the most reputable
Zemira
AG
So I had plastic surgeon remove a growth from my face as a child and he no longer practices but it was a recommendation of my dermatologist at the time.

Recently I have had good luck asking my doctors for recommendations for other specialties. I am not sure if this would work for plastic surgery, but it can't be any worse than the website approach.
lctag
AG
There is a guy that used to perform lipo (cash only) in a back room at Cole's Flea Market off Hwy 35 in Pearland. Despite using a wet-dry-vac to shape the abdomen area, his work left patients mostly satisfied with limited scarring.
AGC
AG
I know a vet that recommends that when you move to a new area you call up vets and ask them to list the top 3 they'd take their own pets to if they can't do it themselves. Perhaps have her call around and do the same?
Holly Golightly
AG
I'll give her the name of mind if I'm satisfied with the results I get
Post removed:
by user
Rutedown
Uh what! Are you making adjustments to the twins?
Duncan Idaho
Go to a strip club and find a look you like then ask her who did the work.
RynoAg
AG
RTT...a serious reply from the GB. Dr. Bullocks.
understandingmom
Malcolm Rude, MD
Lots of answers to questions (not just pictures) on his website, Facebook, and blog. I think he offers a free consultation. He has an all inclusive payment system also if he does your procedures in his surgical suite. This is very convenient and saves you money. Good luck to her!
dubi
AG
Dr Rude is in B/CS. Patient is in Houston.
80s Guy
quote:
Go to a strip club and find a look you like then ask her who did the work.
This.
Claude!
quote:
RTT...a serious reply from the GB. Dr. Bullocks.

I thought this said "Dr. Buttocks".
aTm2004
AG
Getting your balloon knot bleached?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.