A great great person has passed...

2,969 Views | 22 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by bmc13
SquareOne07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
And maybe this isn't the right place for such a topic, but I put it on my facebook, and if there was a way I could let more people know about his life, I absolutely would.

Greg Urban married my childhood babysitter and my family and theirs have stayed close throughout the years. I watched them as a couple, then I was at their wedding, then I watched them struggle with getting pregnant and ultimately had their littler girl, Sadie. I watched Greg racked with pain in his too-young life (he died at 36) of crippling arthritis, but in talking to him, you'd never know. Greg was the most positive person I'd ever met, hands down. He taught the world around him that there's nothing an old comic book, a bright outlook, and a smile couldn't fix.

His wife and little girl came home to him having passed away suddenly last Friday, likely due to heart complications. Now he's left behind holes in the hearts of too many to count, a young wife looking for direction, and a little girl who adores her daddy...much like I see in my own little girl.

I don't expect anybody to go visit this page, much less give. Whoever set the page up did so rather sparsely, but I want to tell his story to as many people as I can.

Greg Urban Memorial Fund

I'm sorry if this is tl;dr, but if one more person knows about Greg, then that's all the difference I can make on this Tuesday night...
Chickenhawk
T&P
Holly Golightly
Max06
ABATTBQ11
AG
T&P
nuRowdy
T&Ps. I lost a friend a few months ago and his widow and son are staying strong but still struggling. I have another friend with bad arthritis that sounds about in a similar situation. Oh, and a funeral Thursday for another friend that age. Step back and appreciate those in your life now.
Marauder Blue 6
AG
SquareOne is absolutely right about Greg. I used to work with Greg and he's one of the nicest, most genuine people I've ever met. He was a big kid at heart. I'll always remember his desk as a large, macabre toy store. I was stunned when I found out Saturday morning. Sadly, he's gone much too soon. He definitely leaves a large hole in the hearts of those who knew him. I donated yesterday. It's good to see so many stepping up to help his wife and daughter in a very generous way.
PrincessButtercup
AG
So sad. Sorry for your loss.
we can pickle that
That blows
GinaLinetti
Amazing Moves
That's horrible. I didn't know you could die from that. T&P
aglaohfour
AG
So sorry for your loss. Thank you for sharing Greg's story. Prayers for his wife and daughter.
fishinaggiegirl
AG
T&P
GrayMatter
AG
quote:
Why do people feel the need to make posts like this
Okay I'll bite.

Because we can all sympathize when we lose someone we love so dearly. We are not immune to death and this is another reminder that we can all go at any moment. When someone makes a posts about someone, they may not know how to cope with such a loss and don't know of a better way to commemorate him so peace be to them, Greg Urban and to those who were touched by Greg's passing.
bmc13
combat wombat™
AG
You have to neither open the thread, nor make a donation. It's a bit like tv... you can simply turn it off. (Or click out.)
Post removed:
by user
fido00
AG
I went to HS with Greg. I am so sorry to hear of his passing. I read this post when it was posted, but didn't think it would be the same Greg. I remember him being a very friendly guy, but didn't realize that he was an Eagle scout.

My prayers go out to his family.
PLUM LOCO
AG
T&P
SteveBott
AG
3 objections to this thread. Good Lord folks. Pathetic.
nuRowdy
1 How do you know how many objections a thread has?
2 T&Ps for Greg's widow
3. My friend that was widowed earlier this year has a plan with her son. At least that.
Houston Summit
AG
Here
SteveBott
AG
quote:
1 How do you know how many objections a thread has?
2 T&Ps for Greg's widow
3. My friend that was widowed earlier this year has a plan with her son. At least that.

Are you new here?

I'm new here too.
bmc13
AG
if you upvote or downvote a thread it tells you how many ups and downs have been placed
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.